Too Expensive

Just wait for a discount or a special sales

Like Flash Sales or winter or... or brotherhood sales, it had to happen someday.

Yup. It's very likely to be discounted on such sales, because I'm guessing that it won't sell all that well at the currently set price.

• Like 1

The price is 19,99 in germany, as well as anywhere in europe.

The price 19,99 CAD in canada (13,7 euros)

The price is 19,99 USD in the USA(18 euros)

The price is 39,95 AUD (and was 45 last week) (respectively 25,5 and 29,8 euros).

You could argue that the game is worth 20 euros (i dont agree but hey, different taste :)). But 30 euros? Just no. You could buy up to 5 great indie game for that price...

Also, why is it more than 2 times more expensive in australia than in canada? You just can't agree with that kind of territorial pricing...

This comparison is nonsense. You should compare the average wages in that specific countries first before comparing the prices. Also, how is it with taxes?

The common price for a newly released retail game is 59,99€ in Germany. Before the Euro was introduced, a video game was priced between 100 and 150 DM (Deutsche Mark), which roughly translates to 50 to 75 Euros. What's the common price for a retail game in Australia?

Edited by Gildenmagier

There's no defending some of the prices people are posting for this game... but I am in the opinion posted earlier about "if you don't like it, don't buy it".

If everyone follows that rule, then there are only two directions this can go:

1. More people buy it, and apparently people think it's worth the price regardless of you.

2. Less people buy it, you were right, and developers/publishers learn an important lesson.

So yeah... if you don't like it, don't buy it.  Don't preach.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

• 5 months later...

Well I'm late to the party but in Canada the retail version is $30. I got this game in a flash sale for under $3. I liked it. I have forgotten it, I bought it again physical. For two small games $33 I guess isn't bad. I really dislike buying games twice though. And in no way do I think that $30 is a proper price. But...I liked it and I don't mind the developer getting some more money from me to hopefully make another game.

Yeah, the game is heavily discounted now, down to the price it should have been at release. Now I'm just waiting for this price to be discounted by like 40% or something, and I'd buy it. But honestly, this game is somewhat of a chore. The puzzles are so easy to solve that they aren't fun, just as I said, a chore you have to do. Like constantly small hinders for you to run further on. It takes heavily from games like ICO, everything from concept, gameplay to some of the environment, but it fails to do what ICO did so well. It doesn't really make you think a whole lot, only constantly chores.

The story is pretty shit too. All it does is play cynically on your emotions, pushing one depressing scene after the other.

If you liked this game and want something more "challenging", I'd recommend New n Tasty or ICO. Even if not especially hard, I prefer Unmechanical too. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom is a better game as well. If you don't care about trophies, then there's games like Heart of Darkness or even Tombi!.

Edited by MMDE

For the record: The OP talked about USD. 1 USD is about 1 Euro.

Nobody forces you to buy anything. 

Really, this thread is pointless and should be locked...

People aren't allowed to talk about shitty consumer practices now?

Anyway I was shocked to even see it at $40, let alone $45 I mean Jesus Christ. 

So dont but it.

But it obviously is not overpriced, as the game sold very well.

It is valued at what the market will bear.

The market has become all too conditioned to shitty practices by now. 

The Horse Armour in Oblivion was supposed to be a warning. We all laughed at it then, but look where we are now. 

Brothers is a much better game than GOW3.

God of War 3 is a full game, though. 

The market has become all too conditioned to shitty practices by now. 

The Horse Armour in Oblivion was supposed to be a warning. We all laughed at it then, but look where we are now. 

God of War 3 is a full game, though.

That was a dlc. Brothers is a game, the two don't equate.

I don't know what that last thing meant either. GoW3 is the third part of a story. Brothers is a complete story from start to finish.