PS4 unexpected disk eject and fan noises.

Crespelio-X12

So this problem is tormenting me in the last months and it happens to me almost if not every day. I am sick of this problem and already tried the PlayStation's solution video but it always happens again. It's very annoying and it makes me lose my interest while playing. Why did they have to put these damn ultra sensitive sensors instead of mechanical buttons like the PS4 1TB model just got *sigh*. I am willing to send my PS4 to fix because I can´t stand these anymore my conclusion about this is anything you try it will always comeback. This started two or three months ago but it sometimes happens once a week or everyday. I love Sony and PlayStation but they should have treat this problem before releasing the damn console. Is this a software or hardware problem? Why it beeps and starts doing fan noises...? I hope someone gives me a clear answer and my warranty has ended.

• Like 1

I had the problem with the disc eject a while back. I just unplugged the console for a bit plugged it back in and it hasn't happened in 6 months or so. Only one time have I heard the fan running louder than usual.

Hope you get your issue straightened out.

I had the problem with the disc eject a while back. I just unplugged the console for a bit plugged it back in and it hasn't happened in 6 months or so. Only one time have I heard the fan running louder than usual.

Hope you get your issue straightened out.

Hi, how I did that countless times! Right now I have the PS4 unplugged but probably happens tomorrow.

Ok so after 10 minutes of playing Saints Row it happened again I HAVE NO IDEA why the hell this happens!

It happened to me during really hot summer days and I had a solution.
11749748_10153518315278599_1638746064_n.
give this a shot, it worked for me

Kinda confused what the hot summer days have to do with this.

Can't I change the touch buttons to mechanical buttons? I don't know.

Ok so after 10 minutes of playing Saints Row it happened again I HAVE NO IDEA why the hell this happens!

Kinda confused what the hot summer days have to do with this.

I experienced this problem only in summer maybe heat triggers it somehow I don't know.

Once again, after I came up with this solution it never happened to me

• Like 1

I experienced this problem only in summer maybe heat triggers it somehow I don't know.

Once again, after I came up with this solution it never happened to me

Now that you talk about summer this problem did started on summer and really hot. Is it the dust? Why the PS4 do the weird fan noises? Is it a software or hardware problem.

Now that you talk about summer this problem did started on summer and really hot. Is it the dust? Why the PS4 do the weird fan noises? Is it a software or hardware problem.

Could be dust. Try to use vacuum cleaner in order to get rid of dust. I don't know exactly your problem but mine started a little slightly noisier than usual so I simply used vacuum cleaner and the way it works is as good as new 

Seems like a hardware problem.. When your ps4 becomes too hot, it triggers the button's sensors.

Like other said, make sure it don't overheat by :

- Cleaning dust

- Good airflow around the console

It does?! Hmm, so I'm gonna put the curtains so it slightly lowers the problem

But the problem is that it's not even overheated because I only played 10 minutes and sometimes I'd play 10 hours

It didn't happen when I played. It happened either when i turned the ps4 on or while it was in rest mode. My tv and ps4 is in front of my window with my ac. I hope that keeps it cool enough.

Mine is behind and mine started beeping outta nowhere yesterday and I took the cable off

This console really should be set standing on its end like a computer tower, sitting in an open area. Nearly every person I've talked to with problems like this has it laying flat like an old-school top-loading game console. Horrible design. I bought the stand that slips on the end to stand it up when it first came out, and never had a problem.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

This console really should be set standing on its end like a computer tower, sitting in an open area. Nearly every person I've talked to with problems like this has it laying flat like an old-school top-loading game console. Horrible design. I bought the stand that slips on the end to stand it up when it first came out, and never had a problem.

I recently bought a stand for mine and have it standing up now and will never go back to setting flat down.

I unplug my console and hold my finger over the power button, you then hear some beeps, even when it's unplugged. Plug in your console again and it should be okay. It's not a permanent fix, it's happened a few times over the past few months, it just keeps trying to eject a disk even though I'm not doing anything. 

The rubber foot that Willstown mentioned above is the problem.

"The eject button actually sits right atop of a rubber foot. The rubber foot, if not placed carefully during manufacturing, can bump up against the eject button and eject the disc. Even if the PS4 is in a vertical position, the rubber foot can still be an issue, as it can expand and contract due to temperature changes (e.g. when the console gets hot/cold).

Luckily, there are two ways of fixing this. The simple fix is to remove the rubber foot entirely, or remove it and trim the top of it off, then put it back in.

If that doesn’t work, you can try the second, and a bit more tricky fix. This fix involves manually tightening the eject button screw. You can find the screw by removing the hard drive cover — it’s located between the fins on the front side."

Full article here if you want to read it: http://ps4daily.com/2015/01/ps4-randomly-ejecting-discs/

• Like 1

I unplug my console and hold my finger over the power button, you then hear some beeps, even when it's unplugged. Plug in your console again and it should be okay. It's not a permanent fix, it's happened a few times over the past few months, it just keeps trying to eject a disk even though I'm not doing anything. 

The rubber foot that Willstown mentioned above is the problem.

"The eject button actually sits right atop of a rubber foot. The rubber foot, if not placed carefully during manufacturing, can bump up against the eject button and eject the disc. Even if the PS4 is in a vertical position, the rubber foot can still be an issue, as it can expand and contract due to temperature changes (e.g. when the console gets hot/cold).

Luckily, there are two ways of fixing this. The simple fix is to remove the rubber foot entirely, or remove it and trim the top of it off, then put it back in.

If that doesn’t work, you can try the second, and a bit more tricky fix. This fix involves manually tightening the eject button screw. You can find the screw by removing the hard drive cover — it’s located between the fins on the front side."

Full article here if you want to read it: http://ps4daily.com/2015/01/ps4-randomly-ejecting-discs/

Ok so this keeps happening and I'm willing to remove the damn thing. Did this happen to you? Did it fix?

Ok so this keeps happening and I'm willing to remove the damn thing. Did this happen to you? Did it fix?

"I unplug my console and hold my finger over the power button, you then hear some beeps, even when it's unplugged. Plug in your console again and it should be okay. It's not a permanent fix, it's happened a few times over the past few months, it just keeps trying to eject a disk even though I'm not doing anything."

That's all I did. I didn't remove the rubber foot like the link says. I just put the link here so you, and other people who find this thread, will know what exactly the problem is and have a possible solution for it. I don't play with my PS4 much any more so I haven't had the eject problem for a while.

Willstown said above that since he removed the rubber foot that he hasn't had a problem since. So if you are still having problems, I suggest you give that a try.

I removed the little rubber foot from the underneath the eject button and popped it up on little feet at the corners.  Behaved ever since

I had the same problem over the last months, 2 weeks ago I sent my PS4 to Sony, they sent it back a few days later, they added little plastic parts under the console. That's all I can see from outside, but it doesn't warm up as it used to be, so that's good.

Edit : when I called them, told me that they are well aware of the problem and how to fix it.

Edited by MaximeStor

Ok so I putted curtains so my PS4 couldn't get light and played 5 hours straight without light exposure. Tomorrow I can say if this really works or no.

You used to play PS4 while the console bathed in sunlight? Everyone could tell you this is a big no-no for every machine.

I had the same problem over the last months, 2 weeks ago I sent my PS4 to Sony, they sent it back a few days later, they added little plastic parts under the console. That's all I can see from outside, but it doesn't warm up as it used to be, so that's good.

Edit : when I called them, told me that they are well aware of the problem and how to fix it.

I´m gonna send it since it's apparently on warranty