BEWARE ! Game Breaking Glitch

Since this game is coming out in plus in few days, I just wanted to inform you all of a glitch which can make you restart your whole progress if going for trophies ( it made me restart ).

Glitch can happen when you go to replay missions when you have to do Conflagration. Don't know what exactly causes the glitch, because some do get it some don't. In my case it was like this. When I completed a mission, I decided to get all insignias and do all secondary objectives in 2 playthroughs. So when I completed mission '' The architect '' (mission 5), I had to do then mission '' Conflagration ''. But since I do all stuff before moving on, I did ''The architect'' again. And when I returned, I couldn't progress through the story, because I had to talk to an elf, there wasn't a trigger on him ( like usually when I can do an ''action'' then they show me what to click, this time they didn't, so I was unable to talk to him and proceed through the story). 

So now I had to replay the WHOLE game from scratch, the funny (and sad) thing is, that on mission ''The architect'' I had a separate save file, but I deleted it  :facepalm:   

I contacted the devs and this is the reply that I got from them is 

Guillaume Blanchard <[email protected]>
29 Jun (4 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi Saimis,
Patching game on console is a complicated and expensive process.
It why, unfortunatly, we have no plan to publish the patch on console.
Don't you have a save before the place you encounter the problem?
Really sorry for the annoyance.

Guillaume / Aoineko
Cyanide Studio
cleardot.gif

I made a short video glitch happening as a proof  HERE

It happened to steam users as well, but the devs overcame the problem ( although didn't find the cause for the glitch)  link to discussion is HERE  There they say that after mission 1 it might also happen, but I can't confirm, but at page 3, comment 35 also states the same problem as I did.

Solution: Have more than 1 save file on different missions (or hideout) and don't forget to upload it to cloud just to be extra safe

Edited by Scorpions444
  • Like 1

The fact that they said they won't fix their broken game is a dick move. Someone should get sued when you pay for a game that has problems and they don't fix their shit. Im fucking tired of game developers releasing glitchy untested games in the market.

Totally agree with you. However what makes me even more pissed off, is that they have released a patch ( well not exactly a patch, but a way to work around the bug) on pc.

Edited by Scorpions444
  • Like 1

cleardot.gif
Hi Saimis,

Patching game on console is a complicated and expensive process.

It why, unfortunatly, we have no plan to publish the patch on console.

Don't you have a save before the place you encounter the problem?

Really sorry for the annoyance.

Is this literally copy and paste from the email?

I can't get over that grammar

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

Yes, its copy paste, the grammar is understandable, as they are from france (or so I heard)

I'm sorry, I find it so funny  :giggle:

Thanks for the heads up about the glitch, though. I plan to play this game sometime myself

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame Sony charges so much money for patches, otherwise we could potentially get them faster (or at all, in some of these cases as many of the devs can't really afford to make them). It used to be that the first/day 1 patch was free and anything past that was somewhere in the tens of thousands of dollars, don't know if that's accurate information any more though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this problem on my first play through, not a replay mission.  The elf as you stated had no triangle talk prompt, however, I just wandered around the area and upon walking through the arch to the left of the elf the cut scene triggered.  I was only going for no alerts so I will be replaying this mission again, and probably again, but if it occurs again and I can trigger the cut scene in the same way I'll say something.....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Finally went back and did the last play through I needed for the plat.......never had a single issue, and never had to push triangle to speak to that elf.  As I stated before, just walk through the first archway to your left after dropping into this room and the cut scene starts itself, smooth as silk.  Same results along three play throughs so I'm not really sure why you were having an issue unless it was just one of those weird glitches that can occur from a bad download.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...