38 Studios and Big Huge Games shutting down...

Piggie_Pie

I heard this news last night and i thought i would share... its sad...

http://www.gamezone.com/products/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning--2/news/38-studios-and-big-huge-games-shutting-down

Kingdom of Amalure: Reckoning has been my favorite game this year so far (Tales of Graces to be a very close second).

Everything that i saw in Reckoning made me feel like they could have made sequels but unless someone buys the rights to the title, we won't be seeing anymore from the land of Amalure...

Be sure to grab the DLC as soon as you can because it might now be on the store for very much longer (think about what happened to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2... the same thing could happen here).

R.I.P. 38 Studios/Big Huge Games

:(

That is sad. I really liked Amalur. I was considering even getting the DLC before (that is something I very rarely do), but now I think I likely will.

Thanks for the heads up that they are closing and that the DLC will likely be taken off the store.

It's sad to hear of a game company closing down. I bought Kingdom of Amular when it got released played it for a few hours and never have not touched it since. Got distracted by other games and it didn't grab my attention enough for me to invest enough time into it, i should probably buy the dlc for when i decide to get back into it.

I see no reason why the DLC would be taken down. Sure, the IP passes into the State of Rhode Island's hands, but they're out a few dozen million dollars, I think they'd leave the DLC alone in the hope of making a little of that back.

• Like 1

That's too bad. I bought Amalur at launch but could not get into it as the general feel of it wasn't like a solid RPG (e.g. Skyrim, Diablo, etc.). Maybe it would have fared better if it wasn't so cartoon-y. Hope the workers can find other jobs quickly.

This is quite sad. I never played Amalur, nor do I think I will, however I followed 38 Studios as it was Curt Schilling's game studio. I as a Red Sox fan, wished Curt and his ventures the best. This is really quite sad (even though I already said it ;) ).

I just bought this game and I'm 20 hours in and I love it.

I do have some issues with the game (mainly pickpocketing because Skyrim/Fallout etc; do it so brilliantly) but besides little things like that I'm happy. I will have to do some downloading of the DLC soon then. :o

Bought KoA awhile back...played for few days and put it on the shelf. Just now started some dedicated gaming with but I have to it is pretty stale. In a market in innovative RPGs like Dark Souls and RPGs with established publishers like Bethesda. Maybe bad timing by the company...

• 2 weeks later...