Annualized Sports Games

noahc66

For those of you who play sports games, wouldn't you prefer it if you could just buy one game, and then each year you could buy a $5-$10 DLC pack of updated team rosters. I know EA is a greedy pos company and will probably never do this, but from a consumer/gamer perspective doesn't it make more sense? After every 2 or 3 years they could then release another full-priced new game will more game modes and better graphics.

I don't play these games, so tell me if there is a problem with this idea.

(And once again I know it won't happen because EA (Electronic A-Holes) will only do what makes them the most $$$$$$$$$).

EA will never do this, because this will earn them more money. Do you by this mean they should keep the servers up too? Because that's an extra expense. Less money + more expenses + happier customers = EA saying no thanks.

Edited by MMDE

Yeah, I don't think anybody is really all too thrilled about having to buy a new game, just to keep up to date every year, but you can't really get too mad at EA (and others) for it. They're a firm and their only goal is to maintain maximum profit, and selling an entirely new game every year with updated kits and closing servers on the old one encourages people to buy the new one, and earns them money. It's just the way the world works, and I don't see this changing any time soon.

On the other hand, I believe 'Don Bradmon Cricket' and the upcoming 'Rugby Challenge 3' have an online function that allows users to upload squads and players for others to download, so as long as the online community has some dedicated people, people can update the squads and players through that. However, I doubt that this will be implemented into sports games with a much bigger audience, (and if it were, I suppose that the online functionality would be shut down anyway when the new game comes out) for as we all know; money makes the world go round.

I totally wish they would do this ...... I have all the Tiger Woods PGA tour games and recently got the current instalment Rory Mcilroy one and it is dreadful .... A real backwards step.

What is really scary is EA have said that this is going to be the last release for awhile so now we are stuck with a crappy basis for any future expansion.

Generally, when a company makes a new game in the same franchise every year it just shows they're far more concerned with profit than with putting out a decent game. That's why I quit Assassin's Creed - it was more of the same every year. Not to mention it lost its reason to exist after III.

Generally, when a company makes a new game in the same franchise every year it just shows they're far more concerned with profit than with putting out a decent game. That's why I quit Assassin's Creed - it was more of the same every year. Not to mention it lost its reason to exist after III.

Agree. Assassin's Creed did it after III, Call of Duty and Battlefield did it years ago. The annual sports games are bullshit. The last Fifa I bought was 13 and just tried out the 16 demo. Still, players are bad at reacting to the passes and goalies stand next to the ball just staring at it.

As long as people keep buying, they'll keep selling. Your suggestion is good but EA would have to stop being greedy and that ain't happening.

I've never been one for the annual sports games though Fifa 15 was pretty good. Prefer the way Tru-Blu releases the Rugby League games, make you want them and not be sure if there will be a sequel.

Best to buy every 3 years....they rarely made any improvements each year. Just skin addition...sometimes it a negative addition like taking away game features.

NHL15 taking game modes out of game...probably because they can add it in NHL16. It was funny how most of us Canadians got pissed. In a span on 3 months....NHL 15 was selling for 10 bucks here.

Because nobody bought their crap.