So what do you think of the game so far?

I would like to get some feedback on what people think of the game so far.

I really like playing a healer in MMOs, is there need for such a class in this game? Can you play as just a pure healer or is everything hybrid?

What do you think of the quests?

What do you think of the grouping? Is there solo content or is it heavy group content?

General thoughts about the game and investment time?

Thank you.

It took me a while to get used to but I'm loving it now

Don't expect it to be like any other MMORPG

The quests are all quite lengthy and generally have a story behind them, it's generally side quests, each village and location has a set of quests related to an over-arching story for that area

Graphics aren't bad at all, not on the level of FF XIV, but they're still great, and the art style is beautiful. Combat requires a lot of planning, utilising of dodging, stun-locks on enemies and so on, there's a lot of depth here for both an ES game and an MMO

Healer wise, you have to spec a certain way or you're not going to manage, healing requires good mana upkeep and you to watch your team at all times

If you don't, there's a chance they'll suddenly die, dungeons are no joke, they're difficult, require co-operation a grasp of the games mechanics. Many so far haven't grasped dodging so prepare to see your team wipe a lot

The levelling system, the trophies etc. are all great, levelling system feels great and the trophies will take forever. I'm currently at Level 20, levelling feels slow at first because it's not as rapid as other MMO's due to the general length of quests, but its quick enough

Mounts aren't necessary and I prefer to run round the world to collect crafting nodes and so on for Clothcrafting

There's tonnes to do, group dungeons, public dungeons, trials, raids, Solo content, the main quest, professions, the extensive PvP which I had a lot of fun playing, which you should too so long as you never hope to get the Emperor trophy

Overall it's a great game, so much better than I expected, takes some time to get used to it's mechanics, its world, its quests, dungeons etc. because they're massively different from any other MMORPG, though this is a huge benefit

Also Dumbledore voices one of the main characters, which is an instant win. Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

I have played UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW and GW. EQ hands down was my favorite MMO series untill they started dumbing it down. I was just curious what people thought of the game, I might hold out till EQNext. Thanks for any and all information, still tempting...

Feel free to add me for someone to play with

Slash-N-Dasher94

Eu Server

Aldmeri Dominion, Level 21

It's hard to find groups to do the dungeons with :L

Also Dumbledore did die, but his voice e actor Michael Gambon voices one of the bigger characters in the game, as does Basil Fawlty (Jon Cleese) and Kate Beckinsale (Underworld, Total Recall)

Feel free to add me for someone to play with

Slash-N-Dasher94

Eu Server

Aldmeri Dominion, Level 21

It's hard to find groups to do the dungeons with :L

Also Dumbledore did die, but his voice e actor Michael Gambon voices one of the bigger characters in the game, as does Basil Fawlty (Jon Cleese) and Kate Beckinsale (Underworld, Total Recall)

I'm NA server or I would. But I'm only level 8.

I'm liking it so far except for having to pay gold to fast travel to a wayshrine and not the location itself. And the fact that I was supposed to collect 3 runes to certify and I needed to destroy something and someone came along and took the 3rd one while I was crouching right next to it....I know it'll respawn but still...I think for beginner quests, that sort of thing (and maybe others later on even) should be in my world rather "global". But I don't go big for mmo's though ff14 had that even if I did only trial.

I'm thinking on buying this tonight, However, with bad experiences on FF14 I do hope this is different. I played a tank and was basically treated like crap to the point that I'm fighting bosses by myself, no-one healing, next to no support and then the healer dying and blaming me. This was almost every game, I was good enough to win the boss fights without support so therefore it's my fault? I might sound like a baby but considering I was playing with infants it seems fitting.

I'm thinking on buying this tonight, However, with bad experiences on FF14 I do hope this is different. I played a tank and was basically treated like crap to the point that I'm fighting bosses by myself, no-one healing, next to no support and then the healer dying and blaming me. This was almost every game, I was good enough to win the boss fights without support so therefore it's my fault? I might sound like a baby but considering I was playing with infants it seems fitting.

This happens in every MMO style game, its not FF14 fault or ESO, you'll experience this no matter what. That's what happens when you play with randoms, its always best to find some friends or a guild.

If you are a solo player, you'll still have fun but don't blame the game because you would rather choose to solo or team up with randoms.

This happens in every MMO style game, its not FF14 fault or ESO, you'll experience this no matter what. That's what happens when you play with randoms, its always best to find some friends or a guild.

If you are a solo player, you'll still have fun but don't blame the game because you would rather choose to solo or team up with randoms.

It's people, not the game, I realize this ;)

So I bought ESO, it's still early for the console release so the trolling is minimal. And this seems to be quite different to FF14 in the case that everyone seems multi talented, I haven't needed a healer yet, this has been allot more fun so far.

Honestly the game is hit and miss and it misses far too much

When you can get into it, it can be fun

But the group finder for dungeons etc. is absolutely atrocious

The lag in major cities is atrocious

The constant error codes, being kicked from the game, queues, freezing etc. is unacceptable more than a few days after launch

It's been two weeks this stuff shouldn't be an issue still

Even worse is that at times the entire game hard crashes your system, resets the whole bloody thing

That isn't even healthy for the console; ZoS won't do anything though, they have their heads up their asses believing they made a masterpiece

FF XIV may have been a mess at launch, but I experienced no lag, ever. It never hard crashed my console. The issue with that was queues to get in and that was basically it

This has that problem and so many others

The worst is when the whole game locks up, and you KNOW you're going to get booted to the menu or its going to hard-crash but there's no option to force it to shut-down within game etc. to ensure you don't corrupt data

Yes, the content of the game is good, and there's a hefty amount of it

But the amount of lag, server issues, freezing, hard crashes, quests glitches, world glitches, glitches in general and just the sheer stupidity of ZoS drags this down into 'Worst MMORPG I've played to date' territory, which isn't a good place to be in

They need to get their arses into fucking gear and fix all the shit I've listed by Tuesday, because once we hit Tuesday if these glitches and issues still persist the game is going to die so quickly, and they're not going to be able to stop it, if two weeks after launch it's still as unstable as it was at launch, more so even, then people will just get rid

I know that if it doesn't get better by Tuesday I plan on trading it in and cutting my losses, putting the money towards Until Dawn

I wouldn't mind the constant issues if they'd made any sort of improvement, but they haven't. I was playing the game fine at launch, a little lag here and there but no other issues. Now everything is consistently fucking up. This is the first MMO i've played where rather than improving stability and the game over time, it gets worse and worse :L
Bethesda should never allow their subsidaries to make another MMO, because this is atrocious, and even if they do improve it, I'm going to be going through legal methods to get a refund, while keeping the game because they've delivered on none of their promises and it's downright atrocious

Some stuff I dislike/don't agree with

-The guilds are pointless (if compared to WoW guild achievements etc. there's really no reason to join one except to fix the dungeon search problems (since u can't ever find anyone, especially if you and a friend are both dps)

-The dungeon I did make it into just wasn't as fun as  past MMOs i've played... 

-Voice chat was too loud on default ( you can turn this down which I didn't realize till today), people need to learn respect and quit thinking they are Mariah Carey over the mic.. it's a game not a concert lol

Stuff I do like

- The actual Solo story missions don't take too long therefore most quest can be done with a friend (co/op).

- The environments look awesome to me, especially Grahtwood's area. (I haven't made it very far yet so to be this early and to be impressed makes me VERY happy)

I've been playing on my PC (the Imperial Edition), and I only played for a few days before launch. What I did play was enjoyable, not great, but definitely enjoyable. Some of the quests were bugged, but I think they have fixed it by now. I hear this game is hit or miss, but from my experience it's not as bad as everyone says it is.  

I would like to get some feedback on what people think of the game so far.

I really like playing a healer in MMOs, is there need for such a class in this game? Can you play as just a pure healer or is everything hybrid?

What do you think of the quests?

What do you think of the grouping? Is there solo content or is it heavy group content?

General thoughts about the game and investment time?

Thank you.

Compared to PC, it doesn't seem as stressful to keep people up in dungeons. Then again I've spent more time playing as DPS while my partner tanks. 

I love the quests. I finished up all of the DC quests and now I'm working my way through AD quests. I like DC better as a faction, though AD has some beautiful questing zones with interesting stories. I completed the first zone of Ebonheart on an alt - not sure how I feel about it? 

Grouping can go either way. Delves are easy to do on your own, some outdoor bosses can be soloed while others may require a group (depends on your skill and fight mechanics), and public dungeons can go either way. My partner and I two-manned all of the public dungeons, though they probably could be soloed with the right build/gear. 

There's a hefty time investment for the game, at least if you want to do everything: skyshards, public dungeons, delves, group dungeons, quests, etc. The way I look at it right now there's always something to look forward to, besides fishing up all those rare fish... that's gonna have to wait. 

Edited by DaBooBunny

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite bored of this now, fetch this, break this etc etc. I like it though I'll probably not finish the solo.

yeah ive not been on it as much since ive reached vet rank. i started ebonheart pact a week ago and only halfway through stonefalls. hopefully a weeks holiday will take care of the boredom problem. it does get pretty repetitive after a while