We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

What are your map% dudes...?

I haven't reached the checkpoint yet. Don't worry, it's coming.

Apparently we can't see Map % according to someone's post earlier, until after the first checkpoint, thanks for remembering to ask :D

I'll have checkpoint 2 up tonight, but I promised to spend time with my nephew, so I'll be busy. I need to make a checklist of all missables so I can't rush it.

Anyway glad to see everyone is making good progress.

OK i'm going to apologise in advance as there is going to be a crapload of text here to point out all the missables (i'm using various guides and information from Dragon-Archon). Also can people keep in mind I haven't started the game yet as I was kinda busy, if the checkpoint is too short inform me and I'll extend it, I'm just not sure how big an area is if I'm setting a target of clearing one. Pacing should be fine tuned, in a day or two.

Checkpoint 2 - Reach the Forest of Dawn: Stream

Feel free to fully explore this area itself just don't head down the branches from here, and its fair game to search areas before this point. This should leave us at a place that we can compare progress easily. If what I have read is accurate this should be the area that gives a fork leading to Misty Peak (Selray) and Forest Labyrinth (Comodo), which is branching point which have missables both ways). Checkpoint 3 will include getting everything from both areas. If I've made any areas do inform me please. thanks.

This checkpoint likely can be described as this (Credit Dragon-Archon):

All right, I believe the area where the paths branches is the one with the 2 wooden drawbridges and a river. If you go all the way to the right, you'll enter Forest Labyrinth and all the way to the left is Misty Peaks.

Missables:

First up we will be in Casnan City:

• :bronze: Heard It All.- you have to goto the back alley near the inn/bar and give him 100G for information (you'll have to visit him a total of eight times throughout the game and this is detailed in the first post under missables)
  • After completing the Casnia Mine, you can accept a side quest to sell Iron Ore for  :bronze: Touche Salesman. You can fail that and miss the bronze trophy and   :silver: Philantrophist. You need to haggle with the salesman until he offers you 6250G.
  • To Milk a Fabros and Honey Potions are two urgent quests that are missable, there's another quest Bear on the Plains.

Beast Plains:

• Clear missions Bear on the Plains and to Milk a Fabros.

Edited by Superbuu3

Are we planning to go through 2 playthroughs of the game together? Or just one? If just one I'll get moving now and start hitting those checkpoints on Nightmare.

Depends how much people like this. Maybe you can get a response if you ask in the PM if a decent number of us are going for it that makes sense.

What does everyone think? Are you guys heading for the plat?

Tip from JeieeM:

During the quest 'Happy Suprise' you can complee the quest by handing in 3 flower, but if you hand in 4 different flowers you will get a unique item, so you should hand in 4, even though the quest giver does not request it.

Note that you need to hand over 3 of every flower to get all 4 items, these are mandatory for  :silver: All The Things. This side quest becomes available in Selray near the end of the game, so you can search/farm/exchange the Marl, Yupel, Libra, and Celceta flowers by then.

Edit: this quest becomes available after beating the first boss in the Temple of the Sun.

if the checkpoint is too short inform me and I'll extend it, I'm just not sure how big an area is if I'm setting a target of clearing one. Pacing should be fine tuned, in a day or two.

The dungeon areas (for a lack of better word) will become bigger the more you progress through the story.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Hey everyone, just joined the group. Checkpoint 1 completed. Never heard of the game before but I'm liking it. I like games that have combat like kingdom hearts n Zelda. One question does the game have voice acting. (Reading the script for u or do u have to read it) I ask bc I hear characters talking for a while then don't finish their sentences. Is this normal or is my game broken? Have fun!

Chkpoint 2 reached?

Here is the 2nd checkpoint right?

Yes, that's the split off point. 

Checkpoint 2 reached. Map% 28.6

Also, now that everyone has left town and run around gathering materials. You should be able to start feeding animals in all the towns you come to, including Casnan. Always feed them Rank 2 and up, never Rotting or Wilting. 2 will give you friendship and you'll know you got it when you get an item from them. Just something you can start working on now.

I reached the 2nd checkpoint last night. My Map% is 28.3 and I also managed to achieve :bronze:Cunning Strategists

No issues so far, and I think I have completed everything that is potentially missable. That said, I've noted a couple of things which I wondered whether others have also experienced:

1) Firstly, I came across a couple of places which I couldn't access due to there being boulders in the way (particularly in the north-west section of the map). I assume that these boulders can be smashed at some point, but that we just don't have the required skill to do so at the moment. Is this the case, or am I missing something?

post-243-0-09326500-1434288498_thumb.jpg

2) Akin to the first point, I also came across a couple of underwater chests. Again, I assume that we eventually gain the ability to dive at some point, but at the moment we can't? (Sorry, the picture is not great...)

post-243-0-85127900-1434288539_thumb.jpg

3) Lastly, does anyone still have one of their skills bound to :r1: + :circle: ? I noticed that when I did, whenever I tried to perform that skill, I wasn't pressing :r1: at the same time so I would end up just changing characters! For the time being, I've resorted to simply binding each of the three skills to either :cross:, :square: or :triangle:

I reached the 2nd checkpoint last night. My Map% is 28.3 and I also managed to achieve :bronze:Cunning Strategists

No issues so far, and I think I have completed everything that is potentially missable. That said, I've noted a couple of things which I wondered whether others have also experienced:

1) Firstly, I came across a couple of places which I couldn't access due to there being boulders in the way (particularly in the north-west section of the map). I assume that these boulders can be smashed at some point, but that we just don't have the required skill to do so at the moment. Is this the case, or am I missing something?

attachicon.gif2015-06-14-134711.jpg

2) Akin to the first point, I also came across a couple of underwater chests. Again, I assume that we eventually gain the ability to dive at some point, but at the moment we can't? (Sorry, the picture is not great...)

attachicon.gif2015-06-14-135436.jpg

3) Lastly, does anyone still have one of their skills bound to :r1: + :circle: ? I noticed that when I did, whenever I tried to perform that skill, I wasn't pressing :r1: at the same time so I would end up just changing characters! For the time being, I've resorted to simply binding each of the three skills to either :cross:, :square: or :triangle:

1. Yeah, you need to Beast King's Claw artefact to reach those areas. The upper area is where Foria Daros is (optional boss) and he's lvl 59 and the strongest enemy in the game. There's also a chest there. The southern area with the rocks leads to the Nameless Ruin, where you'll find a Sun Stone, Gold Pedestal Replica and some chests and resource points.
  2. You need the Hydra Scales artefact to get the chests that are underwater.
  3. I believe you can control other characters by pressing :circle:.

Yes, that's the split off point. 

Checkpoint 2 reached. Map% 28.6

Also, now that everyone has left town and run around gathering materials. You should be able to start feeding animals in all the towns you come to, including Casnan. Always feed them Rank 2 and up, never Rotting or Wilting. 2 will give you friendship and you'll know you got it when you get an item from them. Just something you can start working on now.

*staaaaaaaaare* did you explore also the area ahead of 2 giant monkeys?

3) Lastly, does anyone still have one of their skills bound to  :r1: +  :circle: ? I noticed that when I did, whenever I tried to perform that skill, I wasn't pressing  :r1: at the same time so I would end up just changing characters! For the time being, I've resorted to simply binding each of the three skills to either  :cross::square: or  :triangle:

I think Draggy covered the first 2...

for 3... yes I do... I think it is just a matter of getting used to it when to press   :r1: +  :circle: and just  :circle:... 

oooh.. forgot to post... my current game stat:

YyQ2A0r.jpg?1

oh.. btw... not sure if anyone got problem (aside from me) in finding Mouse... here is a screenshot of his Location in Casnan:

M0ebiTs.jpg?1

and lastly... lolwut moment:

LHAeIHa.jpg?1

I'll defeat you... soon... panda-emoticon-07.gif?1292863505

That "soon" is probably going to be rather late in-game :P

I know >_< but I am sure the vengeance will be sweet...

*just checked my trophy list... defeated this one while I am at the last dungeon of the game >_<*

oh.. also... I think I noticed something earlier while doing quest... it seems that the easiest quest IMO Honey Potion Quest is [urgent], can we consider it as a missable.. not sure if it is still doable after some point in game...

oh.. lastly... is there a limit on what level we should be in? I think I played with Bozuonga too much and currently at level 15 with 4 skills >_<

Edited by JeieeM

3) Lastly, does anyone still have one of their skills bound to :r1: + :circle:  ? I noticed that when I did, whenever I tried to perform that skill, I wasn't pressing :r1: at the same time so I would end up just changing characters! For the time being, I've resorted to simply binding each of the three skills to either :cross:, :square: or :triangle:

Just hold down :r1: and then press  :circle: .

Checkpoint 2 reached. Map is at 27.8% Memories are at 16%. I think this is important with post this to make sure we don't forget any. Someone mind answering my last question. Is their voice acting in the game? I hear some but then I don't.

Checkpoint 2 reached. Map is at 27.8% Memories are at 16%. I think this is important with post this to make sure we don't forget any. Someone mind answering my last question. Is their voice acting in the game? I hear some but then I don't.

There's only voice acting at certain points, so don't worry about having a broken game copy or anything. It's not the first game to only use voice acting during certain points (for example: Grandia II), and it does create some odd scenes where every other line is voiced (example).

• Like 1

*staaaaaaaaare* did you explore also the area ahead of 2 giant monkeys?

Yeah, and I went inside the first screen of both Misty Peak and Forest Labyrinth because wasn't sure where they started at. I wouldn't even bother about levels. Some people are playing on Easy, like myself, and some are on their 2nd playthrough.

Hmmm, I'm at 27.2% map completion, I'll run quickly through the forest and check what I missed, as thats noticably lower than you guys, I went no further than the fork and I wall hugged there.

I also unlocked a trophy called Now you See Me.

Memories 16.6%, chests  10.7%, harvet 22.0%, Item completion 10%, Material compendium 43.2%, Monster Compendium 12.9% (I killed that big baboon, and attacked some orange thing which I could only do 1 damage to).

Playing on normal, if that matters.

We need 2/3 more to hit the checkpoint, then we'll progress :).

Edited by Superbuu3

Just got to the second checkpoint.

Map = 28.3%

Memories = 16.6%

Chests = 10.7%

Harvest points = 22.3%

Is it worth a trip back to town to trade up items at any point?  By that I mean exchange materials for better ones.

Edited by aerosol_grey

The guy I have to sell iron to says I don't have enough iron. Do I have to start over? It seems I can't check how much I got and I don't know where to find these, and I don't want to risk cancelling the quest just because I went too far to get iron.

You basically need to go back into the mine repeatedly to harvest two harvest points there. Its tedious, but thats how i did it. I was scared to enter the forest in case I missed it.

Hope that helps :)

Hopefully someone can give us insight into what passes time to make a quest fail.

• Like 2