Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

On 4/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, Valyrious said:

For anyone that has progressed through June (social studies trip)... 

Reveal hidden contents

Did anybody catch the hint when Goro came up to the group and asked the team if he heard them talking about pancakes? This is some of the best foreshadowing I've ever seen in a game, because nobody mentioned pancakes at that moment except for Morgana.

All you hear is that this game is oozing with style and the art is amazing and blah blah blah. I think the writing is in a league of it's own.

Quoting my own spoiler... don't read unless you're on the seventh palace in December.

Spoiler

It was somewhat obvious to anyone that pays attention that Goro was suspicious from the getgo. Especially after P4. What I didn't expect was that Morgana himself actually noticed it as well. Their plan to bust Goro, and set him up with killing the cognitive MC was nothing short of brilliant. The entire 20 or so minutes that it took to show everything, I had goosebumps all over my body. This game is just on a whole different level.

Welp, I REALLY should start the seventh palace today. I have a feeling more surprises are in store for me.

7 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Quoting my own spoiler... don't read unless you're on the seventh palace in December.

Oh yea, oh yea =D

7 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Welp, I REALLY should start the seventh palace today. I have a feeling more surprises are in store for me.

Definitely. Definitely.

16 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's not Japanese :awesome: 

'Amazing' English dub is always inferior to Japanese and especially P5 cast =D

Nah, seriously. The characters are Japanese, the setting is freaking Tokyo, there is literally no reason to play in dub =D

Since with P4G you had no option, it's obvious people would play mute with dub but if you have an option, there's no reason to play dub :P

I didn't, i loved the P4G dub. I never ever go sub unless there isn't a dub like Nights of Azure which I was disappointed with no dub but still liked it. I just had the TV on low volume. 

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

I actually like the English dub a lot, the voices are really fitting. Especially Akechi's voice actor is top-notch, and when you know he also voiced Prompto in FFXV then his voice acting is even better.

However, I'll do my second playthrough with Japanese dub so I can compare both dub versions. Pretty sure I'll miss English Akechi though :P 

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHA. The plot twist at the very end of the game. I think people are going to enjoy it, and some may feel like idiots based on their reservations prior to the game releasing.

All that stands before me from completing the game is the final boss, and a headache.

Edited by Valyrious

38 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

AHAHAHAHA. The plot twist at the very end of the game. I think people are going to enjoy it, and some may feel like idiots based on their reservations prior to the game releasing.

All that stands before me from completing the game is the final boss, and a headache.

Oh yea, Atlus did it again :D

7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh yea, Atlus did it again :D

Quite possibly the best troll job ever!

Sucks for those that aren't playing on the English dub. You miss out on such a good troll job. 

I'm especially thankful that I decided to do English for the first playthrough, and Japanese for the second. Definitely rewarded just for that by itself. :)

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You can read the dub :P

Japanese cast for da win :P

For some reason, I can't get English subtitles to work on the anime cutscenes of the game. It's a major turn off for me to play it in the native language. 

Plus, this is the best English dub I've heard since Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I can name on one hand the animes/video games that have a good English dub. So it's pretty rare for me to enjoy them.

Still gonna give it a go in Japanese though.

3 hours ago, Eraezr said:

I'm impressed by Futaba's English VA. Her voice is not what I expected - in a good way.

The others are also good, but Futaba's is a tad remarkable.

She was the only one I heard (I watched her Rank 10 non-romantic event) and...

she sounds so bad =D Like... totally not Futaba-like o.O

47 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Ok, we are fully aware now that you don't like the English dub :awesome:

Edited by Izularia
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

English voice for futaba was fine imo.

I'm just guessing you're more used to hearing the JP voice so it feels jarring when you hear a different voice from the same character.

46 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

I'm just guessing you're more used to hearing the JP voice so it feels jarring when you hear a different voice from the same character.

There's another thing.

Aoi Yuuki is the only true Futaba. :P

Her English VA doesn't even try being Futaba. She just interprets her as teenager instead of properly as hiki loli :awesome: 

Since we touched the infinite war again :awesome: 

http://www.personaproblems.com/

This was a fun read =D

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Her English VA doesn't even try being Futaba. She just interprets her as teenager instead of properly as hiki loli :awesome: 

Which is fine because she is a teenager.

This was a fun read =D

P5 localization isn't perfect, but they're more than serviceable and without any glaring 4kids level idiocy. Even with those mistakes (which feel more like nitpicks than anything fatal) that the site points out, you can make out what's happening without being anal about fine grammatical details.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

There's too much dub support in this thread :P I guess I'll have to balance it out a bit. Seriously though, I don't really care what other people prefer.

16 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Aoi Yuuki is the only true Futaba. :P

I couldn't agree more with this. Whoever was responsible for casting (be it one person or a group of people) decided that Aoi Yuuki was best fit to play the role of Futaba. I seriously doubt that the developers had much input (or even cared) about the dub. The same could be said for most dubs in general.

...not that I need to tell you any of this, though. In fact, you probably know more about how all this works than I do. 

This was a fun read =D

I'm not surprised that something like this exists already. Half-assed and inconsistent inclusion of the honorifics, "first name, last name" order, and sometimes translating Japanese words, but sometimes not for seemingly no reason (manga and bento are two examples) are a few I noticed.

11 hours ago, Eraezr said:

I'm impressed by Futaba's English VA. Her voice is not what I expected - in a good way.

The others are also good, but Futaba's is a tad remarkable.

Indeed. I expected that "innocent little onee-chan" voice, if you know what I mean. But in the end it was perfect! 

In most cases, I hate english dub in JRPGs and Japan games overall but they absolutely nailed it here.

Spoiler

Fake Igor`s voice was awesome. Wish they made it default for the real one. "Myyyy myyyyyyyy...." 

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This was a fun read =D

Speaking of pages... did you see this one? 

http://phansite.net

Edited by Lowlliet

11 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

There's too much dub support in this thread :P I guess I'll have to balance it out a bit.

Thank you! Finally someone! =D

11 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I'm not surprised that something like this exists already. Half-assed and inconsistent inclusion of the honorifics, "first name, last name" order, and sometimes translating Japanese words, but sometimes not for seemingly no reason (manga and bento are two examples) are a few I noticed.

Yea, the inconsistency was bad. Everything should have been left in Japanese :awesome: 

10 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Speaking of pages... did you see this one? 

http://phansite.net

LOL! Brilliant! :D

Futaba-tan always just :awesome: No matter she does, I will always support her :awesome: 

11 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Which is fine because she is a teenager

Nope, nope, nope, she is a true loli. :awesome:

The only thing i dont like about this game is Chariot Confidant insta-kill ability.

Here i am in the last area before the final boss trying to farm some money, my characters are all Lv.99 so, an ambush insta-kills the enemies and i get nothing.

If i start the battle normally the enemies always get the 1st turn, Kali usually uses Vorpal Blade and when she lands a crit she uses Tentarafoo and always at least one character gets confused and, when confused the characters start throwing money away.

So instead of farming money sometimes i lose money.

if only i had enough confuse-null acessories. ?

If only we could turn off the insta-kill ability. ?

Edited by GrayFT

10 hours ago, GrayFT said:

The only thing i dont like about this game is Chariot Confidant insta-kill ability.

Here i am in the last area before the final boss trying to farm some money, my characters are all Lv.99 so, an ambush insta-kills the enemies and i get nothing.

If i start the battle normally the enemies always get the 1st turn, Kali usually uses Vorpal Blade and when she lands a crit she uses Tentarafoo and always at least one character gets confused and, when confused the characters start throwing money away.

So instead of farming money sometimes i lose money.

if only i had enough confuse-null acessories. 1f62c.png

If only we could turn off the insta-kill ability. 1f62d.png

Just use Confusion farming yourself. Easier than grinding money normally.

I didn't actually use it as I had more than enough, but it's definitely effective.

13 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

I guess you have a point.

1493071344001.gif

Hide contents

in real life too. cute tho

1493079332905.gif

AOI!
AOI!
AOI!
AOI!
AOI!

Well, that's 145cm of pure cuteness :awesome: