Hitman: Release details (stupidity herein)

StrickenBiged

Funny how we react differently. I'm more like "It's fucking Hitman, so they knew it was going to sell well... why'd they have to go and fuck it up like this?!".

I also take the broader view... It's Hitman now, but if this business model is successful then next it will be your next favourite franchise, then your third favourite, and all the way down... 

Yea, don't want it to become a trend. :(

Or, you can buy the Intro Pack for $35, and think about the post-launch content for an additional $30. So buying the full game saves you $5.

Which is retarded since I know a shitload of people that buys games on day 1, play 2 missions and never touch them again. Usually that meant easy 60 bucks with little effort, now it means only $35.

No news on non-USA pricing, but we know that they usually just swap the $ for a £ sign and call it a day.  

Because FUCK YOU EUROPE.

Pre-ordering gets you beta access. But you shouldn't pre-order because you'd only be encouraging them.

FUCK PRE-ORDERS!

Fuck your pre-order, fuck your "have half a game now, and more stuff later" and, to be quite frank, fuck your game.

FUCK ALL OF THIS SHIT!

Seriously. Do not buy this game until there is a complete, disc based version.

Yes.

fucking testicles

YESSSSSSSSS!

I loved this thread.  :wub:

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have to comment on my thoughts that who thought this was a good idea!? What's wrong with just releasing a full game on disc and just adding DLC. 

This new Hitman game does look really good but this puts me right off. What's the point in this idea when they are going to do a physical release later on anyway. Might as well just wait.

We needed more of a backlash from fans to try and get them to change the plan like Microsoft with the Xbox.

I just got a notification on my console, saying that my Hitman preorder has been cancelled, because the publisher "drastically changed" somerhing about that package and a new one will be available for preorder soon.

That's a good thing. I would feel bad for people if they simply let the pre-orders stand, without care for the changes.

Does anyone else miss the days when you'd buy a game and you'd walk out of the shop happy in the knowledge that you owned the full game? 

Very much so.

I don't know about you guys & gals but this confusing mess of a situation has turned me right off the game. Fuck your pre-order, fuck your "have half a game now, and more stuff later" and, to be quite frank, fuck your game. There will be other, complete games for me to play at that point in time, and I'll give them my attention in March 2016. 

If your game reviews well, then I might, might, pick it up when there's a disc version where I know I'll have the whole thing in my hands.

Looks like a desperate attempt to prolong how long people will play the game to me. As we all know, most games sit on our PS4 dashboard for a month before new games come out and they fade into the library, somewhere. This silliness could be an attempt to keep it "relevant" for longer. That, or they needed to convolute some way to lock you into a digital release to prevent second hand sales. There's no reason they couldn't release the March content on a disc, and add the other content via patches. Don't fall for this shit guys & gals. Seriously. Do not buy this game until there is a complete, disc based version. 

Oh, yeah, and if you have shitty internet where you live and have to wait days for a game to download or have monthly data limits to worry about, well Hitman doesn't care about you. So why should you care about it?

Seriously... I fucking love the products this industry puts out, but the industry itself can be so infuriating at times...

Consumers, as a group we need to grow a pair of fucking testicles (or breasts, if you either prefer that analogy and/or are female) and stop rewarding shitty practices with our money. Seriously. 

Sorry for getting a bit off topic here, but this shit is getting insane. I want to be excited about your product IO, I really do. But I can't when you treat me like a fucking moron. 

^ This. This right here.

The way the industry is going, someday I might just quit buying new games altogether and just stick with older ones.

(Not very likely, but I sure hope the Industry gets a grip on itself someday).

• Like 2