Lego Dimensions-Trophy Thoughts?

xKrAzY_8sx

"Lego Dimensions Trophy List Discussion". Nice, easy, informative title. Tells me what the subject of the thread is and what game it's for without wasting my time clicking the link only to find out it's not for a game I'm interested in. "Trophy Thoughts?" just wastes my time, and makes people say "Not another one of these threads with that fucking title".

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

"Lego Dimensions Trophy List Discussion". Nice, easy, informative title. Tells me what the subject of the thread is and what game it's for without wasting my time clicking the link only to find out it's not for a game I'm interested in. "Trophy Thoughts?" just wastes my time, and makes people say "Not another one of these threads with that fucking title".

Before you click on the thread you can CLEARLY see " In LEGO DIMENSIONS " if your not interested don't click on it.

• Like 3

Before you click on the thread you can CLEARLY see " In LEGO DIMENSIONS " if your not interested don't click on it.

No, it doesn't. This is what I'm talking about:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/617/21449907390_c011d02298_o.png

What game is that for? Who knows, till you click and find out. If you're going to post a thread, make a clear title.

Edited by damon8r351

Was expecting the DLC trophies since they announced that on Twitter in advance (and the trophy list was up on Exophase some days ago). Might have saved some people some money if they got pre-orders cancelled in advance.

On one hand, I don't think there should have been DLC trophies since they cost a lot of money (it'll be below 300 dollars total for everything by the time the 6th level pack releases - not counting sales/later price reductions) and on the other hand I know a lot of people will appreciate them (I've seen many people complain about the lack of them as incentive/bonus for those who purchased Disney Infinity level packs).

No, it doesn't. This is what I'm talking about:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/617/21449907390_c011d02298_o.png

What game is that for? Who knows, till you click and find out. If you're going to post a thread, make a clear title.

The only clear one on your screenshot is the one for DA: Inquisition anyways :P The rest are just as unclear. But yeah, you've made your hate of these topic titles clear in the past and I guess you will in the future as well if people don't start changing them up. Not a problem to me personally since I always use the "New content" section instead of relying on the small "Recent Topics" side thingy, but I do understand why you're not okay with them ^^

The only clear one on your screenshot is the one for DA: Inquisition anyways :P The rest are just as unclear. But yeah, you've made your hate of these topic titles clear in the past and I guess you will in the future as well if people don't start changing them up. Not a problem to me personally since I always use the "New content" section instead of relying on the small "Recent Topics" side thingy, but I do understand why you're not okay with them ^^

I have a general and deeply abiding dislike for the substandard way people title threads overall, but I have a special dislike for "Thoughts on trophies?" and any variation on that theme, because if I wanted to bring up the topic through the search engine, I'd never find it or find dozens of identically titled ones. Instead I'm expected to navigate through the game threads. All my thread titles are written to tell you the content of the thread in a few words and to make it simpler to find it through the search engine. That comes from my background of using technical manuals for my job for the last 15 years, and needing to look up information quickly. If that makes me a cynical wanker to suggest a more efficient way of titling a thread, then yes I'm a cynical wanker. A cynical wanker tired of people saying "If you'd the search function..." then when I try to find that something using the most logical words I can think to type in, I have to root around way longer than I need to because people title threads with things like "What do you think?" or "Thoughts on trophies". I probably expect too much from this website. :P

• Like 1

Well this thread escalated quickly xD

For those who don't check these "Trophy Thoughts" threads out much, damon8r simply just doesn't like unoriginal titles and makes jokes about trying to improve them regularly - I think this one appeared too serious to people though who don't know the context, lol :P

Edited by BlindMango

You know, as I read through this I went through a few stages.

1 I thought you were a bit over the top and dickish.

2 I thought other people were being over the top and dickish.

3 I realized you're absolutely right and it's not at all hard to name your topic "Lego Dimensions - Trophy Discussion" or thoughts or whatever.

Granted, everywhere else on the site, you can see clearly what game the list is linked too, but when you mentioned the search filter that's what hammered it home for me. If you saw a funny comment in a trophy thread but couldn't remember the game and went looking for it later, you'd never find it, because of this.

As for the trophies. It's a fucking Lego game. There's nothing new to be thought, beat the levels, upgrade some shit, the end. At least they had the decency to keep the DLC things out of the main set, I'd never give in to pay the ridiculous amount of money this game wants (around $200 I've seen here, and that's not even everything), but I'd be even more annoyed if to platinum it I had to go out and spend more.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting 'till someone makes a thread "One trophy thoughts thread dedicated to damon".

I would have done it, but no worthy games so far :awesome:

Anyways, on this... if DLCs are included... why are they DLC trophies...? Wtf...

The trophies are for the 3 level packs that are coming at release. They are seperate from the starter pack. I assume they might do similar trophies for future level packs. It is only 3 added trophies per level pack, which actually isn't as bad as it could be.

The trophies are for the 3 level packs that are coming at release. They are seperate from the starter pack. I assume they might do similar trophies for future level packs. It is only 3 added trophies per level pack, which actually isn't as bad as it could be.

I'm actually disappointed that there are only 3 trophies per story pack. I would have preferred 10-12 trophies per pack, giving you better value for money.

• 2 weeks later...