Hand cannon nerfing soon but...

BMJ2K7

There not only going after hand cannons, there going after other exotics that are popular. There going after Ice Breaker and GJALLARHORN. Now they say this update is to re balance weapons, but I don't believe it. This update is suppose to attack hand cannons, but going after other exotics makes no sense. Now to me this seems like they want these weapons to be good not that much longer. Remember Taken King is now a year 2 dlc, not a year 1 dlc so all weapons wont get the new damage increase except exotics. But if you make old exotics worse, people have to buy the Taken King to get better gear (WE HOPE) so it increase your reason to buy a over hyped $15 dlc which there charging $40 for. If this is how they do year 3 dlc gear, by nerfing everything popular in the three year 2 dlc's. What's the point of us buying the new dlc, if your just going to nerf it when a new dlc hits?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/17/destiny-20-weapon-tuning-nerfs-gjallarhorn-hawkmoon-ice-breaker-and-more?abthid=55a8c101c141d12c51000005

What's the point of us buying the new dlc, if your just going to nerf it when a new dlc hits?

Did you ever thought they cared about what you own? It's all about how much more can you shell to be the strongest among your friends.

Wondering how they are going to do on Thorn. I own it and it's shit. Would rather have The Last Word or Moonlight Falchion (wrong name, I know. barely translated) instead.

Edited by TheYuriG

I just wanted to say it's they're and not there.

I do agree that Bungie is trying to get us to move onto the new weapons.

Did you ever thought they cared about what you own? It's all about how much more can you shell to be the strongest among your friends.

Wondering how they are going to do on Thorn. I own it and it's shit. Would rather have The Last Word or Moonlight Falchion (wrong name, I know. barely translated) instead.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13147

Have you leveled the thorn up? The gun's fuckin beast at PvP. I use it and admit it needs to be nerfed. The Hawkmoon's getting tweaked to where all its perks don't stack on one round, so no more one shots on full health guardians.

Some tweaks I can understand. I hate to see the gjallarhorn get nerfed, but that's another one we saw coming (or should have). Then there are others I don't understand. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Ice Breaker besides people camping in PvP. The charge rate is already slow enough. Lengthening the charge rate by one second would've been a fair. Three seconds is going to ruin the gun for PvE. Another needless tweak is the White Nail perk on he Black Hammer will basically be an instant reload instead of having what we have now. Auto Rifles have been shit since 1.1.1 and will continue to be after 2.0. Looks like pulse and scout rifles will be the best options going forward, but we'll have to wait and see.

Once again, people whining about OP weapons on PvP get their changes.

Thorn is fucking op and has been for a while. Same with the gally and icebreaker. Although icebreaker and gally are for pve. The game isint fun when you join a fire team with gally users who insta rape any boss in the game, but the Bungie asshats need to implement a system that has different stats for pvp and pve since now the icebreaker is gonna be garbage all around.

Thorn has a damn poison and can be annoying. I have Hakwmoon and it's pretty badass. I have two, coz I can't bring myself to shard my spare. My friend got Gally when i got my first Hawkmoon, I didn't get Gally when she got hers tho xD damn thing.

Have you leveled the thorn up? The gun's fuckin beast at PvP. I use it and admit it needs to be nerfed. The Hawkmoon's getting tweaked to where all its perks don't stack on one round, so no more one shots on full health guardians.

I have, it's maxed as much as possible to me without the ascend glitched node. Still shit on PvP, but awesome on PvE. I should have clarified I was mentioning the PvP part of it. I love PvE with it so much, screw Fusion Rifles penetration bullets, I have a Thorn!

Got Red Death too and leveling it before I had to part ways with the game. Still would like to have the Hawkmoon (which I suppose to be the handcannon I tried to mention before).

Funnily enough, the best handcannon I've ever used was a level 11 with 89 impact and 12 bullets mag. Best weapon ever? 3 shot kill anyone.

There's a reason why more than 50% of the people who went flawless in Trials during the first couple of weeks used Thorn. Two shots to the head and  they're practically dead, DoT takes care of the rest. What annoys me the most about Thorn though is that people don't have to commit to a gunfight. After two headshots, they can just leave you to die. Or alternatively, a body shot and then a grenade. The DoT prevents your health regen for a while, so even if you don't die of it, it leaves you very vulnerable. Also the fact that Thorn practically makes you able to see through walls if you have a person in DoT because you see the damage numbers on your screen. You can also basically snipe with it... So yeah, nerf pls. 

I don't know. There definitely needs to be weapon balancing as the PvP is currently just Thorn/shot package shot gun/proximity rocket loadouts and PvE Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn loadouts (I'm also guilty of it haha). I didn't check the weapon balance list all that thoroughly so I can't really say what I think of it as a whole but I love it that they made Final Round perk practically useless in PvP. Justice. Gjallarhorn and HC nerfs made me sad in general. I mean, Ghorn nerf is relatively fair but legendary HCs are fine the way they are in my opinion. I don't understand Black Hammer and Ice Breaker nerfs at all as they make them both pretty much useless now.

There's a reason why more than 50% of the people who went flawless in Trials during the first couple of weeks used Thorn. Two shots to the head and  they're practically dead, DoT takes care of the rest. What annoys me the most about Thorn though is that people don't have to commit to a gunfight. After two headshots, they can just leave you to die. Or alternatively, a body shot and then a grenade. The DoT prevents your health regen for a while, so even if you don't die of it, it leaves you very vulnerable. Also the fact that Thorn practically makes you able to see through walls if you have a person in DoT because you see the damage numbers on your screen. You can also basically snipe with it... So yeah, nerf pls. 

I don't know. There definitely needs to be weapon balancing as the PvP is currently just Thorn/shot package shot gun/proximity rocket loadouts and PvE Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn loadouts (I'm also guilty of it haha). I didn't check the weapon balance list all that thoroughly so I can't really say what I think of it as a whole but I love it that they made Final Round perk practically useless in PvP. Justice. Gjallarhorn and HC nerfs made me sad in general. I mean, Ghorn nerf is relatively fair but legendary HCs are fine the way they are in my opinion. I don't understand Black Hammer and Ice Breaker nerfs at all as they make them both pretty much useless now.

Thorn is a 2 shot headshot without the DoT. 

Thorn is a 2 shot headshot without the DoT. 

Player health is about 190-200 depending on your class and stat perks. Thorn does 84 crit damage per shot with aggressive ballistics without the DoT.

However I don't really know what's the case if you take Final Round perk into account. 

Player health is about 190-200 depending on your class and stat perks. Thorn does 84 crit damage per shot with aggressive ballistics without the DoT.

However I don't really know what's the case if you take Final Round perk into account. 

I've double tapped people with 84s.  Excluding Warlocks with Ram of course.  I must be getting a DoT applied before the second round hits and right when the second round lands.