Miku comes to PS4! Project Diva X and Future Tone Discussion

My copy arrived today, been glued to the Vita since.  Brilliant game, I'm liking the new system even though it may be our downfall in terms of making the platinum a real grind.  And I'm soooo glad there's so many amazing unknown songs in the game that will really bring attention to the producers that deserve the attention (ahem ahem Yi Er Fanclub, Kono Fuzaketa Subarashiki Sekai, Kunoichi demo Koi ga Shitai, and Streaming Heart to name a lovely few!), particularly when the game comes to the west.

Though, considering the game system itself got such a major overhaul, I wouldn't be surprised if IA/VT's wild success is to blame for this  :awesome:

• Like 2

Though, considering the game system itself got such a major overhaul, I wouldn't be surprised if IA/VT's wild success is to blame for this  :awesome:

IA/VT was amazing. if its mere existence meant others saw competition, i'm glad so it means other devs will step up their game. that said, i have a lot of thoughts about PDX right now and i'll put them all in one place whenever i get the plat. 

---

so i unlocked the 3 challenge item extreme songs and....yeah. people at crypton are on crack. holy geebus haha.....i never really played the other project diva games with challenge items, only to get the associated trophies. if what hanami said is true, that you have to do all these to get the plat, PDX very well could be very rare or maybe even ultra rare territory, especially with the insane amount of grinding you have to do in the first place. but then again, Japan is OP lol. 

• Like 2

IA/VT was amazing. if its mere existence meant others saw competition, i'm glad so it means other devs will step up their game. that said, i have a lot of thoughts about PDX right now and i'll put them all in one place whenever i get the plat.

---

so i unlocked the 3 challenge item extreme songs and....yeah. people at crypton are on crack. holy geebus haha.....i never really played the other project diva games with challenge items, only to get the associated trophies. if what hanami said is true, that you have to do all these to get the plat, PDX very well could be very rare or maybe even ultra rare territory, especially with the insane amount of grinding you have to do in the first place. but then again, Japan is OP lol.

Damn...I'm glad, but also sad because the rarity is gonna be much higher than it should be >-<

Damn...I'm glad, but also sad because the rarity is gonna be much higher than it should be >-<

well that still hinges on whether you have to do the 3 challenge item extreme songs in the first place. even if you don't, i think the grind on its own will lower the rarity compared to the previous 2 games regardless.

Edited by slash

*facepalm* this game requires a little bit of Jap language knowledge? Started this game yesterday blindly and have no clue what to give to Divas in those scene-after-song moments... :3

I actually liked this game's system so far... No more pressure of getting Excellent and no more Diva points xD I hope though that the RNG for 100% completion of modules is not like the RNG in JRPGs...

Btw... Giga Remix... <3

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

*facepalm* this game requires a little bit of Jap language knowledge? Started this game yesterday blindly and have no clue what to give to Divas in those scene-after-song moments... :3

that's one major change that's going to confuse a lot of importers. with my basic level understanding of japanese i've been able to get through it okay, but i still find it pretty overwhelming and give the wrong gifts at times. i've been using PDX to practice my japanese too, which is a plus. best thing to do though, is to download google translate on your phone and use the picture taking feature. it's pretty choppy in the way it translates, but you should be able to have a general idea of what gift to give. 
  • Like 1

that's one major change that's going to confuse a lot of importers. with my basic level understanding of japanese i've been able to get through it okay, but i still find it pretty overwhelming and give the wrong gifts at times. i've been using PDX to practice my japanese too, which is a plus. best thing to do though, is to download google translate on your phone and use the picture taking feature. it's pretty choppy in the way it translates, but you should be able to have a general idea of what gift to give. 

Even jp players get trouble with this =D. Some requests are just too general, like "I want to know something new" or "I want to change the mood".

Btw, Patchwork Staccato best song in this game =D.

Edited by hanamihana0112

well that still hinges on whether you have to do the 3 challenge item extreme songs in the first place. even if you don't, i think the grind on its own will lower the rarity compared to the previous 2 games regardless.

True. Either way this won't be UR I'm sure, if Extreme perfect trophies are 3%

Edited by Akira Fox

Better practice Nipponese! What better time than now? =D

I second this. Even a jp game that is heavily grinding like toukiden (200 hours) is almost rare now (4.95%), meanwhile this game is 100 hours short.

Because Nips are prozzzz =D

And actually complete gamezzzz =D

Kono Fuzaketa Subarashiki Sekai, Kunoichi demo Koi ga Shitai, 

Why do I feel they openly ripped off some popular anime names? :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Fuuu... here I almost got an heart attack that it would be PS4 only...

Good, Vita version will be available. I can't play Miku on console.

(I always love Miku's Seeeeeegaaaaa xD)

Surprisingly, I like it a lot more on Vita too. At first I thought Vita is just gonna be another shitty port but I guess not. Only thing I hate is that the touchscreen is used for star notes :/

Surprisingly, I like it a lot more on Vita too. At first I thought Vita is just gonna be another shitty port but I guess not. Only thing I hate is that the touchscreen is used for star notes :/

Isn't it switchable with L/R/stick? Or do I mistake it with something else?

And afaik, Divas aren't ports, they start on Vita =D This is Japan we are talking about =D Vita >>>>>> everything =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Isn't it switchable with L/R/stick? Or do I mistake it with something else?

You can switch it to the thumbsticks in the settings. I did that cause my Vita screen is kinda broken sometimes

Surprisingly, I like it a lot more on Vita too. At first I thought Vita is just gonna be another shitty port but I guess not.

It's the other way around.  The series has been designed for portables from the beginning, with console ports coming later.  F 2nd has been the only game in the series so far to have the console version release at the same time as the portable one (I think with the western release of F they might have released at the same time, I can't remember, but in Japan they were like six months or so apart)

Edit : Not implying that the console ports are shitty but rather they were developed on portable first and then ported to console rather than vice versa

Edited by Dalez1658

IIRC in this game R stick now can use to hit stars without changing the setting...(btw... Is it just me that enjoys using touchpad to hit stars? xD)

Too lazy to study jap atm Satoshi... I am not in a hurry anyway to finish it... Maybe I could wait for someone to make a guide for it in the near future :awesome:

For the mean time I guess I'll try to collect first the modules...

Oh... Hello there extreme Last song, nice to hear you again 2 faced lovers... <_<

Completing the songs on Extreme is not needed for plat right???

IIRC in this game R stick now can use to hit stars without changing the setting...(btw... Is it just me that enjoys using touchpad to hit stars? xD)

Too lazy to study jap atm Satoshi... I am not in a hurry anyway to finish it... Maybe I could wait for someone to make a guide for it in the near future :awesome:

Oh... Hello there extreme Last song, nice to hear you again 2 faced lovers... <_<

I'm not sure. There's been some confusion in what's actually required to collect everything xD 

this is correct, analog sticks and touch screen for stars are both on at the same time as default. no need to switch them in the settings. and no, you are not the only one, i love using the touchscreen. it's a big reason why i stuck the vita version over ps3 for both PDF and PDF2.

hehe i actually love Two Faced Lovers. The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku can just go away though xD can't wait for you to try it the quest with all 3 challenge items on extreme ;)

You really want to know what you need to do for plat? :awesome:. Better clear the game first before open this :awesome:.

Collect all modules (~300 types)

Max friendship with 6 people (10 levels)

Clear all quests on all difficulties (include Extreme with 3 challenge items)

Unlocking all diva room events (present items drop randomly, no purchases)

I'm not sure. There's been some confusion in what's actually required to collect everything xD

There's no confusion, just the lack of confirmation xD. But now it's pretty much fixed.

Edited by hanamihana0112

this is correct, analog sticks and touch screen for stars are both on at the same time as default. no need to switch them in the settings. and no, you are not the only one, i love using the touchscreen. it's a big reason why i stuck the vita version over ps3 for both PDF and PDF2.

hehe i actually love Two Faced Lovers. The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku can just go away though xD can't wait for you to try it the quest with all 3 challenge items on extreme ;)

That's convenient, since the first thing I would've done is hopelessly look for the setting to switch to sticks xD

You really want to know what you need to do for plat? :awesome:. Better clear the game first before open this :awesome:.

Collect all modules (~300 types)

Max friendship with 6 people (10 levels)

Clear all quests on all difficulties (include Extreme with 3 challenge items)

Unlocking all diva room events (present items drop randomly, no purchases)

There's no confusion, just the lack of confirmation xD. But now it's pretty much fixed.

Lack of confirmation = confusion :P looks like this will be a bitch of a grind though