Flagging a game as owned.

Kinglink

Hello all, 

So I have this type of request or something  

Basically I have a number of games in my backlog that I haven't played.  I would like a way to put them in the list to be considered so when I look at a trophy advisor I see them, or a way to mark games that I want to play. 

I know I could try to play them then upload the trophy list and they'll appear but I currently have 69 games (no joke) that is on my two play list and most are digital, having to download each game to get it on this list is over kill. 

Is there any possibility of looking a game and having a way to flag it as "to play" or add it to my list of trophies?

Kinglink

I like the idea. I have WAY more games in my backlog than the OP (like 150 unplayed games) that comes from sales, PS+ games, etc.

I'd also like to be able to include them in the trophy advisor:

- so i can remember what games i own (to be honest, some games in my backlog were in the PS+ from 3 years ago... Of course i don't remember i own them :D)

- so i can see what game could be easy plat/100%

• Like 1

Use backloggery and put it on your signature, I remember this was suggested on one of the last threads.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

There are numerous ways around this problem...

1. Make a trophy checklist and add a "backlog section"
  2. put it into your "about me" page
  3. Put it in your signature
  4. Load the games onto your PSN account as it won't count towards your completion percentage until you actually earn a trophy in a game.
  • Like 2

I keep a spreadsheet on my Google Drive that I add the games to every time I buy one or plus updates. I have one for each system, that way I can sort them alphabetically. I can also (which I haven't done yet) mark game that have plats, online trophies, closed servers, estimated difficulty, etc. to help me organize them in other ways.

People keep asking for this sort of thing. Maybe Sly should just add like a "Wish List" page link on the bar at the top-right next to the trophy log, trophy advisor, statistics, and stuff.  :P Maybe make it customizable, so you can rename the heading on that page to "games I own" or something.

I personally just favorite guides for games that I plan to get, and I also have a list on my phone.

People keep asking for this sort of thing. Maybe Sly should just add like a "Wish List" page link on the bar at the top-right next to the trophy log, trophy advisor, statistics, and stuff.  :P Maybe make it customizable, so you can rename the heading on that page to "games I own" or something.

I personally just favorite guides for games that I plan to get, and I also have a list on my phone.

What do you do if there's no guide? I take it there's a way to see favorites guides?

What do you do if there's no guide?

He will make a blank one :awesome:

Oh wait... this is actually a valid proposition... what if every guide had a blank one that could be put into favorite and it would be deleted once someone makes a real guide?

That way, we could use Mango's way of having a wishlist =D

(And this once again reminded me I need to finally buy Tears to Tiara)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

He will make a blank one :awesome:

Oh wait... this is actually a valid proposition... what if every guide had a blank one that could be put into favorite and it would be deleted once someone makes a real guide?

That way, we could use Mango's way of having a wishlist =D

(And this once again reminded me I need to finally buy Tears to Tiara)

A blank guide would never be published :P.

• Like 2

Even if kuuhaku made it? :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

As I said, it would only stand as a substitute waiting to be deleted 'till the true guide is made :D

Especially if Kuuhaku made it :P (just kidding Kuu).

Can you imagine the New Guides page being flooded with empty guides and the amount of complaints we'd get. Not to mention the guide team members from other sites would make fun of us forever at the monthly party. We'd never live that down. PSNP's guide team would be seen as a joke and you wouldn't want to do that to us, right?

• Like 2

Can you imagine the New Guides page being flooded with empty guides and the amount of complaints we'd get. Not to mention the guide team members from other sites would make fun of us forever at the monthly party. We'd never live that down. PSNP's guide team would be seen as a joke and you wouldn't want to do that to us, right?

I thought that could be avoided somehow... guess not :/ Okay, forget it, I guess =D

Especially if Kuuhaku made it :P (just kidding Kuu).

We already get enough trouble at the monthly party, I just convinced them to stop serving mangos there! :P

• Like 1

We already get enough trouble at the monthly party, I just convinced them to stop serving mangos there! :P

You did what now shock2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251!? B-but those mango pies are to die for, just like the mango cocktails, mango sandwiches, mango sushi, and mango lasagna, Though I don't mind if they stop serving the mango soup. Besides that girl from .org's guide team you were flirting with was totally digging those mango pies too, I bet she'll be very disappointed. Oh no wait, I see what's going on here: now you're the only mango at the party and she'll be all over you. You're one shrewd genius.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to share how i deal with  that (or at least a similar) problem.

i basically wrote myself a grease-/tampermonkey script (which is a firefox/chrome extension used to customize/improve userexperience of web pages on client side mainly).

this client script automatically keeps track of my games whenever i open my own profile page, to show this information on the games list...

it marks the games with a green border if i completed them, similar to the green border around earned trophies. the border is yellow if i haven't completed the game yet!

i primarily use it to open the games list sorted by difficulty, so i can look for easy platinums.

below a screenshot, where i photoshopped a current, not completed game to the end, just so you can a picture of what i'm talking about:

eB93GdY.png

as you can see, i also write my completion percentage in the avg percentage field.

all this stuff also works on other people's profiles, too of course. so i can look at other trophyhunters profiles and directly compare their games to mine. 

i know this is not what this thread is originally about, but adding a "backlog" functionality to games you don't have on your profile and present them in a similar way would be little to no effort.

in fact many of the suggested features around here, which more fall into the category "personal customization", could be done this way. in the end this is what the whole greasemonkey extension is about. ;)

dernop