LittleBigPlanet Karting BETA

Signed, thanks for the advice.

I'll probably sign up.

Not to get off subject and I'm a huge LBP fan, but isn't this a little like Modnation Racers? Racing + creating..

Is clearly very ModNation-like. The proof is that in the form to fill out it asks you even if you have already played ModNation.

Maybe it is in developing by both MediaMolecule and DanSochan?

Edited by King-OfTheGames

I'll probably sign up.

Not to get off subject and I'm a huge LBP fan, but isn't this a little like Modnation Racers? Racing + creating..

From what I've read this is a collaboration between Media Molecule and United Front Games (developer of ModNation Racers) to make this game. It'll take the best of both developers and I have really high hopes for this as I loved LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers.

Parker

From what I've read this is a collaboration between Media Molecule and United Front Games (developer of ModNation Racers) to make this game. It'll take the best of both developers and I have really high hopes for this as I loved LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers.

Parker

This is actually great news, thank you :) I too loved both of them and together this game should be awesome.

Any word on when the beta is supposed to start? I've not heard anything yet but I'm eagerly anticipating this title. It would make a perfect Vita game as well.

Parker

I'm not sure when it is going to start... But if i spot any info before you guys (as to when people are getting invite emails), i'll make a post here...

It's developed by United Front Games (Modnation devs) in collaboration with Media Molecule. I've signed up.

Parker

Iirc, Media Molecule offered to help UFG with Modnation Racers and UFG turned them down. Big..BIG...BIG mistake. As far as creation goes, MNR was awesome. However, racing online was a mess. Usually it was full of lag and/or glitchers and UFG was unaware or ambivalent. I bought this racing game to race with. :/

I was really excited about MNR. I was involved in the beta, gave the devs feedback and pre-ordered and picked it up day one. Nonetheless, I was sorely disappointed with the amount of support that UFG offered for their finished product. MNR is the reason that I don't pre-order or buy games day one anymore.

LBP Karting piqued my interest until I just read that UFG was involved. I'm not going to completely write it off, but I'll definitely wait to make sure game is more than just a glorified beta.

We have a release date for the Beta, July 10th.

http://www.joystiq.c...psn-on-july-10/

lbpkarting2_530x298.jpg

A select few beta applicants for LittleBigPlanet Karting will find the virtual gates open next week, with codes being sent out as of Tuesday, July 10. The PlayStation Blog tells us more people will be let in gradually before the program's conclusion on July 31.

If you didn't sign up for the beta and find you have an interest in doing so (those karts are awfully cute), you can still sign up online.

For what it's worth I never had issues with ModNation Racers online. I never had much lag, I always had people to race against but the only complaint I have was the extremely long loading times. It sucks that other had a lot of issues with ModNation and hopefully it will be resolved in LBP: Karting.

Parker

Edited by Parker

Guess Sony send invite to the wrong person

I think they're sending the keys in the US at the first, because neither I received the key.

! and it is obvious that I'm more important than you :P !

Edited by King-OfTheGames

I've played for about an hour and I only have on complaint so far. It feels too slow. Other Kart racers (Modnation, Mario Kart, etc...) have a better sense of speed but the controls are very tight, the weapons feel good and the tracks are good as well. The story mode is more like LittleBigPlanet than ModNation (you still have a pod for Sackboy) and everything loads quick, I didn't experience any bad lag with multiplayer and the game sounds great too. I'll be playing more over the next few days yo get an even better idea of what the game will be like. They've got a pre-order out if me from this Beta though, it's better than ModNation (both of them) and I enjoyed the hell out of those games.

Parker