Guillermo del Toro Reveals Junji Ito was Involved with Silent Hills

FlareXV

I'm guessing a lot of people are still p****d off with Konami for the Silent Hills canceling, but here's something new to get your panties in a twist. Junji Ito, who is apparently one of Japan's prolific horror artists was said to be also involved in SH. What does this mean? Maybe the game could have been a true horror fest and bring back the genre from the ashes. The Evil Within tried to, but due to the wonky frame-rate, black bars and non-existent  story line that some have complained about, it just wasn't powerful enough to kick start the genre again. Tell me what you think about this and the current situation. 

Here's the quote from the story on Dualshockers: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/27/guillermo-del-toro-reveals-junji-ito-was-involved-with-silent-hills/

"Adding on top of the already sad story of the cancellation of Silent Hills, Guillermo del Toro, who was to collaborate with Hideo Kojima on the project, tweeted earlier today that Junji Ito was brought in as well.Ito is a prolific horror manga artist in Japan. One of his works, Tomie, follows an immortal woman who is the personification of lust and jealousy and other related emotions who drives her would be lovers insane and causes violent acts."

Here's one of his panels (Warning:NSFW) 

Soichi-s%20Beloved%20Pet.jpg

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 4

I've read about it this morning, seeing all the potential this game could have disappearing like that pisses me off imensely.

Hopefully one day Konami will find its own hole and stay there forever.

Amigara.png

Ah The Enigma of The Amigara Fault, easily Ito's best work

• Like 1

Sooo who would like to go back in time and actually still make this game be a reality? I know we're getting a spiritual successor that actually looks damn good but damn.. this would have probably been one of Konami's best selling games besides MGS V. 

I love Silent Hill and from what I saw in PT.. I wanted the full game. :(

Not turning it into a fucking pachinko machine.

Edited by Cielle