If you buy an eso sub....

So I had sold this game after I had bought a month plus sub. They are set to auto renew by default?? I have never played an mmo before and I certainly do NOT expect a game to auto renew without stating that when no credit card number was used where you check things just to be certain. They are as bad as credit card companies with this shtick. Anything for a dollar. I really want to boycott this company now and that almost includes FO4, I will have to check and see if Zenimax has their hands in that like they did FO3. I was pretty sure they didn't in an article I read, but now I am curious. 

PS Plus is one thing and easier to check, its there on your hard drive and uses a credit/debit card not simply because you have money in the account to pay for it, but not a game.

If you sell a game such as this, you have to go out and re-buy it in order to cancel it simply because there was a 20 dollar code used recently, more so if it had been a 50 dollar one for a flash sale or tuesday's sale. It isn't DCUO where you just let it download and patch for 2-3 days straight (or whatever it is after this long). Though that would still annoy me. 

Don't preach about the marvels of capitalism to me. Common respect for the customers that are expected to buy do that based on reputation, even subconsciously....  Greed shouldn't be so common place that it is odd for it to not occur. /Rant

you could always check it in the PSN store. I am fairly certain that ESO Plus is a monthly renewal so yes you will get charged, since it comes directly through the PSN store. Check your subscriptions in the PSN store, should be able to cancel from there I would imagine. As for boycotting Fallout 4 simply because you didn't like ESO, and you out of your own free will bought an ESO plus subscription, is stupid. Carry on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I had sold this game after I had bought a month plus sub. They are set to auto renew by default?? I have never played an mmo before and I certainly do NOT expect a game to auto renew without stating that when no credit card number was used where you check things just to be certain. They are as bad as credit card companies with this shtick. Anything for a dollar. I really want to boycott this company now and that almost includes FO4, I will have to check and see if Zenimax has their hands in that like they did FO3. I was pretty sure they didn't in an article I read, but now I am curious. 

PS Plus is one thing and easier to check, its there on your hard drive and uses a credit/debit card not simply because you have money in the account to pay for it, but not a game.

If you sell a game such as this, you have to go out and re-buy it in order to cancel it simply because there was a 20 dollar code used recently, more so if it had been a 50 dollar one for a flash sale or tuesday's sale. It isn't DCUO where you just let it download and patch for 2-3 days straight (or whatever it is after this long). Though that would still annoy me. 

Don't preach about the marvels of capitalism to me. Common respect for the customers that are expected to buy do that based on reputation, even subconsciously....  Greed shouldn't be so common place that it is odd for it to not occur. /Rant

nawwhhh you silly goose :P 

Don't boycott fallout 4, you can play without giving zenimax any money. 

It's called buying it used or renting it. ;)

• 2 months later...

There is an Elder Scrolls Online Plus subscription that gives crowns and other boosts to those that buy it. Seems like a waste to me, but then I haven't played an MMO before.

For one thing you get the content DLC without having to buy it separately, and you get 1500 crowns ($15 worth) each month.  If you want the two content DLC packs, it would be worth it to have the sub for 4 months for the extra benefits, then use the 4x1500 to buy the DLCs independently and cancel the sub (DLCs together are about $55).

Im pretty sure every mmo company can remove your sub by calling the custumer Support hotline... and if it is running over Psn , you can call sony too . (or write a mail) ..... buying the game again just to cancel the sub is .... i dont know....i dont want to say anything offensive ....

And if something is renewing the costs every month it is 100% written in the Sub options . But overseeing something like this happens sometimes.

Ok I'll lock this now, but the point was that I shouldn't have to call anyone to cancel anything, it should be an option you have to check not one that is automatically selected for you. You have to check a TOS agreement, but not something that freely gives them money over and over. 

To rely on the fact that someone who hasn't played an mmo should know that by default a small sub would auto renew because "everyone" should expect that from a company is ridiculous for the simple fact, you by being a customer but also their customer, it is their job to take an advantage of you and any ignorance or accident is your fault.

2nd the auto renewal wasn't tied to any credit card account, but my general psn account. Simply because there was money in there didn't entitle them to it because they think so. Capitalism is great when you are the one taking advantage. That auto renewal is buried within the options of that game. It isn't just one or even two window arrows over from "options" tab. That is intentional on their part. 

3rd, I had contacted ESO customer support and they sent me to Sony. So say you don't want to mess with the run around with customer support or having to worry about calling an american number and getting routed to India like many companies intentionally do to frustrate and avoid their customers who already gave them money, you do in fact have to re-buy the game. But that is under the assumption you have never contacted Sony support before and actually heard someone you could understand answer or spell sensibly in the chat box. there are companies that will assign english names that then proceed to speak broken english or with such a heavy accent and know they are lying. Microsoft on xbox support does this (5 calls to them and 3 separate times I had to repeatedly ask for a transfer to their boss or someone who actually spoke english) and Dell for instance also is guilty of these practices. There are several others, several years ago there was a consumer article on these type of companies, not even credit card companies but companies like JC Penny or Sears (who is practically bankrupt) removed the "0" option to speak with a representative. Even from the "hidden" menu it was gone. No one took your call except an automation. Others have it hidden, it will never list the option to talk to another human being, you had to be old enough to remember when that was given as an option and try it. So that statement you thought might be offensive and chose not to say, is it still so ignorant to assume one would do that? Any american with comcast internet knows exactly what I mean by this run around, and the companies who do and others who should be listed on consumer watch lists. It is the exact same thing in different forms. 

The problem is they aren't limited to just american companies or american international companies. With the new TPP, these types of business practices and other worse occurrences are going to be staple business practices. Any attempts to regulate this will be met with lawsuits by those companies, that is actually included in the bylaws of the agreement.