Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Winner announced

I told my brother about this contest I'm putting together and he would like to join. He didn't get into trophy hunting until he got a PS4 and we started playing Destiny together. Since then every Tuesday and Thursday we play something together. Since he started trophy hunting, He's got the plat in STFU, Destiny and Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition. He's also 100% Skulls of the shogun and Tomb raider and the temple of Osiris.

I'm wondering if anyone has a problem with him joining because he doesn't meet the current requirements? If you do, that's fine, he will try to get to the 11 plat/100% before then but it's going to just be easy games so what's the point or atleast that is my opinion.

Anyone have any issues with that? and don't worry..I won't take any offense to you guys saying no,,,we all need to agree on everything else so this should also be a group decision.

No problems at all, heck I only started hunting this year too.

I am interested

Added to the participants list.

We're currently 8 strong. Maybe 9 if a buddy joins.

Alright. I want to start the process of voting on a different theme each month. I know we only have 8 so far, but things need to start getting into place for so people can start PM me games. I've started a list of the the different type of game themes/genres I'm aware of. If there are more you want to add to the list, please feel free to do so. Remember this a group decision on what gets played/voted on. Once the list is "complete" (meaning no one has a different them they want to add to it) we will vote for which stay and which go. Once we have the 11 themes chosen, I will randomly get them in order and we will start picking games based on the 1st months theme, second, third ...etc. until we have the full list of 11 games. I think I will have everyone send me 1 game per theme they would like to play and I'll go through and see what we can and can't based on participants percentages. When I have the list of possible games, we'll vote.

Themes:

Beat 'em up/Hack and slash

Fighting Games -

Platformer

First Person Shooter

Third person shooter

Rail shooter

Survival horror

Stealth game

Point and click

RPG – Tactical, strategy, turn based, action, western

Sports

Trivia

Music/rhythm

Board/Card

Edited by the_couchster

Themes:

Fighting Games -

Platformer

First Person Shooter

Third person shooter

Rail shooter

Survival horror

Stealth game

Point and click

RPG – Tactical, strategy, turn based, action, western

Sports

Trivia

Music/rhythm

Board/Card

Not a participant but "racing games" are another theme/genre. Unless you are including them in "Sports" I guess. Hope the event goes well. It sounds like a really interesting idea, just too much of a time/money commitment for me right now.

Not a participant but "racing games" are another theme/genre. Unless you are including them in "Sports" I guess. Hope the event goes well. It sounds like a really interesting idea, just too much of a time/money commitment for me right now.

Nah, just slipped my mind.

Thanks

Just some edits (in bold) that I'd make

Fighting Games 

Platformers

First Person Shooter

Third person shooter

Rail shooter 

Survival horror - Just call it Horror so any Horror game could fit

Stealth

RPG

Sports

Music/rhythm

Point and click

Trivia

Board/Card

I'm unsure about these two genres, as I am assuming we want games that last most of a month, I'm not sure if there're any Trivia or Board games that cut it. Not to mention most can be exploited with local play second controllers and all that.

Other than that, it's fine :) How do you think we'll/you'll pick games though? Will each participant get assigned 1 genre to assign 12 games too? Or will each participant get to assign one game to 12 genres? Or will you just mix and match? I'm looking forward to seeing all the games laid out.

Just some edits (in bold) that I'd make

Fighting Games 

Platformers

First Person Shooter

Third person shooter

Rail shooter 

Survival horror - Just call it Horror so any Horror game could fit

Stealth

RPG

Sports

Music/rhythm

Point and click

Trivia

Board/Card

I'm unsure about these two genres, as I am assuming we want games that last most of a month, I'm not sure if there're any Trivia or Board games that cut it. Not to mention most can be exploited with local play second controllers and all that.

Other than that, it's fine :) How do you think we'll/you'll pick games though? Will each participant get assigned 1 genre to assign 12 games too? Or will each participant get to assign one game to 12 genres? Or will you just mix and match? I'm looking forward to seeing all the games laid out.

I will change to horror as that is what I meant. Any horror game is fine.

As for Board/trivia, I was just listing everything I was aware of. This is where you guys say "yay or nay" to. There are currently 15 different themes on the OP right now so we still have to remove a couple in order to get it to the 11 we want. Once I hear back from the rest of the group on the list we can decide what to use. I'll tally yays and nays and keep track in the mean time until we hear from the others.

As far as how games will be decided. I was thinking that once we have the solid list of "these are the 11 themes we're going to play", everyone will send me 1 game title they want to play from each genre. I will look through everyone's profile to see whose played what and then make a list of games y'all supplied for each theme. ex. 12 games are chosen for FPS but only 3 can be played due to others already playing them. Those three games will go up for votes and the winner will be the one picked and played come that theme. Rinse and repeat poll for each set of games for each theme.

Edited by the_couchster

There's any limitation on the cost of the games? Like can a 70$ game be picked?

A $70 dollar game can be picked, however it is up to the voters whether or not that game is picked. If 5 or 6 games are getting voted on, I'm sure cost, difficulty, fun will all determine how the vote goes, but again, the game good could be 70 every month for 11 months ($770). Lots of risk, possibility of lots of rewards depending on buy back ins, ton of competitions and loads of fun.

I'm interested, you can sign me up for Round #1. Question though, for Card/Board game, couldn't we do Armello? That would take a while wouldn't it? It would also help support the game. I mean I understand if we don't, since there aren't a lot of Board/Card/Trivia games that are cool or interesting or fun to play. I'm open to whatever though.

I'm interested, you can sign me up for Round #1. Question though, for Card/Board game, couldn't we do Armello? That would take a while wouldn't it? It would also help support the game. I mean I understand if we don't, since there aren't a lot of Board/Card/Trivia games that are cool or interesting or fun to play. I'm open to whatever though.

Great, I'll add you to the list. And I like how you imply there will be a round 2. Here's hoping everything goes well that I do it again :)

As for your question. I certainly don't see why Armello couldn't be chosen. I left the board game on there but just got a strike through it, in-case people wanted it. Once we have a full group, we can decide whether to keep board/card game on there. The real question is if it is kept, will Armello get the vote........."weary music plays in background"....

I am interested, but before I make a decision I have a question.  How will the whole buying-in process work?  Do we give you money at the beginning of the competition through PayPal and hope you aren't some crook who'll run off when the funds are collected?  Do you keep a running tab of everyone's amounts and hope we choose to pay when the whole thing comes to an end?  While I purchase a lot of things online, I still have concerns about giving money to some random person on the Internet.  Especially with something like this.  I mean, using the above example, we could be spending a hefty amount of money on games for a payout that is only a fraction of what we are potentially spending.  Now, I know that it is the group's decision on what games get played, so the amount we spend on games depends on us.  And I am okay with that, because it would put another reason on why I'm buying more and more games anyway.  It's just the whole trust issue about the buying-in that has me concerned.

I would consider Armello a strategy game with Board game aesthetics, it's much more 'gamey' than monopoly or game of life.

Speaking of which, we forgot a 'Strategy' genre

Nice. I will add it to the list.

I am interested, but before I make a decision I have a question.  How will the whole buying-in process work?  Do we give you money at the beginning of the competition through PayPal and hope you aren't some crook who'll run off when the funds are collected?  Do you keep a running tab of everyone's amounts and hope we choose to pay when the whole thing comes to an end?  While I purchase a lot of things online, I still have concerns about giving money to some random person on the Internet.  Especially with something like this.  I mean, using the above example, we could be spending a hefty amount of money on games for a payout that is only a fraction of what we are potentially spending.  Now, I know that it is the group's decision on what games get played, so the amount we spend on games depends on us.  And I am okay with that, because it would put another reason on why I'm buying more and more games anyway.  It's just the whole trust issue about the buying-in that has me concerned.

Well nobody pays anything unless they want back in. I cover all the costs for everyone joining the first time. Once you get eliminated, if you choose to join back in, that is when you would pay the first time. I would require the money before the next month starts. I don't want to see the winner lose money because people say they want to buy back in and at the end of the comp, they don't.

As far as trusting me with the money....You would just need to take my word. Not really sure how else to do it. Everyone signed up so far is taking my word that I'm shelling out $120 to cover this thing.

I'm not offended in the slightest bit if you don't want to join because you don't want to pay a random person on the internet, but again, only happens if you: 1, get eliminated, and 2 decide to buy back in so up to you.

Thank you for the quick reply.  You have settled my concerns, and I would like to be added to the list of participants.

No problem. The emails come to my phone and I've got a pretty lax job. I'll add you to the list. With me3lingual, this makes 9. 3 spots left.

• Like 1

I'm down for joining but since there would be an amount of games to buy. 12 in the worst case, the competition should start on January and finish on December. Also if someone has already played the game, then they could possibly play it on another account and link it here so everyone can see the progress. Also there should be a ban for multiplayer trophies really. Also I am on PS3 so maybe there would be a problem with that... :(

Edited by NICK16_06

I'm down for joining but since there would be an amount of games to buy. 12 in the worst case, the competition should start on January and finish on December. Also if someone has already played the game, then they could possibly play it on another account and link it here so everyone can see the progress. Also there should be a ban for multiplayer trophies really. Also I am on PS3 so maybe there would be a problem with that... :(

11 will be the max amount. I chose to start in November bc there are quite a few contests going on now. Ps3 isn't a problem as I said any game could be chosen for any any system as long as the trophy list is the same. As far as mp trophies....we'd leave that to the group's decision. If people are worried about exploiting the game with boosting, then we wouldn't include it. We have a whole month to figure those things out.

Thanks for the interest though, and still time if you decide to change your mind

Edited by the_couchster

Hey this looks pretty awesome, I'm defiantly interested in joining if you don't mind. I don't have 50 forum post, I don't know if that matters or not? If it does I totally understand, if not sign me up!

I dropped the requirements in order to allow anyone in. Welcome to the contest. 2 spots left and we'll get it going

Nice, can't wait to get this started! So we are voting on everything once we have the last 2 spots filled?

Correct. Feel free to recommend any themes you would like to see. If not, once 2 more sign up, we can start all the voting. I'll wait until October 1st for two more to sign. If they don't, we will start anyways