Easy Plat

ackendo_

The plat ratio is misleading, if this was thrown up on Plus or was just bought by a few more people, the ratio would go down a decent bit I'd bet. I'm not saying it's hard, it's not, but it's a bit of a grind and most people I'd imagine wouldn't bother with it.

I bought the game on Android forever ago and recently snagged it on PS4 when it went on sale, to their credit, they did a decent job at trying to make it feel less like a phone game, now it just feels like a cheap console game. 

It also makes me desperately regret trading in my PS1 copy of Hydro Thunder years ago. 

Anyway, the trophies are easy, but grindy. Not so grindy that the game gets annoying though, not for me personally anyways. 1 out of 10 difficulty from me.

• Like 2

The plat ratio is misleading, if this was thrown up on Plus or was just bought by a few more people, the ratio would go down a decent bit I'd bet. I'm not saying it's hard, it's not, but it's a bit of a grind and most people I'd imagine wouldn't bother with it.

I bought the game on Android forever ago and recently snagged it on PS4 when it went on sale, to their credit, they did a decent job at trying to make it feel less like a phone game, now it just feels like a cheap console game. 

It also makes me desperately regret trading in my PS1 copy of Hydro Thunder years ago. 

Anyway, the trophies are easy, but grindy. Not so grindy that the game gets annoying though, not for me personally anyways. 1 out of 10 difficulty from me.

I don't think it is a grind, since you only have to get 3 stars in every event (which is not hard at all). It's not like beach buggy racing, where you have to collect 1 million coins or travel 9000+ km (about 2000 races...)

I don't think it is a grind, since you only have to get 3 stars in every event (which is not hard at all). It's not like beach buggy racing, where you have to collect 1 million coins or travel 9000+ km (about 2000 races...)

It's a grind if you suck at jet ski racing then :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have fully upgraded the Mantra already matey thanks

Its a lack of talent on my part rather than in game equipment :)

Have got 157 stars but the last few are beyond my pay grade at the moment

Will stick at it though

edit...finally platted it yay!

Edited by Evertonian
  • Like 2

I'm having fun with this at this game, but the AI difficulty is annoying. Even when you upgrade your vehicles, your opponents are always able to match or beat your pace. I'm up to the 4th set of events so far. I'm hoping that when I eventually buy the best jetski and fully upgrade it, getting 3 stars on everything will be easier.

• 2 months later...

It starts out a bit rough, but once you upgrade the Manta and get a few tricks it becomes a lot easier. I'm actually impressed with what they've done with it. Aside from the mandatory 3 starstructure that plague cheap phone titles nowadays it's actually polished up really well for PS4 and actually looks acceptable on it. Certainly better than a lot of other ports I've seen. It's also reasonably fun for what it is. It's on sale for another couple of days so I recommend picking it up cheap. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Can you tell me if it's cheaper on sales?

It has definitely been cheaper than that. I got it for a couple of £.  

You should check psprices.com, which tracks prices on PSN. You can easily tell there whether the game has been cheaper in the past.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

It has definitely been cheaper than that. I got it for a couple of £.  

You should check psprices.com, which tracks prices on PSN. You can easily tell there whether the game has been cheaper in the past.

Thanks for the website. I hadn't heard of that and it's really helpful.

• Like 2