We Play Devil May Cry HD

I'll be doing Hard mode soon, just need a few orbs for some upgrades. By the way, any tips for the bosses (ESPECIALLY for Mundus) in that mode?

I bought a purple orb at the start of mission 22, so i had full DT, launched a dragon at the start. Keep in mind the more runes you have the more damage it does i.e. 5 orbs does double damage of 3 orbs. Also use your triangle attack (vortex) when he charges you it will take off like 1/4 to 1/2 health dependin g on how good you nail him. In the second phase I took the hit and just died, because screw doing that with low health. Spam shoot like crazy and dodge around its not too difficult when he's got low health and if you got only half oa a life bar left use an untouchable and spam attack him to death. Using that method you'll only lose one life in theory.

Hey everyone, just started my Hard mode playthrough and so far I'm boiling! (In a good way)

It's really great getting back into this after DMC2, everything feels at home and so far I bested Phantom, Neo Angelo, and soon Phantom for the last time.

By the way, is it OK if I end up taking a break from hard mode a bit? In prep. for Resident Evil Revelations 2, I'm planing on beating Code Veronica X and Revelations 1 to better understand the story.

• Like 1

Hey NullRay good for you, glad to hear your run is going smooth

So I just finished my normal playthrough on this game and this is what I learnt.

1. We play totally helps me finish a game I would have quit ages ago cause I suck at it ( so thanks heaps)

2. I am a graphics whore ( please let me go back to my ps4 )

3. My platforming ability is really bad, especially combined with stupid camera angles and 3/4 of a bottle of red wine

4. Reality that I really need to improve my gaming ability before I tackle bloodbourne which has been sitting on ps4 hardrive for 2 months now

5. I'm going to take my 1 point a run because I think I'm down with this game, but on the plus side I promised myself if I could finish this I would sign up for bio shock infinite we play which have already played and really enjoy

So I'm gonna take tomorrow off from this and will be back Friday to catch up on DMC 2 ...... May the torture contune

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

Hey NullRay good for you, glad to hear your run is going smooth

So I just finished my normal playthrough on this game and this is what I learnt.

1. We play totally helps me finish a game I would have quit ages ago cause I suck at it ( so thanks heaps)

2. I am a graphics whore ( please let me go back to my ps4 )

3. My platforming ability is really bad, especially combined with stupid camera angles and 3/4 of a bottle of red wine

4. Reality that I really need to improve my gaming ability before I tackle bloodbourne which has been sitting on ps4 hardrive for 2 months now

5. I'm going to take my 1 point a run because I think I'm down with this game, but on the plus side I promised myself if I could finish this I would sign up for bio shock infinite we play which have already played and really enjoy

So I'm gonna take tomorrow off from this and will be back Friday to catch up on DMC 2 ...... May the torture contune

1. Same here, I tend to get lazy most of the time  :P (It's been two years and I still haven't finished Okami)

2. lol, I can understand your situation. :lol:  But c'mon it's still good looking ... I mean look at DMC2, that one didn't age gracefully.

3. Same here, that platforming section you had to do in order to get Ifrit was damn annoying. 

4. Yeah I feel you, I want to play Bloodborne too but I'm not sure if my gaming skills are suitable enough.

5. I'll be doing my best as well but I may stop for a while to catch up and prepare for other We Play fourms.

Yeah, don't push yourself too hard. It's good to take a break every once in a while. I'll be doing DMC2 too, I think Lucia's chapter was the worst aspect of the story but hopefully Dante's chapter will be better.

Until then, I wish you all the best!  :wave:

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! I know I got super behind on this, but I want to get through at least one playthrough before going to dmc2... But apparently blue orbs (you know, those things there are not a trophy for and so I just left them behind) are important so I'm just starting over (also since I cannot remember anything that was happening)

I do have a question, through. Does anyone know how to do the High Time action while on configuration 2? The game doesn't switch the instructions with the configurations and I've tried both square and circle with no luck, but I could just be doing it wrong

Hello everyone! I know I got super behind on this, but I want to get through at least one playthrough before going to dmc2... But apparently blue orbs (you know, those things there are not a trophy for and so I just left them behind) are important so I'm just starting over (also since I cannot remember anything that was happening)

I do have a question, through. Does anyone know how to do the High Time action while on configuration 2? The game doesn't switch the instructions with the configurations and I've tried both square and circle with no luck, but I could just be doing it wrong

I loaded up the game and changed config just for you, despite not using it ever :P. Hold down R1, then hold down backwards, then hold down square or circle and you will now uppercut the enemy and follow them into the air.

• Like 1

I loaded up the game and changed config just for you, despite not using it ever :P. Hold down R1, then hold down backwards, then hold down square or circle and you will now uppercut the enemy and follow them into the air.

Thanks, I must've just not been pressing them correctly then :hmm: It's strange that the instructions doesn't change with the configuration

• 2 months later...