I'm trying to get all the skits in my current playthrough, but I think I missed a skit somewhere..

I followed the this guide on my 1st playthrough, supposedly getting all but 1 story skit, and on my 2nd playthrough I got the other missing skit (Odd Poster skit). I have been keeping a checklist of all other miscellaneous skits, to know what I was missing, but from my checklist, and looking at it I'm missing 11 of the 297 skits, this would mean that I have 96.2% of the skits, yet the game tells me that I'm at 95%.. Obviously I'm missing a skit that I already tough that I had got..

And since there's no way to check (and I'm at early chapter 3 of 3rd playthrough), I'm trying to figure out what it may be ASAP to see if I need to change something in my current playthrough and avoid a 4th playthrough..

My main question is if starting a skit and then skip it (press circle after it start) make the skit count or not, I'm asking this because I think that I accidentally did that on some skits the first time they showed up (10 flees, 1 of the 5 captures in a row , or the ones for leaving either Emil or Marta out for 20 or 50 battles skits I really don't remember which were for sure..).

I really wish that there was a way to check this ingame..

From my notes, I'm missing only:

276. 50 Escapes – Run away 50 times
279. Successful Pacts – Spellbind Monster 10 times in a row
280. No Way – Spellbind Monster 10 times in a row
287. Monster Circus – Form a total of 100 successful pacts
288. Seriously High Number – Form a total of 200 successful pacts
289. We're full – Have 232 Monster in the storage
293. Simply Splendid – Get a Pellaidah
294. Joyous Trinity – Have Kitty Kat, Izimbra and Aspidoceleon in your party at once
295. Complete – Collect all Monsters
296. A Lie – Finish the Final Treasure Hunter Katz Quest in Chapter 8
297. Kismet – Get Kismet as a drop from Gladsheim's final boss

I'm not sure if skipping affects the skit counting or not, I could never find an answer for that question either.  Did you get all of the fishing skits?  Since you're still in chapter 3 you would still have time to try them again.  Also did you get the skit for 5 escapes?  You can miss that one if you ran away before Marta joins.  The only other misc skit I can think of is the arsonist skit that you need to get by leaving Izoold before going in and talking to Regal.

Thanks.

Yes, I remember getting all of those (tough I'm unsure if I got all the fail streak skits..).

I will continue to play getting all the story skits again and then get all the ones I know that I'm missing and hopefully somewhere I get the missing ones.. I really don't feel like doing a 4th playtthrough just because of this..

Update:

I can confirm now that skipping the dialogues of the skits after starting them, do count the skit.. since I just tested it with my % turning from 98% to 99%.

Just found 1 of my missing skits (2nd skit for fail 10 times in a row..), now I think that I'm 3 skits away (since my % just turned into 99% after this skit) and I know that I'm missing the befriend 200 monsters and the one for getting the Katz full.. now to find out what that last skit may be..

I'm not sure if skipping affects the skit counting or not, I could never find an answer for that question either.  Did you get all of the fishing skits?  Since you're still in chapter 3 you would still have time to try them again.  Also did you get the skit for 5 escapes?  You can miss that one if you ran away before Marta joins.  The only other misc skit I can think of is the arsonist skit that you need to get by leaving Izoold before going in and talking to Regal.

It does NOT affect the skit counting. That is, the skit will count regardless of whether you watch it to completion or skip it.

Update:

I can confirm now that skipping the dialogues of the skits after starting them, do count the skit.. since I just tested it with my % turning from 98% to 99%.

Just found 1 of my missing skits (2nd skit for fail 10 times in a row..), now I think that I'm 3 skits away (since my % just turned into 99% after this skit) and I know that I'm missing the befriend 200 monsters and the one for getting the Katz full.. now to find out what that last skit may be..

It's maddening. I think I know exactly which ones I'm missing as well, but God - what a pain. One of the ones I was missing was getting 10 in a row. I was sure I had done it, but I must have not saved or something. Good luck to you - I might come back to this one day myself.

Edited by starcrunch061

It's maddening. I think I know exactly which ones I'm missing as well, but God - what a pain. One of the ones I was missing was getting 10 in a row. I was sure I had done it, but I must have not saved or something. Good luck to you - I might come back to this one day myself.

Thanks, I was paying close attention to all skits, and somehow missed some.. I actually stop completely playing for 2 days when I realized that, but then decided to at least try to get the other trophies.. now I'm more motivated to go for the platinum.

For now I will go get the 200 and 232 befiend monsters skits and then I will see what I will do, because I may have missed either the one for not changing my title until getting to a specific point or the Odd Poster one, or even the 5 run away or 1 of the 5 successful spellbinds in a row (seeing that I somehow missed 1 of the 2 for 10 fails..).. Really all those seam to be the more likely cases, even tough I remember seeing all of them..

Edit: Oddly enough after getting the last skit that I knew that I was missing (befriend 232 monsters), I got the trophy.. Apparently the game rounds down all the way up to 99% (and counts like 3 skits per 1%) and then round up on the last skit, because since it started to show the 99% completion I only got 2 skits..

It's odd, but I don't care anymore, since I got my plat now!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Oddly enough after getting the last skit that I knew that I was missing (befriend 232 monsters), I got the trophy.. Apparently the game rounds down all the way up to 99% (and counts like 3 skits per 1%) and then round up on the last skit, because since it started to show the 99% completion I only got 2 skits..

It's odd, but I don't care anymore, since I got my plat now!

Wow, you have no idea how comforting this is for me. I'm on "late" 98% but there's only 3 skits that I know for sure that I'm missing (Kismet, complete monster collection and 5 escapes) and I've been dreading the possibility of a 4th playthrough all day. Thanks for getting it off my chest. xD

• 2 months later...

Apparently the game rounds down all the way up to 99% (and counts like 3 skits per 1%) and then round up on the last skit, because since it started to show the 99% completion I only got 2 skits.

This is fantastic to know, thanks for mentioning this. I just got to 98% but only have 5 skits left, so I was worried. Good to know I don't have to be!

• 4 years later...
On 23/04/2020 at 8:45 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Skit gallery? Anyway, some skits won't trigger at certain points of the story (it has to do with Emil's ''mood'')

After you clear the game for the first time with tru ending you can access the gallery where you can see all the skits, scenes, illustrations.
in the gallery shows that all skits are unlocked but the game shows 99%... anyway, i will play again for the unknown trophy and watch all skits again until I get the trophy

Edit: Got the platinum! For some reason I missed one common skit during Altamira's fight. Any way, I'm happy with my second Tales of platinum

Edited by cinthia_mendes
updates

On 23/04/2020 at 9:53 AM, cinthia_mendes said:

After you clear the game for the first time with tru ending you can access the gallery where you can see all the skits, scenes, illustrations.
in the gallery shows that all skits are unlocked but the game shows 99%... anyway, i will play again for the unknown trophy and watch all skits again until I get the trophy

Edit: Got the platinum! For some reason I missed one common skit during Altamira's fight. Any way, I'm happy with my second Tales of platinum

Let me guess: it was the Waka Waka Waka or the Axe and Cooking Knife skits.

I was stuck at 99% after my third playthrough and had to start a fourth play just for skits. Those 2 skits only appear after 2 other skits at the start of chapter 7 (Good Luck Charms and Ozette) and if you proceed to Altessa's door before viewing the first 2 skits, you will only be able to view the Charms, Ozette and the Paw Pad skits. This made me think I got all skits, which is not true.

I blame the design of this game for that.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I need help guys!

the game got 297 skits and I done them all on my second play through on hard difficulty and the stupid trophy refuse to pop up!

i got all 297... my skits percentage is at 99% ( heard the game has a bug that if you got all the 297 skits instead of the percentage to hit 100% it will stuck at 99% )

anyway, as I said I got all of the freaking skits and double check it twice from the skits gallery, reading them one by one and watched them all without skipping a single one that it took me a hour and a half to done with them all and no luck, do I have to be somewhere for the trophy to pop up on my current new game plus run?

I mean when I got all of the monsters in the game the trophy I'm Emil didn't pop up until I started my Mania difficulty play through and reached one of the Kats guild something where the owner of the shop was impressed and he gave me the last Title King of Monsters,  is the skits also need a requirement to be made after you got them all for the stupid trophy to pop up?

Edited by yellowwindow7

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/07/2021 at 0:18 PM, Dr_Stranamore said:

Anyone knows how to trigger the "Exactly" skit? It's the one where you have to take three LV1 monsters with you, I'm on chapter 8.

Maybe I've already seen it, but I'm not sure.

I read in the guide that only works from chapter 3-7. Some even said only chapter 3