We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

***Reminder regarding Touche salesman - you must get the Extra Large Recommended Goods Set as reward for Shopkeeper for a Day Quest(I actually skipped what Ray said about discounts and had to reload cause I didn't got Extra Large on my first attempt earlier)

I updated info on the checkpoint so people will check the opening post for details on that trophy, thanks for pointing that out.

1. Thoughts on the amnesia as a plot device in this game?

Had a pressing desire to get my thoughts down on this but have forgotten what I was going to say

2. Thoughts on Adol and Duren? (don't worry if you don't have many this is more to see how our opinions change on them)

Like Adol possibly due to the magnificent mane of red hair , Duren just seems to me as a sneaky out for himself kind of fellow, I am already hoping something bad is in store for him

3. Favourite Character so far?

No real favourite yet, 

4. Thoughts on General Leo? Do you think he'll prove to be an ally or a hindrance in the long run?

I really like his cape, I wish capes would come back into fashion. I am looking forward to seeing him evolve more before I judge him and increasing my cape envy.

5. Thoughts on the combat system? Who have you been using most?

Good, easy to use and understand, did find assigning the skill to the circle button cause a bit of problems at first as was always switching character.

6. How did you find the first boss fight in the mines?

After getting over the initial frenzied mashing of buttons I actually got some moves on, which is unusual for me as I am definitely a button masher.

7. Do you like the art style/graphics?

Yes, have not played many vita games as was quite surprised with the quality. The lovely predominant green colouring of the woods is very soothing as I get attacked by weird purple things

Edited by cjshaitan

The sword duel quest in Comodo is slamming me, any help appreciated

Unequip everything on Duren before starting this side quest. Not sure if he can use skills, but you can remove those too. I took him down by circling around him and using my skills. When you don't have a lot of good skills, try fighting that giant monkey at the entrance of the Forest of Dawn (it's near a teleport monument, so you can heal when necessary).

Not to be rude, but I'll start going there when someone will already have reached checkpoint 3. Missing objectives and important details just seem to keep adding.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with "going there". But if you complete Comodo before Selray, you can complete the Sword Tranining side quest before reaching checkpoint #3.

Ok, are the missable things the only thing keeping you from playing? Or is the list on the OP not clear enough?

I just want to be sure nothing is missing in the objectives. I definitely don't want to miss anything (and I thought it was the purpose of this group.)

Also, it's a bit confusing when... (example:)

• After arriving at Selray you'll get   :bronze: Proof of Life for reaching a settlement.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, talk to Zara for tickling session #2.
Most objectives start with "after", but the previous objective didn't tell me I had to go there (it seems present in most objectives)... My English and phrasing suck. I hope it made sense.

Also confused with both town's objectives titled: "Comodo first:"  "Selray first:"

Shouldn't it be, Comodo first and Selray second? Or you can do it in any order? What the best option to miss nothing?

Edited by jeandeve

I just want to be sure nothing is missing in the objectives. I definitely don't want to miss anything (and I thought it was the purpose of this group.)

Also, it's a bit confusing when... (example:)

• After arriving at Selray you'll get   :bronze: Proof of Life for reaching a settlement.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, talk to Zara for tickling session #2.
Most objectives start with "after", but the previous objective didn't tell me I had to go there (it seems present in most objectives)... My English and phrasing suck. I hope it made sense.

Also confused with both town's objectives titled: "Comodo first:"  "Selray first:"

Shouldn't it be, Comodo first and Selray second? Or you can do it in any order? What the best option to miss nothing?

I thought the titles would make it clear to go to Selray for the example you mentioned. But here's some additional information: When you go through the Misty Peak, you'll eventually reach Selray village. If you go to Selray first (and Comodo after that) you'll get the story-related trophy :bronze: Proof of Life (I added the story-related trophies to help Buu plan checkpoints). After some story events you can eventually walk freely throught the village. When that happens, go to the inn and talk to the little girl Zara near the quest board and let her tickle you (tickling session #1). After investigating and talking to certain people you must go to the Sacred Beasts' Lair. Complete that and you'll return to Selray, this is when you talk to Zara again and let her tickle you for tickling session #2.

Yeah you can do Comodo and Selray in any order. There isn't a best option, but imo the second boss in Sacred Beasts' Lair is very annoying. I'd recommend to go to Comodo first and do the Ancient Burrow to level up a bit. 

I hope this explains things clear enough.

I thought the titles would make it clear to go to Selray for the example you mentioned.

I know, not Selray, I was talking about the Sacred Beast's Lair. It's not mentioned until it says "After completing Sacred Beast's Lair".

Same thing with Ancient Burrow, it's not mentionned until it says "Missable content unlock after completing Ancient Burrow" (like, what is it you're talking about?)

It seems I'm the only one who gets confused with this kind of thing.

Edited by jeandeve

I know, not Selray, I was talking about the Sacred Beast's Lair. It's not mentioned until it says "After completing Sacred Beast's Lair".

Same thing with Ancient Burrow, it's not mentionned until it says "Missable content unlock after completing Ancient Burrow" (like, what is it you're talking about?)

Sacred Beasts' Lair is part of the Selray story event (see quote below) and Ancient Burrow is part of the Comodo story event. You must go there to continue the story. A map marker will be placed on the world map to indicate the location of the Sacred Beasts' Lair and the Ancient Burrow. To go to the world map, press  :select:  In Comodo the missable stuff won't unlock until you complete the Ancient Burrow and beat the 2 bosses there. After beat the 2 bosses, you'll automatically return to Comodo and the screen will say that you can complete quests in Comodo. In Selray you have to get tickling session #1 before completing the Sacred Beasts' Lair, otherwise you'll miss it.

I thought the titles would make it clear to go to Selray for the example you mentioned. But here's some additional information: When you go through the Misty Peak, you'll eventually reach Selray village. If you go to Selray first (and Comodo after that) you'll get the story-related trophy  :bronze: Proof of Life (I added the story-related trophies to help Buu plan checkpoints). After some story events you can eventually walk freely throught the village. When that happens, go to the inn and talk to the little girl Zara near the quest board and let her tickle you (tickling session #1). After investigating and talking to certain people you must go to the Sacred Beasts' Lair. Complete that and you'll return to Selray, this is when you talk to Zara again and let her tickle you for tickling session #2.

Ancient Burrow is the dungeon related to Comodo. Sacred Beast's Lair is related to Selray.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Same thing with Ancient Burrow, it's not mentionned until it says "Missable content unlock after completing Ancient Burrow" (like, what is it you're talking about?)

You can't do anything in Comodo until you've returned after defeating two bosses.

You're essentially locked into a really long quest once you get to Comodo. You'll end up defeating two bosses, then you'll be in Comodo. I've seen for myself as I've done that section. Until you beat the two bosses you can't really go anywhere else as the game will keep telling you that you are heading the wrong way. Also you're not allowed to view the quest board until you return.

If you think anything sounds suspect check the opening post about missable trophies and that should clarify anything. As all missables are listed there.

There's a chest you can drop a hive on but it is recoverable you just reenter the area see this thread here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643152-ys-memories-of-celceta/68160445

Hope that clarifies everything.

I've been busy I'll cleanup everything tomorrow.

I should add there's been only one slightly dodgy detail and that was with the Touche saleman that Jeieem highlighted, but that was already in the opening post. So missing important detailsat best has only occured once and even that was corrected pretty quickly.

Edited by Superbuu3

The sword duel quest in Comodo is slamming me, any help appreciated

The slasher DXand Beast armor DXyou can buy in the shop make this significantly easier, (I didn't try unequipping the other guy, but doing that will likely help). I was playing on normal and using my L button, it knocked him down to like 1/3 of his health then running away and using sonic dash to land hits finished him off easily.

Finally caught up to checkpoint 3!  :lol: My progress so far is: Map 46.5%, Memories 38.8%, Chests 32.1%, Harvest Points 55.5%. Trophy Wise I got all combat related, Adol & Duren & not long before I get Trails in the Mud

I've seen it before being a fan of rpg's but being new to Ys series it's a nice introduction for the player & helps alot

2. Thoughts on Adol and Duren? (don't worry if you don't have many this is more to see how our opinions change on them)

I like them make a great team/comedy duo imo I just Duren wouldn't do it purely for the money ;/

That would Karna she's my kind of gal ;) But I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of romance cliché later in the game although I wouldn't secretly mind that so I ain't 1 to comlain :P

4. Thoughts on General Leo? Do you think he'll prove to be an ally or a hindrance in the long run?

I just can't take him seriously he's a clumsy jerk & I feel sorry for those 2 soldiers (I forget their names) 

I really enjoyed it, it surprised me I admit & reminds me of a old ps1 gem called Alundra I have using different characters but I like Duren he's a good damage dealer & decent aerial combos but I prefer Adol & his special attacks 

I had a little trouble when I started still getting used to the combat system but apart from that pretty easy 

I not a graphics snob but when I 1st saw I thought psp games but I'm falling in love with it now & like others said I was there more Voice Acting & anime cutscenes :D

• Like 1

I have a question regarding map completion do the black parts of the map count? To clarify, when i wasll hug I notice the map edges gain a black area, obviously I can't actually walk there, but are those added to map completion.  I really hope not.

I have a question regarding map completion do the black parts of the map count? To clarify, when i wasll hug I notice the map edges gain a black area, obviously I can't actually walk there, but are those added to map completion.  I really hope not.

No those don't count. Towns and dungeons also have a fixed map completion percentage that is added to your percentage the moment you enter them. So technically you don't have to explore them. However, there are chests and harvest points in dungeons.

• Like 1

3 have made it so far, let's say we'll progress when 9 hit the checkpoint. I'm going to play a lot tonight or tomorrow.

I'm playing on Normal.

Though I find this generally a boring way to tell a story, coming into this game knowing nothing I actually think this helped me to be more interested in the game and feel more comfortable getting into the game. So I think it worked well.

Adol seems like your typical hero, Duren on the other hand is just awesome I really like his VA and he's a simple character to find likable immediately. I also like that he's not just a straight up good guy as he makes it clear he reaally just wants more money.

Sandra and Information Seller Rouge

Or Duren :P

I see him more as comic relief who will inevitably help us despite attempting to compete with us, Icertainly didn't get the impression he was bad.

I was using Adol mainly but flicking to Duren a lot to. I  think the combat system is excellent and its a lot more fun then Irealised at first glance it seems to really shine in boss fights and I particularly likethe flash guard and move.

That guy was a pushover, but it worked as a really good tutorial.

Yeah, I think the visuals are nice for a vita game and Ilike the design of the character portraits to.

Hi guys, I’ve also hit the third checkpoint. My stats as they stand are:

Map completion 45.8%

Memories found 38.8 %

Chests found 32.1%

Harvest points 55.5%

While playing, I decided to go to Comodo first and then visit Selray. I’ve had no issues so far - I’ve just been very careful to make sure that I don’t miss out on either Zara’s tickling sessions, or purchasing information from Mouse!

Out of interest, what level is everyone’s characters? At the moment, I have both Duren and Adol at level 21, while Karna is 17 and Ozma is level 18. Would anyone suggest replaying areas we have already explored in order to level up these characters before we start checkpoint four?

Hi guys, I’ve also hit the third checkpoint. My stats as they stand are:

Map completion 45.8%

Memories found 38.8 %

Chests found 32.1%

Harvest points 55.5%

While playing, I decided to go to Comodo first and then visit Selray. I’ve had no issues so far - I’ve just been very careful to make sure that I don’t miss out on either Zara’s tickling sessions, or purchasing information from Mouse!

Out of interest, what level is everyone’s characters? At the moment, I have both Duren and Adol at level 21, while Karna is 17 and Ozma is level 18. Would anyone suggest replaying areas we have already explored in order to level up these characters before we start checkpoint four?

You can farm Boar Exoskeleton from Rangoas in the area where you enter the Jade Cave. You'll need a few to craft accessories and that's the only enemy that drops them. It's a rare drop, so you can equip that Silver Axe you've probably found in Sacred Beasts' Lair.

Edited by Dragon-Archon