Die-hards only?

Make no mistake- I love the original version on PC. Recently platinumed it on PS3 too, in fact.

However, my friend just got it on XBox One (he'd never played before) and it isn't looking as awesome as I'd hoped. I was hoping for 60 FPS but that doesn't seem to be the case. The textures and lighting are upscaled, of course, but it looks no better than it did on my PC three years ago and my rig was quite standard. Probably won't buy until it comes down in price. Thoughts?

Using that poor excuse of a cablebox that Microsoft calls a "Game Console" as a way a test the quality of a title is like using toilet water as the standard for drinking water.

Try playing the game on a PS4 to make a better opinion on it.

Lmao. Just about all people who say this would never be able to tell the difference if they saw the two versions running side by side.

I'd say the Xbox One version at least provides a valid insight as to what it would be like on PS4. So if you're upset with it, Hawk, then I'd stay away from it.

• Like 3

Lmao. Just about all people who say this would never be able to tell the difference if they saw the two versions running side by side.

I'd say the Xbox One version at least provides a valid insight as to what it would be like on PS4. So if you're upset with it, Hawk, then I'd stay away from it.

I have in fact seen the two side by side in person at a friend's house (my friend has the Xbox version and his brother has the PS4 version) and the Xbox version  plays like crap when compared to the PS4 version.

Edit: Fixed a couple of typos.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae

I have in fact seen the two side by side in person at a friend's house (my friend has the Xbox version and his brother has the PS4 version) and the Xbox version  plays like crap when compared to the PS4 version.

Edit: Fixed a couple of typos.

Using that poor excuse of a cablebox that Microsoft calls a "Game Console" as a way a test the quality of a title is like using toilet water as the standard for drinking water.

i agree with this completely not just with this game but all of them even the ones that was originally xbox and was ported like bayonetta looks and acts better on playstation 

Funny you mentioned that. As a European I found it quite remarkable that people in the US drink rainwater from their well and guess what. It's the same water they use to flush their toilets

Keeping that in mind, what's wrong with using toilet water as standard water? I'll bet you wouldn't be able to taste the difference, same goes for comparing the ps4 with the Xbox version

Funny you mentioned that. As a European I found it quite remarkable that people in the US drink rainwater from their well and guess what. It's the same water they use to flush their toilets

Keeping that in mind, what's wrong with using toilet water as standard water? I'll bet you wouldn't be able to taste the difference, same goes for comparing the ps4 with the Xbox version

people fail to actually think when it comes to gaming consoles for the most part its all fanboying or fangirling but the reality is 

lets start with last gen

ps3 has a higher processing capability and uses true high def with blueray aswell as it having a perk which is u can get ps plus and get several free games per month yes its 50 bucks a year but think 60 seconds after u pay ur given 60+ dollors  in games so it pays for itself right off, and has free internet and this is just afew things it has

xbox 360 has an average proccessor uses dvd format with upscaling  this means its using the same disc formatting thats been used for about 2 generatins

which means that it takes multiple disks to give a full game if its a relativly long game aswel as not giving dlcs on disk and if u wanna play with ur friends ur out a monthly or yearly subscription and it does not offer free games as an incentive

ok now current gen

ps4 higher processors, higher ram, over all higher everything except price has a well made controler with motion sence a touch pad easy access headphone jack etc over all everything we asked for and its still coming out with new things

xbox 1 ..... they paid sony for the right to use blueray and has admited to ripping off and ailing to use other consoles features and ideas has a higher price point vastly lower sales and overall just isnt all it wants to be oh and they are adding backward compatibility some may think this is so great heck at one time i thought backward compatibility would be good then i realized something game companies make games every year they make money from initial sales not from resales this is why they port over, remaster, or reboot games from the past so we can play them into the new age and they can keep the doors open and us happy by making xbox backward compatible this means u can buy used old console disks or use urs and this means ur not supporting the companies and if we arnt buying they arnt profiting and no profit means they go under and that means we dont get games

so yes its just like toilet water vs tap water if ur drinking used toilet water

maybe ur not able to see a difference but i can guarentee in those seconds u spend waiting on loading or the lag in playing or those stutters and ctching in sounds and animations its noticable 

Edited by Taliesin_2943

Make no mistake- I love the original version on PC. Recently platinumed it on PS3 too, in fact.

However, my friend just got it on XBox One (he'd never played before) and it isn't looking as awesome as I'd hoped. I was hoping for 60 FPS but that doesn't seem to be the case. The textures and lighting are upscaled, of course, but it looks no better than it did on my PC three years ago and my rig was quite standard. Probably won't buy until it comes down in price. Thoughts?

i bought it on ps4 and it's the same story. frame rate is choppy, textures are upscaled and ugly up close. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but when I hear "definitive edition" I expect a higher quality game and not just a sloppy rerelease. Looking at you Sleeping Dogs and Prototype. It's obviously why they did it though, it's to prepare for the sequel. 

• 11 months later...

I have it on PC too, which I think is obviously the best version of the game, but I waited for a sale and got the Definitive Version on PS4 for like $10. I have no problem playing this game again (beat it on 360 and PC) and I'm only 3 trophies from the Platinum!