Top 10 Series that Deserve to Die by Gametrailers!

ZeroXOF

That's not how gaming works. If a game is officially released and is part of the franchise, it shall be counted as such. 

oh sry i have not read the official book of rules what is in a a serie of games and what is not included.   my mistake .  so HDN V2 is  HDN10 ? and Noire is HDN 8?    i never said it is not in same franchise my friend :) i just said that you cant say the HDN serie is overflowed because of 12 games in 5 years when spin offs are totally seperated , and remakes too.   but its cool with all the atelier vita version we are at huge number of atelier games now .... the serie should die !  .. ..

You may not be a fan boy but you sure got defensive like one. I think you should work out your numbers game first before calling anyone out on theirs. 

so everyone who defense something is a fanboy ..... to be honest , you are only ignorant offensive here , why do you even talk with other ppl if you not able to discuss? 

Edited by Xionx

If you hate something it's because you don't understand it, same applies to religions, nationalities, movies. Or your just playing with your eyes closed and ears flipped inside out. No one creates a game saying " oh man I'm make this game so garbage HAHAHA ". If you fail to see what the game's qualities are then your blind or don't understand it, like I said. Xillia 1 and 2 are excellent and I'll take a wild guess and say people who don't like it is because the story is complicated, which is the exact same reason why people disliked 13-2, even though it's one of the best ff's with the best character, aka Caius.

Reminds me of anime hatrers. Some people hate certain anime and say it's bad ( usually because reviews ). Just because it's different and you fail to see where it's great, it's not the anime that's bad, it's you. ( best recent examples imo are black bullet and SAO. )

Eyeballs and ears, use em.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

I was going to write up a post to explain my point of view but I would just be wasting my time.

so everyone who defense something is a fanboy ..... to be honest.

I implied that you was getting defensive like one, I never called you one. I feel you have some next victim complex thing going on here.

You are only ignorant offensive here.

What is a "ignorant offensive"? I wasn't being ignorant, I was dropping down facts for you and you just didn't get it. Other people did and other people will defend their point of view if they have to.  

why do you even talk with other ppl if you not able to discuss? 

So you're now determining that I'm not ready to discuss with other people on the forum?  May I remind you that you first started insulting people like me by saying "but people should learn to use numbers /statistics with little bit more knowlegde." for no reason. 

I feel you're one of those people that think just because someone liked your comment or post that it must be the truth. There's nothing wrong with that and I too have been guilty of doing such a thing. The only thing is, I haven't called you out before you started insulting my comments. Now if mody,Shana, Doods or the others call me out on my views and explain to me what I said is wrong, I will apologize to you. 

I only agree with The Sims.

My dad told me to keep an eye out on those IP auctions, I know EA gonna sell it quick. 

Edited by ZeroXOF

I was going to write up a post to explain my point of view but I would just be wasting my time.

I implied that you was getting defensive like one, I never called you one. I feel you have some next victim complex thing going on here.

What is a "ignorant offensive"? I wasn't being ignorant, I was dropping down facts for you and you just didn't get it. Other people did and other people will defend their point of view if they have to.  

So you're now determining that I'm not ready to discuss with other people on the forum?  May I remind you that you first started insulting people like me by saying "but people should learn to use numbers /statistics with little bit more knowlegde." for no reason. 

I feel you're one of those people that think just because someone liked your comment or post that it must be the truth. There's nothing wrong with that and I too have been guilty of doing such a thing. The only thing is, I haven't called you out before you started insulting my comments. Now if mody,Shana, Doods or the others call me out on my views and explain to me what I said is wrong, I will apologize to you. 

no you never waste time explaining your point of view in my opinion , i highly appreciat take time to do that.

i have no victim complex , im just a little bit allergic on the word fanboy ..... because many ppl use it in the same like fan = fanboy = likes it ..... so maybe little overreaction of my side.

ignorant was maybe to much , but offensive was it in my opinion .

so at that point you maybe have a "victim complex" if you feel atacked when i said "but people should learn to use numbers /statistics with little bit more knowlegde." 

and last but not least .  i dont care who "likes" my posts ... i say what is in my mind .... (ok sometimes i dont say it because it is not worth to start a discussion) , but i never say something because i think someone gives me a like for that ^^. 

because this is highly off topic , WE (big WE so you know that i include me too)  should stop that now :) if you want to talk about it , you can send me a pm .

I'm not against sequels, I'm not even against yearly sequels (the PS2 era gave us a lot of great yearly franchises), I'm just against developers mindlessly milking a series until the cow's dead. Some franchises' ambition just went way beyond their initial creative spark and that's why I believe some of them should be shelved, or at least rest for a long while.

Pokémon had 6 generations spread across 20 years. I'd hardly call that annual. The reason I said Pokémon never was the same after Generation 2 was because it just felt the same to me. Yes, the point of a sequel is to be "a continuation of the same game in the same universe with mostly the same gameplay", but when the gameplay improves nothing noteworthy and the story becomes forgettable and independent from its predecessors... is there even a point to it? The second generation had completely different Gyms from the first, allowed you to revisit the Kanto region and re-challenge its gym leaders, and the story continued where the first generation left off, to the point where you could even fight the main character and the rival from those games. You see nothing of the sort in Generation 3 and onward.

(Not to mention those Pokémon designs keep getting crazier and crazier).

Again, not against yearly sequels. And I can't speak for the other games as I haven't played them, but Budokai 3 was not only on a yearly schedule (though it was the last game in the series to be so), the gameplay and graphics improved a lot compared to both Budokai 1 and 2.

And...

Why are you contradicting yourself?

That doesn't properly defend what you said previously.

So because the number of existent generations is 6, that's suppose to be proof that Pokemon isn't or hasn't been annual or mostly annual for a long time now? This logic makes no sense. Some type of Pokemon game comes out ever year or almost every year, thus making it an annual franchise or mostly annual franchise. You see nothing of the sort in Generation 3 and onward. This is just ignorance and greatly wrong.

(No, they don't. SOME get crazier and some get better. This poor and stupid exaggeration needs to stop. People act like the newer generations bring fourth nothing but bad designed pkmn and barely any good ones, when plenty of good ones have been made. With that said, Kanto had some prett dumb ass designed pkmn like Grimer and Magnemite just to name a few.)

Not only was B3 not the last in the series, but B3 was not THAT much different from B2. You're being biased. Your point on sequels not changing enough and stuff relates to B2 - B3.

I am? How am I doing it again? I enjoy the Pokemon series a lot, i'm not biased. In this video it is questionable how the 4 game series I listed are not also mentioned in the video alongside Sonic. All 4 series are similar. Seems to me like the series that make a lot of money and keep kids entertained were left out (biased priority) despite being games that fit in GT's point video.

• 2 weeks later...

Assassins Creed in my opinion is a yearly franchise that keeps getting better every year, except Unity that was awful. Ubisoft has already said they have the end of assassins creed planned but i dont think it is in the near future. Dead Island on the other hand could be better if they take their time and fix the glitches quickly or just make sure there isnt that many unlike in the previous two installments. I also dont think franchises need to die until they explain the storyline completely because then it would always make you wonder "what if".

That's a sad thought. I really like the Assassin's Creed series (although I must admit, 3, Liberation and Freedom Cry felt lacking in atmosphere compared to 2, Brotherhood and Revelations - although Unity brought it back) and I don't want to see it end.

Who cares if they're yearly releases? It's always new content - a new overworld, new protagonist (with the exception of Brotherhood and Revelations), new time period (mostly) and a new story. I just wish they would bring modern day missions back.

I don't think any game series deserves to die. A rest every now and then may be beneficial, and the evolution that some series have undergone over the years doesn't exactly please me (*cough* Tomb Raider *cough*), but when you start to disagree with the direction a series is taking, that's when you simply ignore it.

There are almost definitely people who do enjoy the new direction (Tomb Raider sold great, despite what SE think) and to want a series killed off just because you have lost interest is rather selfish imo. I do think Tomb Raider should've been a new IP and we should've gotten a new arc with the Legend/Anniversary/Underworld gameplay, but hey, what do I know?

Are there some game series which are being 'milked'? Yes. But does it really matter if there are still loads of people who enjoy it?

I love the original 2D Sonic Games but the Series has been on a decline for a while other than Sonic Generations which I really liked for the 2D Sonic levels. I don't think they should end the Series though, They have to improve a lot for sure though.

I'm also surprised Call of Duty isn't on that list despite being a big fan as it's similar to Assassin's Creed in that it's released every single year.