Post your latest mobile game you are addicted to here.

IgnisUnite

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So as I've been spending about an hour on the subway commuting to work and back each day, I decided to extract some entertainment value out of my new phone and installed some mobile games. That's when the stupidest idea visited my poor brain - trying out all popular (and not so much) degen games until I like one of them enough to stick with it. Or play a little bit, and delete everything right after. All the stuff I could find/remember and had access to:

dId7sh8.jpg

The plan failed immediately, as I also installed Bejeweled Classic and played it the whole week instead. Now I've earned most badges in it (basically in-game achievements), and the previous idea resurfaced. I installed Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 first. Played it for a couple of days, barely progressed in it, but so far, so good.

voICk2m.jpg

Even as a person familiar with one SMT game - Persona 3 - I felt at home from the start. This game retains the core gameplay features of the SMT series like turn-based combat and demon fusion. Of course, it's similar to all other mobile gacha games with their character pulls and multiple currencies. The difference is that you're summoning demons instead of waifus. 

XriCTM5.jpg PqD3Zc0.jpg 9Ebi5Zf.jpg 

There are human characters to talk to, so far consisting of a bunch of weirdos ?. 

J0RcxLc.jpg xHyXm9r.jpg Hb0AGSe.jpg to5NFEe.jpg

It came out in 2018, so it's been a while. But I don't think many people here played it, or even know about it. If you have, how was it? In terms of other games, if you have any suggestions on what to try out, if it's on the screenshot or not, feel free to share as well.

Edited by Slava
the current imgur forum issues make it impossible to resize the image before sending the post
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Slava said:

So as I've been spending about an hour on the subway commuting to work and back each day, I decided to extract some entertainment value out of my new phone and installed some mobile games. That's when the stupidest idea visited my poor brain - trying out all popular (and not so much) degen games until I like one of them enough to stick with it. Or play a little bit, and delete everything right after. All the stuff I could find/remember and had access to:

dId7sh8.jpg

Yo, that's a whole lot of degeneracy cultured content you have there on your phone.

Do give them a try whenever you have a chance. I am sure at least one is bound to stick out with you. As a word of advice, don't try to play all of them gachas at the same time; otherwise, you risk experiencing gacha burnout/exhaustion very, very early on. You can try each one of them at a time and see which one suits you better.

I have only played Arknights and Genshin Impact from the ones you have there, but I reckon the other games are excellent waifu time-sinkers as well. xxD

• Like 2

On 01.07.2023 at 7:39 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Yo, that's a whole lot of degeneracy

TBH, I wish I had a handheld platform. Vita, psp, ds, 3ds, any of these. I'd prefer Monster Hunter or New Super Mario or something else over gacha. I guess I could try emulators and at least play gameboy games on the subway rides or breaks at work. I'm still figuring out what I want to fill this time with.

don't try to play all of them gachas at the same time

Even if I wanted, I wouldn't have time to do so, so I'm safe for now ?. 

Sticking with SMT for now. It's been fun so far.

Arknights

How's Arknights BTW? I've followed one of the character artist for the game, but I don't know much about the gameplay itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Sz8yhjT.jpg

I start this game, and a week later they do an Eva collab. Nice timing ?.

As an update, I ended up sticking with SMT and haven't touched other games. It's fun, has a lot of stuff to do, different modes, one of which is a first-person dungeon crawler with maze-like floors. The social aspects the game has are not annoying. It feels a bit overloaded with RPG mechanics, by which I mean a hundred different ways to upgrade and customise demons and a thousand currencies/materials. Other than that, haven't had any issues with it.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 0:06 PM, Slava said:

How's Arknights BTW? I've followed one of the character artist for the game, but I don't know much about the gameplay itself.

Whoops, sorry for the late answer here. I've been kind of busy and away from PSNP lately.

As for Arknights, it's a tower-defense game. Back when I played it, as with many gachas, it had plenty of automated options to help you lessen the grind and stuff. For a tower-defense game, it was fun to play. It worked great with its varied roster of characters since all of them had different attack powers and skills that came in useful to hold the enemies back. It was also simple to play, but fun and engaging on its own. Its story totally put me to sleep, though. I mostly played it because of the wide variety of kemonomimi waifus in it. xxD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I keep trying mobile games, but none have really clicked or at least not clicked for long. The only ones that stuck around is Pokemon GO and the odd reinstall of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Did Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, Brave Exvius & Opera Omnia for a while, but only Record Keeper I kept (casually) playing up till shut down. Mobius I liked, but had to play on PC cause it was a huge app, and All the Bravest was short but fun. Will be trying Arclight Rumble next month.

While I don't dislike gacha games, none have really stuck in my mind. I'm willing to be persuaded on this.

Edited by Jelly Soup

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 8:03 AM, Slava said:

dId7sh8.jpg

How do you have space for all the hoyo games??!! I barely got space to update HSR and I'm going crazy.

6 hours ago, digisoulwings said:

How do you have space for all the hoyo games??!! I barely got space to update HSR and I'm going crazy.

I don't know. Probably because I only installed the base game from the store and never touched them again, didn't download any data and updates. I got 128 GB of memory on the phone, which I think is pretty average. So it must be the reason above.

I should probably delete some of them 🤔. I've only been playing SMT.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was a 1 year period in 2022-2023 where I was hooked on both Survivor.io and Age of Z

Survivor.io is kind of a top down bullet hell the gets pretty challenging, but the gameplay loop is pretty basic. Play levels, upgrade gear/weapons, play higher levels, get better gear, etc. Watch ads to get rewards. There were over 100 main missions when I quit and my goal was to complete them all but I eventually lost interest. Plenty of microtransactions but I never spent a penny and was still able to get fairly powerful. I believe everything in the game can be gotten for free, it just takes substantially longer. But at least it's not a PvP game so you're not really getting a big competitive advantage (except for some leaderboard rewards). I logged in for 365 consecutive days and eventually asked myself why I'm still doing it. It's a fun game that can be played for free but I got too hooked on it and was playing it at work (and yet I'm typing this from work 😂). 

Age of Z was worse... the game was fun but its a RTS so it's always online. And it's VERY PvP focused... so if you aren't in a very powerful alliance you need to be checking it regularly or risk your city being burned to the ground and losing literally months of progress. I was lucky enough to get into the most powerful alliance well before it became the most powerful alliance, and since I was participating in all the group events and donating my share, they never threatened to get rid of me, yet I was definitely not one of the strongest players because all the strongest players were spending money every week to get stronger, but I refused to pay a penny. It was stressful having to check the game first thing when I wake up and every ~hour throughout the day. There are also whales playing this game spending 10s of thousands of dollars, so its impossible to compete as a F2P player. The rewards you get through microtransactions are 10x more powerful than anything you'd get for free. It's a shame because the game is kinda fun, there's a sense of comradery with your alliance members, and it requires a lot of strategy (duh) to be successful at the game. The pay to win structure of the game is what ruined it. Would not recommend anyone start playing it, purely for that reason.