1TB PS4 coming to EU July 15th

Superbuu3

UPDATE: The 1TB PS4 will be the original PS4 and not the updated PS4 from japan, which is mentioned in the other thread (Source: here)

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/22/new-1tb-ps4-ultimate-player-edition-launches-next-month/

Hi everyone. Today, we’re happy to announce that the 1TB PS4 Ultimate Player Edition launches in select Europe and PAL territories from 15th July.

Offering twice the storage of the existing PS4, you’ll be able to download more of the games you love to your PS4, extend your play with more great add-on content and save and share even more of your best gaming highlights.

For pricing information, check with your local retailer.

Edited by Superbuu3

FFS! Just bought my PS4! Would of waited to get this but as there was no announcement of it at e3 I thought it might not be coming out for a while. Now I have to replace the HDD myself sigh* effort  :P

Edited by JoshC17

rather than upgrading, would it not be cheaper to just buy a 1tb hard drive?

You could already upgrade your PS4 HDD since console release:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

much cheaper to do yourself imo.

It's more like announcement for people who don't have PS4.

You can read it like "Hey! It finally has bigger HDD, buy now!"

I'm not going to buy another PS4, but I will most likely upgrade the HDD on my current one. Is it hard to change it? Like copying saves and my profile over etc? Thinking of getting a 2TB one.

You can back up everything into an external HDD/USB, and to physically change the HDD is extremely similar to the ps3 if you have ever done it.

• Like 1