Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

15 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Record for the phone version is 129k so even if he drop some ranks I think he will be save for top 20~30.

Ahh you found Pak's video lol. I am going to use that team as well but my Accelgor won't be maxed. I'm bringing it to Victini though.

I hope to have some sort of luck. I just want MSU, idc much about RML at the moment. The only pokemon I'd use them on are Absol and maybe Mawile for risk taker.

I've gotten 2 red presents in the last 2 hours. :D 

So I'm already up 20K from when Tropius came online.

Saw someone on reddit call Tropius Day a National Holiday. 

I think I agree with that person.

EDIT:

Up to 3 red presents now. 95K with 3.5 hours left to go.

EDIT2:

Semi-incredible luck tonight. I got to 98K from tropius. Since meowth appeared I decided to do a bad item run against Meloetta because Accelgor and Genesect are only level 1. Managed 48K and then played meowth...9700 coins. O_O the highest I've ever gotten and probably will ever see.

Next item run will most definitely be Gengar as the mega. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Holy crap, your luck just incredibly skyrocketed o.O

Speaking of luck...

I wonder how effective Golden Magikarp or Poliwag would be in the expert stages. The activation rates on Cheer are 60/100/100. Maxing out Cheer makes it 100/100/100 but not really necessary.

Activating Cheer and then activating a fully powered Angry Pikachu or Machamp can probably break those stages. Especially stages where those 2 power houses are SE.

11 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Speaking of luck...

I wonder how effective Golden Magikarp or Poliwag would be in the expert stages. The activation rates on Cheer are 60/100/100. Maxing out Cheer makes it 100/100/100 but not really necessary.

Activating Cheer and then activating a fully powered Angry Pikachu or Machamp can probably break those stages. Especially stages where those 2 power houses are SE.

I wouldn't be so positive about this.

Considering timed stages have low ability activation rate since you can only activate the ability upon match, you never know if Cheer actually helped.

6 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I wouldn't be so positive about this.

Considering timed stages have low ability activation rate since you can only activate the ability upon match, you never know if Cheer actually helped.

It's simple enough though. You just have to be careful that you make 1 match and don't let the combo advance so the next match is Super Bolt or Risk Taker.

Like I said before as an example. Poliwrath has something like 8K HP. One Super Bolt was 4400+ damage. If I could get by the disruptions fast enough with Beedrill, activate Cheer and manage 2 Super Bolts it's over.

I really only care about expert stages at the moment because a few months ago I was reading through the reddit and some people were stating that you can fly through them with just a fully maxed out Machamp. I was able to easily get through Walrein and Mamoswine with him. I just had shit luck catching them. xD 

For the bold. Do you mean to say that the expert stages automatically decrease activation rates? Or that because you can't activate an ability while in a combo the chances of getting an activation are slim? 

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Or that because you can't activate an ability while in a combo the chances of getting an activation are slim? 

This.

If there is actually chance of activating while comboing, it's very slim. 

I don't think I have ever activated ability when I was in the middle of combo.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This.

If there is actually chance of activating while comboing, it's very slim. 

I don't think I have ever activated ability when I was in the middle of combo.

Ahh. As far as I know you cannot activate an ability in the middle of a combo.

However, the Machamp/Angrychu strategy requires you to not make a combo. Just line up a match of 5 which you can do easily. 

The hardest part about Cheer and Angrychu is not accidentally causing a combo. So making the matches on the top row are ideal. I'm hoping the Large Skill Booster pushes Super Bolt from SL4 to SL5. I'm about a tenth of the way there lol.

I'll play around with the combination in the coming months for fun. 72 total S-ranks until I finish all 550 main stages.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Two 10.5K item runs and I keep missing stage 200 by 1000 fcking HP.

Gonna do one last item run with a psychic team instead of a flying team. I'm hoping that MMY, Deoxys, Mew, and Lugia are enough. 

Sky Blast didn't activate at all but Lugia was doing its job well. Shiny Rayquaza just wasn't giving me those 20+ combos it was in the 10 stages prior. <_< naturally.

EDIT:

3rd item run failed with 500 goddamn motherfcking hp left. Went with a team everyone seems to be having luck with but modified because I don't have an OP Azumarill.

I'm actually very irritated with this stage. If I had a jewel I'd be using it right now.

EDIT2:

LMFAO 500 HP AGAIN. This time the very last disruption put rocks RIGHT IN THE FUCKING SPACES BETWEEN TWO DIANCIE SO I HAD ZERO MATCHES TO MAKE WHEREAS I HAD 2 WITHOUT THE ROCKS THERE. Game literally just decided to take a shit on my head.

Guess I'm using a C-1 on 200 making stage 200 alone cost me 56K. (attempts 3 and 4 were 8500 each since I didn't use DD)

EDIT3:

Thankfully the last one for this EB. I'm not making the mistake of not using C-1 on the hopes that my luck turns out. 

I'm a little dismayed that a Large Skill Booster brought Super Bolt from maybe 10-20% to around 50-60%. :jaymon: But it shaves off at least a month or so of needing Eevee's boosters. :D 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You

are

crazy

My brother doesn't get why I play when this game pisses me off like no other game lol.

Skipping meowth for a bit. I'm at 33K, but victini brought mewtwo about halfway to level 17 so I figure ampharos grinding for a bit would be beneficial especially with genesect and accelgor in the team so they are a good level for my 2nd, and final I swear, item run on meloetta.

69 S-ranks to all 550. :D 

@Aexuz Awesome score with Rayquaza. :D better than the 48K I got for sure.

Finally got Mewtwo to level 20. At 130 AP he's stronger than Machamp now. 

I went with Gengar for my final item run. Managed 69K so I'm happy with that. If only Genesect and Accelgor were maxed levels. T_T 

Hoopa was responsible for 10K of that damage alone thanks to 3 RT triggers. 

15 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Aexuz Awesome score with Rayquaza. :D better than the 48K I got for sure.

Finally got Mewtwo to level 20. At 130 AP he's stronger than Machamp now. 

I went with Gengar for my final item run. Managed 69K so I'm happy with that. If only Genesect and Accelgor were maxed levels. T_T 

Hoopa was responsible for 10K of that damage alone thanks to 3 RT triggers. 

First time I tried it I got 49K but decided to try a second and last time and got thant 73k. I'm ranking 4500 right now with 13 hours left before it ends so my chances to make it into the 3rd bracket are really low right now. Not sure what mega to full candy now. I have: Mewtwo, Garchop, Rayquaza, Aggron, Beedril, Gengar, Tyranitar, Shiny Gyarados, Any recommendations or I should wait for a new megas to come up?

4 hours ago, Aexuz said:

First time I tried it I got 49K but decided to try a second and last time and got thant 73k. I'm ranking 4500 right now with 13 hours left before it ends so my chances to make it into the 3rd bracket are really low right now. Not sure what mega to full candy now. I have: Mewtwo, Garchop, Rayquaza, Aggron, Beedril, Gengar, Tyranitar, Shiny Gyarados, Any recommendations or I should wait for a new megas to come up?

Depends on how many MSU you have. A lot of people are going with Shiny Rayquaza because it evolves in 9 icons. It can do a lot of damage to bug/grass stages (whichever one it's SE against lol) because of the disruption clearing ability. I saw some on the reddit using MSU on their Diancie because with SS'ing it to mega boost+ it can evolve in like 2 moves or something, and it was very handy in destroying Keldeo's Boss Stages. Very very small use for it though.

Maybe MMX? I find him being more useful than Lucario and at 130 AP he can rack up damage if the board is wiped so I maxed him out a while ago.

Absol might be preferable to Sharpedo in the Dark category? Sharpedo is stronger though...might even be better than Gengar against Psychic types if there are a lot of disruptions and in an all Dark Sinister Power team.

Maybe Mawile since it can be strong and lead to good combos. I wouldn't do Steelix since I'd rather MS it on a stage that he'd be necessary in.

• Like 1

That new Meloetta stage is something else man lol. (I find a fighting type with Nosedive to be a bit...odd...)

The only 2 megas I read people using are shiny rayquaza or diancie. Some say they can beat it itemless but I'm not wasting coins.

What I'm going to do is hit stage 235 on Keldeo for that free AP^. Then I'll do a +5 and MS on Diancie because of the amount of barriers going on.

Thankfully the safari is a repeat with nothing new added. Gonna be a nice smooth week of stage 37 lol.

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

That new Meloetta stage is something else man lol. (I find a fighting type with Nosedive to be a bit...odd...)

The only 2 megas I read people using are shiny rayquaza or diancie. Some say they can beat it itemless but I'm not wasting coins.

What I'm going to do is hit stage 235 on Keldeo for that free AP^. Then I'll do a +5 and MS on Diancie because of the amount of barriers going on.

Thankfully the safari is a repeat with nothing new added. Gonna be a nice smooth week of stage 37 lol.

I used attack power and disruption delay for Meloetta with mega Mewtwo and capture him at 33%. 500 coins per run is a bit too much too waste in many tries I think. Still not really sure what mega full candy there are many good options but not one I'm completely certain about. I currently have 9 mega speeds and maybe 3 more if I'm lucky with the last competitive stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aexuz said:

I used attack power and disruption delay for Meloetta with mega Mewtwo and capture him at 33%. 500 coins per run is a bit too much too waste in many tries I think. Still not really sure what mega full candy there are many good options but not one I'm completely certain about. I currently have 9 mega speeds and maybe 3 more if I'm lucky with the last competitive stage.

DD and MMY would probably be a good strategy. I'd have to throw in an MS because I don't trust Unown to activate when I need him to. Maybe I'll rethink Diancie...the heavy disruptions don't happen until a bit later and could be a gamble.

Honestly it's probably best to wait on using your MSU. There are still a few pokemon in our inventory with mega options that we haven't seen yet I believe.