Ridiculous Difficulty Spike?! *spoilers*

m0nst3rG4m3r007

The main thing that I found challenging during the last section of the game was jumping over those drills with wheels. I found the final boss to be no more challenging than the other bosses on the game. It did take me a few tries, but once you learn his pattern, the battle isn't really too difficult. Its mostly about timing and avoiding those blades during the part of the fight where he's attacking from the throne.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm torn about this game because on the difficulty spike is appropriate if you're not going for the platinum. If you are looking to get all the scrolls, then you will have to be patient and be comfortable with frustrating failure. That's when the difficulty spike can be significant.

The boss fights are easy once you figure out the pattern. Most of the platforming can be explained through youtube videos if you're struggling. There are two or three scrolls that I had to try really hard to get and I feel that some will be easy or hard depending on your skill level. I'm terrible at platforming games, but I do get better with practice. Sometimes I had to take a break and that helped from getting too frustrated. The game is okay; the graphics, sound and level design are good, but there's not much of a story here and I will likely remember it for the frustrations that those few scrolls gave me, rather than the positives.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The only scroll that I found difficult was the one where you had to fly through the electric fences before it made it to the top of the lift. There are a handful of others that are tricky. You just need to practice and be patient.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7-12-2015 at 5:04 PM, merciful84 said:

The main thing that I found challenging during the last section of the game was jumping over those drills with wheels.

Exactly what I struggled with. Thought it was a very fun game though.

On 27-1-2017 at 5:48 PM, TerminalPhoenix said:

I'm torn about this game because on the difficulty spike is appropriate if you're not going for the platinum. If you are looking to get all the scrolls, then you will have to be patient and be comfortable with frustrating failure. That's when the difficulty spike can be significant.

Mèh, going for the platinum is not that much tougher than getting through the game. You don't even have to get to the final boss for the platinum...

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 7 months later...
On 9/3/2015 at 7:39 PM, slash said:

I find it really funny that you can platinum this game before finishing it, since all trophies are linked to the scrolls. 

I'll admit it....I plat'd it but I never beat it....I kind of lost interest... :/

Same thing. I didn't have the will to continue, I got the final scroll and deleted the game completely. I honestly think this could have been a better game, it had more potential but I don't like games that make you do certain things by perfecting jumps or moves. So if you mess up in some parts, gotta start again. By the way, the ending was kinda silly. 

• 1 month later...

I have made the mistake of choosing to play it through on the vita

If you don't want to add a difficulty spike then use the ps3 or 4 variety

getting there but the walkthrough video shows an ability to jump higher and further than it seems possible using the vita controls and that's making passing some parts maddening

I played it solely on the Vita as well and did not experience much of a difficulty spike, but just overall lackluster controls that may become more apparent in boss fights or trying to get certain scrolls. I did not enjoy the game as much as I thought I would, but I don't think playing it on PS3 or PS4 would have cured that :)

Edit: plus I kinda detest 'boss fights' where you are not actually using any skill other than patience to learn its pattern and dying 100 times in the process. Sorry game makers, I know you probably try hard...

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2015 at 2:04 AM, merciful84 said:

The main thing that I found challenging during the last section of the game was jumping over those drills with wheels. I found the final boss to be no more challenging than the other bosses on the game. It did take me a few tries, but once you learn his pattern, the battle isn't really too difficult. Its mostly about timing and avoiding those blades during the part of the fight where he's attacking from the throne.

Could not agree more...

I like this game and the soundtrack is top notch,

but i don't get the high completion rating.

This bitch is hard.

?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 04/09/2015 at 6:50 PM, m0nst3rG4m3r007 said:

I finally beat the boss this morning and I love the ending so guys it's worth it, someone said near the top just figure out the patterns that what I did and I beat it this morning!

Just beat the final boss and apart from the last, faster pattern of the crown and "spikes" he's not hard. Timing is essential throughout most of the fight and that one hard pert can be beaten after a couple tries. My small advice on this is to try staying on the outer sides of the area, while avoiding the crown. When those rotating "spikes" are pointed up, that's when it's quite safe to teleport to the center.

The game has some creative ways of using magnetic fields but physics don't follow the idea unfortunately :/ They should have been tweaked a little. There's a lot of trial and error, plus some cheap moments but I wouldn't rate it as a hard game. I'm disappointed cause I was hoping for a very climatic title, yet Teslagrad isn't solid in that area. The theme is a mix of fantasy and sci-fi which makes it a steampunk genre. It doesn't fit the game too well IMHO. 2D and 3D graphics also makes it a little bit odd to look at. It basically hard to submerge yourself in the world they've created. There's also a lot of backtracking as it's an open world game. Story is ok at best but it's not told in an interesting way. I was very disappointed.