Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Winner announced

It is because trivia and board games suck and Fighting games are really hard to plat in a month because they involve a lot of Online play most of the time.

I couldn't agree more with the fighting games. I have like 6 on my account started and haven't touched since the first time I played them lol

My list of genres

Beat 'em up/Hack and slash
Fighting Games -
Platformer
First Person Shooter
Third person shooter
Rail shooter
horror
Point and click
RPG – Tactical, strategy, turn based, action, western
Sports
Music/rhythm

Looking forward to hopefully getting a fun set of suitable games to play over the year. :D

Beautiful. We have 9/12 peeps at this moment. Lets break it down again by votes

Beat 'em up/Hack in slash - 9

Fighting - 1

Platformer - 9

FPS - 9

TPS - 9

Rail - 3

Horror - 9

Stealth - 7

point and click - 9

RPG - 8

Sports - 6

Music - 3

Racing - 7

Strategy - 6

Simulation 3

With just 3 peeps left, you can start to see which genre's are going to be picked. Just waiting on:

Saltyie

Clawz

Lumphy

• Like 1

I've reached out to both Lumphy and Hcg-_clawz on here, and on the PS4. Nothing. I'll give them another day to respond. If not, we will move on.

Well I heard from Lumphy He messaged me on PSN that he was having issues with his browser and sent me his votes

Those were:

Stealth Horror FPS TPS Platformer strategy Simulation RPG fighting slasher rail shooter

With those votes it brings the total to and automatically makes the following games winners and others losers.

Beat 'em up/Hack and slash 11 Fighting Games - 2 Platformer 11 First Person Shooter 11 Third person shooter 11 Rail shooter 4 horror 11 Stealth game 9 Point and click 10 RPG  10 Sports 6 Trivia 0 Music/rhythm 4 Board/Card 0 Racing 8 Strategy 8 Simulation 4

Key:

Bold - Winner

Strike through - Loser

Normal - Undecided

Edited by the_couchster

Ok. I've heard from everyone now except clawz. His votes won't make a difference at this point but I would still like to hear them to show that he is still interested. If not, Back up will come into play.

Any who......The themes and the order in which we will play them are:

1. Horror
  2. Stealth
  3. Strategy
  4. Slasher
  5. RPG
  6. Point and click
  7. Third Person Shooter
  8. Racing
  9. Platformer
  10. First Person Shooter
  11. Sports

With the themes being decided, it's time to move on. The next step for everyone will be to select a game from each of the 11 themes above and send me that list. It can be here, PSN, private message, email if you like which you can get from my profile page. It would be great to have everyone's list by Oct 4th.

1. Resident Evil HD
2. Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark 
3. XCOM: Enemy Within
4. Alice: Madness Returns
5. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
6. Telltale's Game of Thrones  
7. Sleeping Dogs
8. Blood Drive
9. Catherine
10. Killzone HD
11. 5 Star Wrestling

FINAL CUT

Edited by NICK16_06

Sounds like a great order to play, I'll try and get my list done.

Probably a silly question, but No games with unobtainable trophies are allowed correct?

1. Horror - Dead Space 2
  2. Stealth - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 
  3. Strategy - XCOM: Enemy Within
  4. Slasher - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  5. RPG - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  6. Point and click - I have no idea yet, I rarely play Point and Click games, let alone long and difficult ones. I'll try and get back to you.
  7. Third Person Shooter -  Max Payne 3
  8. Racing - Split/Second
  9. Platformer - Catherine
  10. First Person Shooter - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  11. Sports - Again, I'm not sure. If each game lasts a month, we are probably looking at an September/October 2016 finish if everything takes as long as possible, wouldn't a lot of yearly sports games have shut down servers by then? As of right now I'll pick NBA 2K16
Edited by Saltyie

My multiquote isn't working at the moment so I'll try to get this all said in one message.

There are no open spots to join at the moment. I'll add you as a backup contador.

As far as point and clicks, there are some for both systems. Walkiing dead, wolf among us, thrones tv show..not sure how many others

As for unobtainable plats, it doesn't matter really to me but I'll say only games with no glitches can be chosen I'm going to put games that have no glitched trophies.

As far as sports games go, not all have online trophies and most I've seen that do, have at least a year before the server shuts down. Madden 11 has no online trophies for instance.

1. Horror - The Evil Within

Stealth - Styx master of shadows

Strategy - Disgaea 5

Slasher - Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 

RPG - Dragon Age: Inquisition

Point and click - Broken Age

Third Person Shooter - Max Payne 3

Racing - Driveclub

Platformer - Chariot

First Person Shooter - Wolfenstein - the old blood

Sports - NHL 2k16 (if it exists :P )

Liable to be changed atm, will mark as final when completely sure it's what I want and all games fit their genres properly. 

1. Third Person Shooter -  Max Payne 3

OMG!!! If you guys make Max Payne 3 win we will have to boost together you know? LOL

My multiquote isn't working at the moment so I'll try to get this all said in one message.

Man I have been reading the rules over again and have noticed kind of a loophole that maybe you have thought about but not written. You say that there is a month to complete as much as possible of the game as you can right? When the month ends the person with the least completion percentage gets eliminated. But when a new month starts, do we have to keep playing the other game until we complete it or do we move on? 

Edited by NICK16_06

Wouldn't it be better to leave the game selections for months 2-11 for right before their respective months?  This way, we would be able to include games that may come out in the future.  Like, I know I would love to have Fallout 4 chosen when it's RPG or shooter month (whatever genre it is).

Wouldn't it be better to leave the game selections for months 2-11 for right before their respective months?  This way, we would be able to include games that may come out in the future.  Like, I know I would love to have Fallout 4 chosen when it's RPG or shooter month (whatever genre it is).

I personally think maybe a couple of months notice would be best, gives people more time to get the game and have it delivered or whatever and also get money for the game if they need to and it ends up being full retail price.

Clawz respectfully resigned from the comp so precision is now in which means danicontador has dibs if anyone else should quit.

As far as picking games later, we won't know if the new games have a glitched trophy and therefore couldn't pick it anyways. The reason for picking all the games ahead of time is that everyone will know what is next and can get the game if they feel they're safe in the current months time. Some people also may have a harder time getting the game depending where they live so advance time is good. I dont want this to turn into a "well I'll just play the game in the last week of the month" type of thing.

As far as finishing the game in the month like Nick asked, New month = new game.

I will try and clarify all the rules the closer we get but I think they're pretty solid so far. One other thing I want to clarify is that when I say person with the faster time wins as far as a tie, I mean from the beginning of the month to the end. If two people finish the month at 50% but one started the 1st and the other started on the 5th. The person who started first will win because he got there first. That's your incentive to start on the first day of the comp.

And lastly......the lists are pretty great so far but saltyie is trying to kill us lol

I would like to point this out for everyone while they are picking their games:

"As long as the game has the same trophy list and can be played on either PS3 or PS4 (systems I own) the game can be accepted (If you have a Vita and want to play the game on that, please feel free to, as long as the game again can be played on one of the other two and has same trophy lists. This doesn't need to be a platinum game either. A simple 100% PSN game can be chosen as well."

A lot of you guys are picking PS3 only games which I don't have anymore. I'm not going to go and rebuy a PS3 just to compete. If that is the case then I'm going to have to bow out of this competition.

I would like to point this out for everyone while they are picking their games:

"As long as the game has the same trophy list and can be played on either PS3 or PS4 (systems I own) the game can be accepted (If you have a Vita and want to play the game on that, please feel free to, as long as the game again can be played on one of the other two and has same trophy lists. This doesn't need to be a platinum game either. A simple 100% PSN game can be chosen as well."

A lot of you guys are picking PS3 only games which I don't have anymore. I'm not going to go and rebuy a PS3 just to compete. If that is the case then I'm going to have to bow out of this competition.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that but the game can be for either system. When I said the trophy list needs to be the same, it was meant by " you can play it on any system" as long as the trophy list is the same.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that but the game can be for either system. When I said the trophy list needs to be the same, it was meant by " you can play it on any system" as long as the trophy list is the same.

Gotcha, sorry I miss read it originally, but Like I said I'll have to unfortunately back out then. Good luck with this! :)

Gotcha, sorry I miss read it originally, but Like I said I'll have to unfortunately back out then. Good luck with this! :)

Well sorry to see you go but thanks for the interest. Maybe next installment I will do ps4 only. :)

Looks like all the backup slots are now in. I will update accordingly tomorrow morning when I get my computer back.

Beat ‘em up/ Hack in Slash - DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition

Platformer - Catherine 

FPS - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

TPS - Zombie Army Trilogy

Horror - Silent Hill 2

Stealth - Styx Master of Shadows

Point and Click - Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent’s Curse

RPG - Dragon Age: Inquisition 

Sports - Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5

Racing - Need for Speed: Rivals

Strategy - Helldivers: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition

This is getting intense now  :blink:

Edited by MajesticDrekavac

Thanks everyone who have been up top of things and getting votes and lists in. It's great seeing whose vested in this.

So I'll give a status on everything so far:

Couch - List submitted

Saltyie - List submitted - still needs Point and click

Zajac - List submitted - There was a NHL 16 game that just came out

CJ - Waiting on list

EpicNogg - Waiting on list

Lumphy - Waiting on list - Would like to see him post on this forum

Zomb1e - Waiting on list

Precision - waiting on list - Advised him last night he was in the comp

me3lingual - waiting on list

Majestic - List submitted

Nick - List submitted

danicontador - Advised him last night he was in the comp - still waiting on list and whether he truly wants in or not.

Once I get the list of all the games, I will start the process of which games can be played and then send that list out. We will then vote on what gets played as a group. (super exciting so far I must say)

In other news:

I added to the OP that I'm looking for backups in case others don't want in but with the showings we had lately, it's starting to appear we have a solid group now.

If there are any more questions about the rules or picking games, now would also be a great time to get those things settled so feel free to ask.

This is my list

1- Horror: Outlast
2- Stealth: Styx Master of Shadows
3-Strategy: Battle Island
4- Slasher: Ultil Dawn
5- RPG: Dragon Age: Inquisition
6- Point and click; Broken Age
7-Third Person Shooter: GTA V
8- Racing : DRIVE CLUB
9- Platformer: chariot
10- First Person Shooter: Call of duty Advance 
11- Sports: FIFA 2014