Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

56 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Pokemon shuffle giving up 2 free jewels?? I'm not used to this kindness :blink:

So any good options for max raise level or swapp with the new update? Haven't read the reddit thread yet.

It really depends on your tastes and how far you're willing to go for raising levels for certain pokemon.

Avalugg can be raised to 15 as well as skill swapped for that Flash Mob.

Steelix can be swapped to Flash Mob. On an all steel team that could be handy since you'd likely use Mawile, Jirachi, Steelix and Dialga. (or even Cobalion)

Angry, Sleeping, Spooky and maybe Holiday Pikachu all to be raised to level 20.

Dialga and Palkia can be raised to level 15.

Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Muk can be raised to 15.

Shiny Gyarados, Swampert, Sceptile and Beedrill can all be raised to level 13. While not worth it at all for Swampert because of Shiny Gyarados, Sceptile might benefit from it. 

I personally used my 3 RML on Beedrill. The little added attack power should actually help out A LOT on fairy stages and especially in survival mode. <_< 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It really depends on your tastes and how far you're willing to go for raising levels for certain pokemon.

Avalugg can be raised to 15 as well as skill swapped for that Flash Mob.

Steelix can be swapped to Flash Mob. On an all steel team that could be handy since you'd likely use Mawile, Jirachi, Steelix and Dialga. (or even Cobalion)

Angry, Sleeping, Spooky and maybe Holiday Pikachu all to be raised to level 20.

Dialga and Palkia can be raised to level 15.

Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Muk can be raised to 15.

Shiny Gyarados, Swampert, Sceptile and Beedrill can all be raised to level 13. While not worth it at all for Swampert because of Shiny Gyarados, Sceptile might benefit from it. 

I personally used my 3 RML on Beedrill. The little added attack power should actually help out A LOT on fairy stages and especially in survival mode. <_< 

Thanks for the info. I may use it on Beedril too. I'd like to try survival mode soon. Which is the ideal team for this mode?

6 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Thanks for the info. I may use it on Beedril too. I'd like to try survival mode soon. Which is the ideal team for this mode?

You must not have read my recent tale of woe concerning that mode. :D

It seems that people are farming the piss out of Survival with Beedrill, Hoopa-U, Landorus-T, and Machamp.

All SL5 and Machamp at level 20. Beedrill needs to be fully candied for the 1 turn evolution. Helps a fuckton on Raichu, Zoroark, Mega Gengar, Mega Ampharos, Ampharos, and actually very little on Mega Mewtwo Y at stage 50. <_< 

Although, there was a thread on reddit explaining that with Shiny Gyarados fully candied and Keldeo maxed out in level and Flash Mob can deal ungodly amounts of damage on a full water team. The only stage being a problem is Raichu with that set up I think.

Holy shit poison lasts for 7 turns. :o Guess my next SS is going to a pokemon that can cause it.

Also, poison pact will increase that damage further. Poison Gengar might actually find himself a use. :dunno: Huge investment though.

Poison Pact       Increases damage done by Poison types by 20% in the combo.     40% 60% 80%  
Poison Leaves the foe poisoned.     10% 40% 70%

14 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'll be frank. 

That status is shit. 

Sure, 7 moves is tempting but the additional attributes are weak. It does not delay disruption and it boosts damage of type that is almost as useless as Flying xD

Dunno about you, but I'm not going to do a full Poison team xD

I get it. I think people who do this are probably those that are pretty much done with the game and are bored. That's the reason I'd do it. I'd never candy poison gengar though until pretty much all the other useful megas were done since I already have Beedrill. I look at poison pact like dancing dragons and the rest of those abilities. Circumstantial at best but can have their uses. I'm mainly getting by the boss stages on Latias because of Dancing Dragons and Beedrill.

I...already have a full poison team technically...fairy types are the only ones where I do not have a fully functional team lol. (Ice being my 2nd weakest team)

23 hours ago, Aexuz said:

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/5rg88f/ice_team_supremacy/

Thoughts? I had thought of making Avalugg into a Flash Mob pokemon, and maxing out Snorunt wouldn't be too much of a problem. It's a huge investment to farm Snorunt and Glalie but it just might be worth it. :D With 2 jewels I could easily bring Snorunt and Avalugg to a maxed out level with victini.

Problem is...I really want to finish the main stages first lmfao. Farming Glalie is tempting as fck though...I love activating Chill. (he's one of my more used pokemon against Dragons.)

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/5rg88f/ice_team_supremacy/

Thoughts? I had thought of making Avalugg into a Flash Mob pokemon, and maxing out Snorunt wouldn't be too much of a problem. It's a huge investment to farm Snorunt and Glalie but it just might be worth it. :D With 2 jewels I could easily bring Snorunt and Avalugg to a maxed out level with victini.

Problem is...I really want to finish the main stages first lmfao. Farming Glalie is tempting as fck though...I love activating Chill. (he's one of my more used pokemon against Dragons.)

Sounds great. I may eventualy go for it. The problem is I  already run out of Max Raise levels but I think I have like 7 Skill Swapps so I will at least change those for now.

Just now, Aexuz said:

Sounds great. I may eventualy go for it. The problem is I  already run out of Max Raise levels but I think I have like 7 Skill Swapps so I will at least change those for now.

I ran out when I put them on Beedrill yesterday. Damn that's a lot of SS. I have 2 at the moment. 

How are you faring against Latias? I found it funny that I failed stage 25 using an MS on rayquaza but I've beaten 25, 50, and 75 itemless with Beedrill, Dragonite, Zygarde, and Black Kyurem. Stage 100 will require items though. 42.5K health is way too much for Beedrill to handle lol.

If I cared to spend 30K I could maybe get to 200...gotta save money for an item run on gyarados and finally finish up the last 13 stages of Desert Umbra.

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I ran out when I put them on Beedrill yesterday. Damn that's a lot of SS. I have 2 at the moment. 

How are you faring against Latias? I found it funny that I failed stage 25 using an MS on rayquaza but I've beaten 25, 50, and 75 itemless with Beedrill, Dragonite, Zygarde, and Black Kyurem. Stage 100 will require items though. 42.5K health is way too much for Beedrill to handle lol.

If I cared to spend 30K I could maybe get to 200...gotta save money for an item run on gyarados and finally finish up the last 13 stages of Desert Umbra.

I'm using Latias, Zygarde, Kyurem and Diancie for the barrier bash ability. I used a disruption delay on level 25 and finished with 7 turns left. I will try beating 50. Is it as hard as 25?

2 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I'm using Latias, Zygarde, Kyurem and Diancie for the barrier bash ability. I used a disruption delay on level 25 and finished with 7 turns left. I will try beating 50. Is it as hard as 25?

So far as I can tell each boss stage is the exact same. The only difference is the HP count. 25 had 18,041 and 50 has 18,826. 

Stage 70 has 20,479

Stage 100 has 42,504. Will be doing this stage with Rayquaza, Diancie, Kyurem, and Xerneas. AP^, DD, and MS. Throw in the free +5 moves from an earlier stage too maybe.

Saved myself 20K coins by using a jewel to buy all items on Latias stage 150. :D 

I'd read that the stage is a nightmare and C-1 is basically a must if you're unlucky. (happens to be my middle name btw)

Won with 9 moves left. 5th support would have been Goomy. Would have had 4 moves left without the +5.

Tyranitar is now 12/15 so if I can place high enough in the mega event I can finish out Tyranitar! 

EDIT:

Of the few time I attempted the mega competition I never saw Bellossom once as a disruption. 

I did manage a nice little score of 54K though. That should most definitely hold me to the 3rd spot by the competition's end. :D 

Could have had a little more but Tyranitar matched on the last move and I panicked as to where to tap. :facepalm: 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Got more coins than I expected from that jewel.

5300 - initial turn
8100 - I think this might be my highest? I might have gotten 8200 or something like that once.

It was a decent enough haul for me to finally be done with S-ranking the last 13 stages I needed in Desert Umbra. Well...I'm going to keep trying Jynx itemless since those last 13 stages took 30K to S-rank. :P Still need to catch 2 more pokemon from this area but since they are S-ranked I can do that at any time.

EDIT:

Absolutely devastated right now. After a few tries of trying to beat Jynx itemless it was clear to me that I wasn't going to have that kind of luck. I tried 3 separate teams. 1 team with MS, +5. Another team MS, +5. For my final team I went with an all fire heavy hitting team with +5, MS, and DD. 12,500 coins. Over a day's worth of grinding out stage 37.

I CAN'T FUCKIN S-RANK JYNX WITH THAT? I mean wtf is going on that those 3 items on a team of Charizard (105ap), Talonflame(105ap), Ho-oh(100ap/Pyre), Reshiram(100ap) can't S-rank a stage? It really pisses me off to no end to see people with lesser teams taking shit like this out with less items or even itemless.

EDIT2:

Same team same items. Missed by 2 moves instead of 1 move from last time.

At 22K coins I'm just going to have to use a fcking C-1 and hope I don't break my phone into a million pieces afterwards.

Going to take me over a week to build my coins back up.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

• 2 weeks later...

I had to use the free unlimited hearts trial to finally find Shiny Ray. Just entering and quiting inmediatly. When I had 3 minutes left he showed up. Now I need to get back to coin grind and try a couple of times the competitive challenge and see how it goes. I'm waiting for Victini to level up some of the recommended pokemon for this event.

5 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I had to use the free unlimited hearts trial to finally find Shiny Ray. Just entering and quiting inmediatly. When I had 3 minutes left he showed up. Now I need to get back to coin grind and try a couple of times the competitive challenge and see how it goes. I'm waiting for Victini to level up some of the recommended pokemon for this event.

I was shiny with Ray =D He appeared on my first heart today and I got him immediately =D

Sandslash is starting to piss me off. Couldn't capture him, okay, super catch power on 91%, okay, GB, that bastard broke it. Since I had no more coins, I had to give up.

On the next attempt, once again, super catch power.

THIS TIME FREAKING MAX AND I HAD NO COINS FOR GB!

Took me around 70 hearts to find shiny rayquaza. I had captured everything except him and linoone (dumbest stage they've released) so I brought a specialized team for it. Captured it first time with a 96% SCR. Linoone required another specialized team. 

Only went to 50 on Volcanion. Both boss stages are doable itemless. (up to that point at least)

First attempt at Mega Gardevoir got me 67K so I'll likely just keep that score and hope I stay in at least the 3rd prize section. People flew through the main stages to get Mega Aggron for this event. I probably won't be doing the main stages for a while. 

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

dumbest stage they've released

SO 
FREAKING
AGREED.

I'm also planning to use special team for him after I get the damned Sandslash.

Overall, this safari is ultra stupid. Not to mention combining this with EB and Mega Competition is overkill.

I hope to get at least one Speedup so I can wrap up Tyranitar and then find a new Mega to boost.

I may actually go for Amphy since there doesn't seem to be any more useful Electric type in foreseeable future.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

10 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

SO 
FREAKING
AGREED.

I'm also planning to use special team for him after I get the damned Sandslash.

Overall, this safari is ultra stupid. Not to mention combining this with EB and Mega Competition is overkill.

I hope to get at least one Speedup so I can wrap up Tyranitar and then find a new Mega to boost.

I may actually go for Amphy since there doesn't seem to be any more useful Electric type in foreseeable future.

My team was Beedrill, Machamp, and Gallade. I actually beat the stage in 1 move and never got a chance to evolve Beedrill. <_< Machamp's Risk Taker made ferret burgers out of linoone.

I just finished up Tyranitar. I'm now going to work on MMX for MSU and RML.

As much as I like Ampharos over Manectric because of Mega Boost, Manectric's mega ability is still the better one because it won't cross over itself.

I wish I could take away Garchomp's MSU and put them on Camerupt.

Done just about as much of Violetta Palace as I can itemless. There's a couple stages left I can probably do but fate is not being kind to me.

Have 16 stages left to S-rank and 26 left to catch. Not worried about catching anything I just want the S-ranks done for all main stages. At 35K coins though I need to build up again because the last 16 are going to require a lot. I'm at 415/550 S-ranks. -_- Managed to catch Walrein and Mamoswine though. :D Machamp dealing 3000+ damage helps out a lot.

Blau Salon and Graucus Hall have 41 S-ranks to be gotten each...*sigh*

Not even going to bother with the new main stages.