Rumour: Ubisoft bringing Assassin’s Creed 3 to Vita

Assassin's Creed 3 could arrive on PlayStation Vita according to an Italian forum poster claiming to be a Ubisoft developer.

The thread also alleges numerous details about Nintendo and Ubisoft's plans for Wii U, but also mentions that Assassin's Creed 3 will be "playable" on the PS Vita.

An Assassin's Creed game was confirmed for PS Vita ahead of the handheld's launch, with Ubisoft confirming it would be based on a new story and characters - that was back at the end of last year though, way before Assassin's Creed 3 was formally announced.

If there's anything to the claim, it could mean Ubisoft is working on a PS Vita-specific version of Assassin's Creed 3 - unless the claim refers to compatability with the Vita's MIA Remote Play feature.

Ubisoft is making sure Assassin’s Creed III gets into as many hands as possible, because we’ve just found out that not only will said game be coming to home consoles including Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U, but according to online retailer Zavvi, the title will also make its way onto Sony’s new portable machine, PS Vita.

The listing also shows a release date for the game as October 31st, one day after its release on Console.

Ubisoft has prepared a major AC3 demo to be shown at this year’s E3 just over one week away, and they’ve sent live a video documenting the pressures to prepare content for gaming’s biggest event.

The game hasn't been confirmed by Ubisoft yet, but this does look pretty damn convincing, especially with E3 arriving in little over a week.

Here is a link to the pre-order website. http://www.zavvi.com/10614619.html

Hope that ain't true, because AC3 are gonna be on my PS3 and ain't gonna buy another version for Vita, even if I can double dip

I expect the Vita version will be different though. I can't really see the new game engine running on the Vita as I doubt the machine would be powerful enough to run it properly. The game might have a different storyline too, focusing on other events that occur in the console version, like a lot of portable games do.

That's what I think anyway, we'll just have to wait until E3 to see what happens.

Looks good, I may dip back into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I loved AC 2, but to be honest I said screw AC: B and AC: R after the f'ed up mp trophies. Besides, I have plenty of fantastic and enjoyable games that I am trying to get the plat for!!! (Jak and Daxter Collection, Killzone 3 MP, Resistance 2 etc.) Either way, as long as they are not too ridiculous this looks like a great addition to my future Vita game collection!!! :D

Looks good, I may dip back into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I loved AC 2, but to be honest I said screw AC: B and AC: R after the f'ed up mp trophies. Besides, I have plenty of fantastic and enjoyable games that I am trying to get the plat for!!! (Jak and Daxter Collection, Killzone 3 MP, Resistance 2 etc.) Either way, as long as they are not too ridiculous this looks like a great addition to my future Vita game collection!!! :D

Trophies are meaningless and shouldn't have an impact on how much fun you have playing a game.

Trophies are meaningless and shouldn't have an impact on how much fun you have playing a game.

As always, I was expecting someone to write exactly what you wrote. About 75% of the games I play are for trophies. However 90% of the games I play for trophies I enjoy completely. Take for instance the Jak and Daxter Collection or the Sly Collection. The 3 for 1 platinum is what pulled me in, and I have flat out loved the games. I would really like it if everyone could quit telling me the same cliches about trophies. I game the way I want, and I predominantly enjoy my time while playing the games and collecting the trophies.

As always, I was expecting someone to write exactly what you wrote. About 75% of the games I play are for trophies. However 90% of the games I play for trophies I enjoy completely. Take for instance the Jak and Daxter Collection or the Sly Collection. The 3 for 1 platinum is what pulled me in, and I have flat out loved the games. I would really like it if everyone could quit telling me the same cliches about trophies. I game the way I want, and I predominantly enjoy my time while playing the games and collecting the trophies.

the AC: R MP trophies only take a couple hours to complete. Unlike the AC Brotherhood MP trophies which will require boosting (which I know you do not do) they are both great games tho. And the story from them might be needed to understand what has transpired since AC2. Might wanna play Brotherhood on a dummy account if you don't want another non plat game on the list. If you plan on jumping back in the series (for the story not the trophies)

the AC: R MP trophies only take a couple hours to complete. Unlike the AC Brotherhood MP trophies which will require boosting (which I know you do not do) they are both great games tho. And the story from them might be needed to understand what has transpired since AC2. Might wanna play Brotherhood on a dummy account if you don't want another non plat game on the list. If you plan on jumping back in the series (for the story not the trophies)

Oh really? In that case does the "few hour" estimate include DLC trophies or not? I am the kind of person that likes to get all trophies possible in a game if I plat it. :D

Oh really? In that case does the "few hour" estimate include DLC trophies or not? I am the kind of person that likes to get all trophies possible in a game if I plat it. :D

The DLC trophies look simple, but you'll probably have to boost a few of em.

Some of the Revelations DLC trophies would be quite difficult without boosting. The tasks for the trophies need to be achieved on specific maps, but before the session starts you are only given a choice of three, and the chances of the maps you need as an option are low. Even then there is no guarantee that the other players will pick the right map, or that you will complete the task first time. You would be waiting a very long time.

That and my feeling that the DLC was overpriced. There are three DLC packs to buy if you want the 100%, you would be better off buying another game.

Some of the Revelations DLC trophies would be quite difficult without boosting. The tasks for the trophies need to be achieved on specific maps, but before the session starts you are only given a choice of three, and the chances of the maps you need as an option are low. Even then there is no guarantee that the other players will pick the right map, or that you will complete the task first time. You would be waiting a very long time.

That and my feeling that the DLC was overpriced. There are three DLC packs to buy if you want the 100%, you would be better off buying another game.

I thought they were gonna be on sale with the rest of the ubisoft stuff, but I guess not. Gonna have to resort to sharing them.

Anyway, as for Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. It looks awesome and I'm tempted to pick up that white vita bundle with it.

I think I will just stick with Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation then. :D It makes sense anyway as I have played a bit AC I, got the play on AC II, and then AC III, thus I have just omitted the "expansion packs" lol. I think that is the best route for me to take. Thanks for the heads up as well!