We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

Yeah, and I went inside the first screen of both Misty Peak and Forest Labyrinth because wasn't sure where they started at. I wouldn't even bother about levels. Some people are playing on Easy, like myself, and some are on their 2nd playthrough.

oooh.. figures... I retreated immediately as soon as I saw both of them... >_<

Hopefully someone can give us insight into what passes time to make a quest fail.

IIRC if the quest has no [uRGENT] in it, it is still doable even you are near the end of game...

Cool! Thanks.~

Touch the Item Bag on the screen or Press Start. 3rd option down on the left is your Item Menu. Very right Tab will say ALL on it. Go to that tab and search near the bottom for Metal Materials. Should be the ore to the right of Coal. You'll find plenty of Iron Ore as you explore towards the checkpoint or you can grind it out in the 2 veins inside the mine. Since yo're near the beginning of the game Coal will spawn more frequently from the veins.

The Urgent quests will fail as soon as you press the story on at another town.

Also can anyone tell me what type of item that stupid cat in Casnan wants to eat. I could've sworn I was able to feed it before pushing on the story when I played through the NA copy but I can't remember what cats eat.

Edited by Yadilie

The guy I have to sell iron to says I don't have enough iron. Do I have to start over? It seems I can't check how much I got and I don't know where to find these, and I don't want to risk cancelling the quest just because I went too far to get iron.

You basically need to go back into the mine repeatedly to harvest two harvest points there. Its tedious, but thats how i did it. I was scared to enter the forest in case I missed it.

Hope that helps :)

Hopefully someone can give us insight into what passes time to make a quest fail.

The drop rate for Iron Ore is much higher on the plains where you have to milk the pabros (or whatever it's called). I got 20 of them there and completed the quest.

Thanks for the help guys!

Checkpoint 2 reached!

Progress: 

Adol L18, Duren L18, 46189 G

Map: 28.0%
Memories: 16.6%
Chests: 10.7%
Harvest points: 23.0%
Item: 9.0%
Material: 45.9%
Monster: 13.5%
Maximum gold: 46189 G
Monsters beaten: 1610
Flash guards: 52
Flash moves: 130
Aerial combos: 590
Skill finishes: 511
Excellent kills: 588

Trophies:

In Search of Lost Memories

Mine Raider
Now You See Me
Impenetrable
Cunning Strategist
Swordsman Extraordinaire
When You Got It

Is it worth a trip back to town to trade up items at any point?  By that I mean exchange materials for better ones.

You'll revisit every town to complete side quests after completing a part of the story, so there's no need to go out of your way to travel back. When you have more than 800, exhange them for better items but keep at least 100 (you can carry 999 of every Beast, Mineral, and Plant material). Also check every town for new materials. Some are limited to certain towns.

This is going to be a long one, thanks to Dragon-Archon for helping. Make sure you save often (with multiple files) so that you don't miss anything.

Checkpoint 3: Clear Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beast's Lair

Missables:

Blue = story-related trophies

Green = information from Mouse in Casnan

Orange = tickling session from Zara in Selray

Comodo first:

Missable content unlock after completing Ancient Burrow (beating the 2 bosses there) and returning to Comodo

• Sword Training side quest becomes available. You have to defeat Duren for   :bronze: Better Man and   :silver: Philanthrophist(Note: this is an Urgent quest). There are also 2 Non-urgent quests A Fresh Meal and The Monkey King.
  • Information #2 must be purchased from mouse in Casnan for   :bronze: Heard It All.
  • Unlocks  :bronze: Proof of Life after arriving in Comodo and  :bronze: Homecoming for Some after clearing the Ancient Burrow and returning to Comodo.

Selray first:

• After arriving at Selray and being able to walk freely, go to the inn and talk to Zara (the little girl near the quest board) and let her tickle you (tickling session #1).
  • After arriving at Selray you'll get  :bronze: Proof of Life for reaching a settlement.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, talk to Zara for tickling session #2.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, the side quest Shopkeeper for a Day becomes available (Check opening post for details if you are struggling to get the Extra Large Reward, which is needed for Touche Salesman). This one is needed for   :bronze: Touche, Salesman and  :silver: Philanthrophist.  Note there are two other non-urgent quests Seeking Moisture and Swarm of Black.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, information #2 must be purchased from mouse in Casnan for   :bronze: Heard It All.
  • Completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray unlocks  :bronze: Pure Waters.

Completing both Comodo and Selray & Casnan Revisit:

1. Tickling session #3 becomes available in Selray.
  2. Information #3 must be purchased in Casnan. Important: there's a very small window to get this, it's best to get this while you're alone in Casnan and have to complete 2 side quests to continue the story. After that Karna joins it's too late to get information #3.
  3. After Karna joins the party in Casnan, buy information #4.

Selray Revisit:

1. After Ozma joins the party in Selray, talk to Zara for tickling session #3.
  2. The first Weapon Testing side quest is also available in Selray. You must choose between two types of weapons and choose the other one during NG+ to get all of them for  :silver: All The Things

Edited by Superbuu3

This is going to be a long one, thanks to Dragon-Archon for helping. Make sure you save often (with multiple files) so that you don't miss anything.

Checkpoint 3: Clear Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beast's Lair

Missables:

Blue = story-related trophies

Green = information from Mouse in Casnan

Orange = tickling session from Zara in Selray

Comodo first:

Missable content unlock after completing Ancient Burrow (beating the 2 bosses there) and returning to Comodo

• Sword Training side quest becomes available. You have to defeat Duren for   :bronze: Better Man and   :silver: Philanthrophist.
  • Information #2 must be purchased from mouse in Casnan for   :bronze: Heard It All.
  • Unlocks  :bronze: Proof of Life after arriving in Comodo and  :bronze: Homecoming for Some after clearing the Ancient Burrow and returning to Comodo.

Selray first:

• After arriving at Selray and being able to walk freely, go to the inn and talk to Zara (the little girl near the quest board) and let her tickle you (tickling session #1).
  • After arriving at Selray you'll get  :bronze: Proof of Life for reaching a settlement.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, talk to Zara for tickling session #2.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, the side quest Shopkeeper for a Day becomes available. This one is needed for   :bronze: Touche, Salesman and  :silver: Philanthrophist.
  • After completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray, information #2 must be purchased from mouse in Casnan for   :bronze: Heard It All.
  • Completing Sacred Beast's Lair and returning to Selray unlocks  :bronze: Pure Waters.

Completing both Comodo and Selray & Casnan Revisit:

1. Tickling session #3 becomes available in Selray.
  2. Information #3 must be purchased in Casnan. Important: there's a very small window to get this, it's best to get this while you're alone in Casnan and have to complete 2 side quests to continue the story. After that Karna joins it's too late to get information #3.
  3. After Karna joins the party in Casnan, buy information #4.

Selray Revisit:

1. After Ozma joins the party in Selray, talk to Zara for tickling session #3.
  2. The first Weapon Testing side quest is also available in Selray. You must choose between two types of weapons and choose the other one during NG+ to get all of them for  :silver: All The Things

Note that urgent quests aren't included in this list. I completed them as soon as they became available, so I forgot to write them down when playing the game.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Note that urgent quests aren't included in this list. I completed them as soon as they became available, so I forgot to write them down when playing the game.

I just looked through myself and it appears that the Urgent quests are the trophy related ones, there are 4 other quests available, but those are non-urgent, I just mentioned those to.

So... is there still stuff missing, or can we proceed?

And how do I make sure that I make it to the right place from the stream (the two mazes)?

I'm a bit confused.

Yeah, you can proceed..

Forest labyrinth leads to Comodo and I think thats the right/east path, but you can do it either way just keep in mind all the missables listed.

Forest labyrinth leads to Comodo and I think thats the right/east path, but you can do it either way just keep in mind all the missables listed.

So I should also come across the Ancient Burrow if I go there? And at which moment exactly are we going to the Sacred Beast's Lair? Right after coming to Selray first?

So I should also come across the Ancient Burrow if I go there? And at which moment exactly are we going to the Sacred Beast's Lair? Right after coming to Selray first?

You can go left or right and complete either Selray + Sacred Beast Lair first or Comodo + Ancient Burrow. Depending on which one you complete first, missable things are unlocked. That's why I listed both possible routes in the list.

Hoping the next checkpoint was gonna be posted soon, and off we go again :) , as an asides just downloading Devil May cry, looking forward to that kicking off too

Ok so have had a few* vinos but that forest labyrinth is a right biatch getting out of, I may have used the trial and pissed approach but let me know th logic behind it pls

* few may actually be many

Checkpoint 2 Discussion Points (there wasn't really much to discuss at thi point, we'll have plenty to talk about at the next checkpoint though):

If you've played before, no spoilers if you're answering stuff.

1. Thoughts on the amnesia as a plot device in this game?

2. Thoughts on Adol and Duren? (don't worry if you don't have many this is more to see how our opinions change on them)

3. Favourite Character so far?

4. Thoughts on General Leo? Do you think he'll prove to be an ally or a hindrance in the long run?

5. Thoughts on the combat system? Who have you been using most?

6. How did you find the first boss fight in the mines?

7. Do you like the art style/graphics?

Hoping the next checkpoint was gonna be posted soon, and off we go again :) , as an asides just downloading Devil May cry, looking forward to that kicking off too
Ok so have had a few* vinos but that forest labyrinth is a right biatch getting out of, I may have used the trial and pissed approach but let me know th logic behind it pls

* few may actually be many

:facepalm:  i knew I was forgetting something, I need to prep stuff and have something written up for tomorrow if we're starting Friday.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

• I really liked it. Who doesn't like mysterious MC?

2. Thoughts on Adol and Duren? (don't worry if you don't have many this is more to see how our opinions change on them)

• at this point in this game... Adol looks very kewl... like Kirito-kewl without the harem party and Duren seems like the usual loyal Sidekick.

• Leo and his sidekicks...

4. Thoughts on General Leo? Do you think he'll prove to be an ally or a hindrance in the long run?

• Kinda think him and his sidekicks will be the comic relief in this game... definitely an ally for me IMO.

• I enjoyed and loved YS Seven combat system therefore I am really glad this game has the same battle system... seriously... who has not be amazed on that slow mo effect while doing Flash Moves?

• At first I actually thought that it is going to be tough, seriously, dealing 1 digit damage... but definitely a good start that serves as test for tutorials... looking forward to more boss battles  

• Like? Nope... I love it... 

Not something new to the Ys series. He's never had it this badly before but it's not off putting at all.

I like characters who are ever eager for adventure and willing to put themselves in harms way for strangers. Adol has always been one of my favorite characters. Also Duren is a second rate Dogi. =/

Adol

Seems like a comic relief character so far.

While I do miss jumping I've really taken a keen liking to the expanded system of Ys Ark of Naphishtim by adding in 3 characters to signify the 3 types of attacks. I do find it a little annoying they took Adol's ability to wield all 3 weapon styles away from Seven.

Easy introductory boss, let's you learn the Flash Guard/Move system pretty easily.

The transition from SD character models to regular sized in Seven was a nice change. Seeing the models in better quality is even nicer in Celceta. I'm excited to see how Ys PS4 looks at this rate. =)

I think I saw that before...

2. Thoughts on Adol and Duren?

Adol: I don't understand why he's still a silent protagonist, since they're building an actual character with him.

Duren: Where's Dogi?

...Where's Dogi?

The kind of goofy rival you see in those stories. I have a feeling he'll stop being an ass near the end of the game and do something useful. I could be wrong, though.

It's quite a departure from the Ys games I know. I have been using both characters pretty much equally.

I play on Easy for my first playthrough. I don't think I can really judge him because of that.

I like Ys Eternal's and Origin/Felghana's style better. It's getting very animey and less old school Ys. But in the end there's nothing wrong with that.

Checkpoint 2 Discussion Points (there wasn't really much to discuss at thi point, we'll have plenty to talk about at the next checkpoint though):

If you've played before, no spoilers if you're answering stuff.

Even though I'm not participating, here's my opinion (mind you it's limited to checkpoint #2 and doesn't necessarily reflect my current opinion).

1. I really like the amnesia plot, it adds some mystery and speculation. It was the first Ys game I've played and I didn't know it was a remake from Ys 4 until I searched for a sequel.
  2. Because you're still at checkpoint #2, I'll just keep it at: Adol is cool and Duren isn't.
  3. The drunken Pikkard in Casnan, for now.
  4. Really like the combat system and it somehow reminds me of Golden Sun, even though the combat in that game is turn-based and in 2D. At that point I played as Adol a lot. He's an agile fighter and attacks quickly and also because 85% of the enemies have a weakness against Slash attacks (which Adol does) and Duren deals Strike attacks.
  5. Ah Leo, providing comic relief even in the most dangerous areas. Gotta like him for that.
  6. My first reaction was: Wow that thing is huge.
  7. Artstyle is amazing, though I wouldn't mind voiced characters and anime cutscenes.
Edited by Dragon-Archon

The 3rd checkpoint is right after exploring Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beast Lair right? I have just returned to Casnan after doing both so I guess Checkpoint Reached ^_^

Progress report - might spoiled minor story progress

-Map progress: 45.7%

-Info bought from Mouse: 3

3rd one being the time sensitive, bought it just right after Duren left my party and before completing 2 new urgent quest in Casnan

-Zara tickle - 2 so far

IIRC third one is available after Ozma and Karna rejoins party

***Reminder regarding Touche salesman - you must get the Extra Large Recommended Goods Set as reward for Shopkeeper for a Day Quest(I actually skipped what Ray said about discounts and had to reload cause I didn't got Extra Large on my first attempt earlier)

Edited by JeieeM