Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Winner announced

Correct. Feel free to recommend any themes you would like to see. If not, once 2 more sign up, we can start all the voting. I'll wait until October 1st for two more to sign. If they don't, we will start anyways

You didn't add me to the participants list in the first page. I am in right?

You didn't add me to the participants list in the first page. I am in right?

The way you posted made it sound like you were interested but didn't want to buy 12 games. I responded to you a few minutes after you first messaged me.

So to clarify, you want to join?

Alright. Now that we have our competitors all set, the next step is going to be to setup themes. I'm asking that everyone either reply here or PM the themes from the first page you want to play. It may actually be easier to select those that you don't want to play seeing there are 11 different we need to choose. 

It'd be great if this could be done in a timely manner and that is where your participation comes in. The faster we have the themes chosen, the faster we can start picking games for said themes. I will give each theme a yay tally every time it is chosen. The 11 with the most tallies will win. 

I'll go first. Id like to play:

1 Beat 'em up/Hack and slash
2 Platformer
3 First Person Shooter
4 Third person shooter
5 Rail shooter
6 horror
7 Stealth game
8 Point and click
9 Sports
10 Racing
11 Strategy

Here are my choices, in no particular preference.  I just took out the ones I didn't like from the list.

Beat 'em up/Hack and slash
Platformer
First Person Shooter
Third person shooter
horror
Stealth game
Point and click
RPG – Tactical, strategy, turn based, action, western
Racing
Strategy
Simulation

I just want to thank everyone who was replied with there picks for the themes so far. Looking good.

I am actually not going to vote because I don't have the mental fortitude to decide on the order of 11 different game genres in one sitting... But I'll be down with whatever wins, so be wise guys :)

I'm going to try to not sound rude here, but you chose to join an event of which requires a large amount of participation on all the contestants. 1) the list is already setup on the first page. It's literally a copy paste of the list and eliminate 5 of them to get 11 and order is irrelevant. I will choose that with a RNG and 2) What are you going to do when I ask everyone to pick a game for each genre that does win?

I'll give you the opportunity to "redeem" yourself if you like but this is where one of the rules comes into play. Participation is key and if people don't.....They get eliminated. This isn't going to be the event where everyone waits until the end of the month to start playing games or posting...

With that being said...I just want to make sure that anyone who doesn't want to be in an event that has a large participation aspect, feel free to bail now. I'd rather fill that position with someone who does than have to eliminate people week 1 of an 11 month contest.

what happens if a game someone already has played wins, or is it automatically DQ'ed and a new game is picked?

This won't happen. After the themes have been decided, everyone will send me a list of 11 games (1 for each genre that won). I will go through the lists and determine what can be played based on if someone has already played, they're percentage and so on. Once I get that list together, we will vote.

for instance. Let's say FPS is chosen as a genre. 11 different games are supplied. 3 of those games have been played by the group. I would list the other 8, and the one with the most votes would be chosen as the game we would play for FPS month.

Edited by the_couchster

I just want to thank everyone who was replied with there picks for the themes so far. Looking good.

I'm going to try to not sound rude here, but you chose to join an event of which requires a large amount of participation on all the contestants. 1) the list is already setup on the first page. It's literally a copy paste of the list and eliminate 5 of them to get 11 and order is irrelevant. I will choose that with a RNG and 2) What are you going to do when I ask everyone to pick a game for each genre that does win?

I'll give you the opportunity to "redeem" yourself if you like but this is where one of the rules comes into play. Participation is key and if people don't.....They get eliminated. This isn't going to be the event where everyone waits until the end of the month to start playing games or posting...

With that being said...I just want to make sure that anyone who doesn't want to be in an event that has a large participation aspect, feel free to bail now. I'd rather fill that position with someone who does than have to eliminate people week 1 of an 11 month contest.

I will pick the games I would like to play for sure. It is just that I don't get along with genres very well because most games are not a pure game type now... And regarding the list I really thought the order was completely relevant. I am sorry for this, if I had known that it was in any order, I would have done it, it just seemed like a waste of time to choose what game type you wanna play first to last in the following 11 months.

Platformer

First Person Shooter

Third person shooter

horror

Stealth game

Point and click

Sports

Racing

Simulation

I will pick the games I would like to play for sure. It is just that I don't get along with genres very well because most games are not a pure game type now... And regarding the list I really thought the order was completely relevant. I am sorry for this, if I had known that it was in any order, I would have done it, it just seemed like a waste of time to choose what game type you wanna play first to last in the following 11 months.

Platformer

First Person Shooter

Third person shooter

horror

Stealth game

Point and click

Sports

Racing

Simulation

Thanks. Didn't mean to sound rude....I just want this to work well.

So far we're at 7/12 who have voted on themes.

Tallies so far are:

Beat 'em up/Hack in slash - 7

Platformer - 7

FPS - 7

TPS - 7

Rail - 1

Horror - 7

Stealth - 6

point and click - 7

RPG - 6

Sports - 5

Music - 2

Racing - 6

Strategy - 5

Simulation 3

No one has voted for Fighting, Trivia, board. Is that because I never uncrossed the last two there?