Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Not sure about this, it isn't exactly 5 unique games... Aren't there more (japanese) vocaloid games?

The Dreamy Theatre games require a PSP to play, so I don't really want to include those. I think it'd still get a fair amount of participants, and there are 2 more Miku games releasing next year

Also you were fine with the idea the first time despite me also listing the same games

Edited by Makise Kurisu

The Dreamy Theatre games require a PSP to play, so I don't really want to include those. I think it'd still get a fair amount of participants, and there are 2 more Miku games releasing next year

Also you were fine with the idea the first time despite me also listing the same games

It isn't really about the amount of participants, because i, for one, would even participate xD It's more about sticking to the minimum requirements. Because your list essentially only has 3 unique games now (project diva F and f are pretty much exactly the same, correct me if i'm wrong) so if i would allow it then i should also allow Kingdom Hearts, Disgaea, PP despair (danganronpa + Zero Escape), etc which all don't have 5 unique games despite having 5+ trophy lists across multiple platforms and regions. If there are two more games releasing i'll happily put it on the waiting list and when the release dates come around you can make it. - which is what we're doing with Kingdom hearts and Disgaea right now actually. 

And yes i was fine with it the first time, but that was before i changed my rules. I changed them because there was a lot of confusion and a big discussion about it a while ago. 

Edited by Zone Hunter

It isn't really about the amount of participants, because i, for one, would even participate xD It's more about sticking to the minimum requirements. Because your list essentially only has 3 unique games now (project diva F and f are pretty much exactly the same, correct me if i'm wrong) so if i would allow it then i should also allow Kingdom Hearts, Disgaea, PP despair (danganronpa + Zero Escape), etc which all don't have 5 unique games despite having 5+ trophy lists across multiple platforms and regions. If there are two more games releasing i'll happily put it on the waiting list and when the release dates come around you can make it.

And yes i was fine with it the first time, but that was before i changed my rules. I changed them because there was a lot of confusing and a big discussion about it a while ago. 

Okay, well I guess I'm backing out again then. These fucking rules man...

Anyway I said I'd help Lillybuk with his PP so I guess you could add me to that one. Unless I'm not unique enough for that either.

Okay, well I guess I'm backing out again then. These fucking rules man...

Anyway I said I'd help Lillybuk with his PP so I guess you could add me to that one. Unless I'm not unique enough for that either.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but i cannot please everyone. We had a big argument about the minimum requirements to make a PP thread and i did my best to make something everybody somewhat agreed with. So please don't take this personal. 

- I added you to Lilly's PP.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but i cannot please everyone. We had a big argument about the minimum requirements to make a PP thread and i did my best to make something everybody somewhat agreed with. So please don't take this personal. 

- I added you to Lilly's PP.

I'm not taking it personally, I just think it's stupid to have such a dictatorship over a type of thread (which is why I backed out originally), having rules such as getting your approval to post it and the colour code for trophies. Imagine if, for example, Buu did that with the 'We Play' threads? It's just ridiculous imo.

Edited by Makise Kurisu

Not sure about this, it isn't exactly 5 unique games... Aren't there more (japanese) vocaloid games?

Well, there's Miku Miku Hockey, but that's quite a predicament since it's digital only and Vita-only, thus, impossible to achieve without Japanese account, hence impossible to achieve with non-JP accounts or impossible to proof =D

I'm not taking it personally, I just think it's stupid to have such a dictatorship over a type of thread (which is why I backed out originally), having rules such as getting your approval to post it and the colour code for trophies. Imagine if, for example, Buu did that with the 'We Play' threads? It's just ridiculous imo.

Or you can just wait for the new games to get released :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Well i'm sorry if i came over that way, that was certainly not my intention. I jut thought it would be nicer for every thread to have somewhat the same lay out. I think i have given every PP creator enough freedom to do with their thread whatever they like as well as listened to what the community thinks about everything. I have made a lot of changes based on PSNPs feedback.

About the custom trophies it's just something extra i liked, i always offered to do it myself. I thought it'd be cool for the members to have something to show off and each trophy tier having the same color as border just makes it easier to distinguish which type of trophy it is (Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze).

I really wanted this PP thing to be something fun to bring PSNP together like so many other events so reading your comment makes me kinda sad even though it might have truth in it.

Edited by Zone Hunter

Well i'm sorry if i came over that way, that was certainly not my intention. I jut thought it would be nicer for every thread to have somewhat the same lay out. I think i have given every PP creator enough freedom to do with their thread whatever they like as well as listened to what the community thinks about everything. I have made a lot of changes based on PSNPs feedback.

About the custom trophies it's just something extra i liked, i always offered to do it myself. I thought it'd be cool for the members to have something to show off and each trophy tier having the same color as border just makes it easier to distinguish which type of trophy it is (Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze).

I really wanted this PP thing to be something fun to bring PSNP together like so many other events so reading your comment makes me kinda sad even though it might have truth in it.

I'm not trying to make you sad, was just venting. Sorry if it came off that way.

I'm not trying to make you sad, was just venting. Sorry if it came off that way.

It's okay, i just put a lot of work in this and there is always someone disagreeing with the way things turn out. 

:hmm: Somebody remind me why we have this section

81c6537d7d.png

Pretty much for that exact reason, so when a new Disgaea game comes out (making it eligible for its own PP) they can make the thread.

So, let me get this right - anyone thinking of creating and maintaining a thread in which its sole purpose is to attain a platinum with others, needs to go through you and obtain your approval prior before doing so?

Like, even if it's not associated with "Project Platinum" - which clearly seems to be copyrighted at this point, and anyone associating their thread with it, being prosecuted, beaten black, blue, red (and all the other fucking colours of the rainbow), and undoubtedly hanged, drawn and quartered (without a legally binding contract, approved by yourself, of course).

I don't know. What I see here is "I decide what is, and what isn't."

Apart from this whole approval scheme, the rest seems well done.

Edited by Aela

Having a single template for all to follow was a great idea and a nice, courteous gesture to the whole community.

At least someone likes it lol :P

So, let me get this right - anyone thinking of creating and maintaining a thread in which its sole purpose is to attain a platinum with others, needs to go through you and obtain your approval prior before doing so?

Like, even if it's not associated with "Project Platinum" - which clearly seems to be copyrighted at this point, and anyone associating their thread with it, being prosecuted, beaten black, blue, red (and all the other fucking colours of the rainbow), and undoubtedly hanged, drawn and quartered (without a legally binding contract, approved by yourself, of course).

I don't know. What I see here is "I decide what is, and what isn't."

Apart from this whole approval scheme, the rest seems well done

Well it's not like if someone creates a Project Platinum that i'm going to hate him/her or demand their thread to be closed. I'll probably just look for a way to include their thread with the rest etc. I remember GarciaFever creating a thread out of nowhere. I was a bit angry, to be honest but all in all it worked out great. 

Not that i don't understand where you guys are coming from but it's a bit odd that this is brought up now. Since i created this event almost a month ago with 600+ replies and about 8 threads made. I thought everything was finally sorted, but i guess not.

Pretty much for that exact reason, so when a new Disgaea game comes out (making it eligible for its own PP) they can make the thread.

I understand that bit, it was more of a sarcastic comment (still waiting on that font)

I do want to raise the argument that different lists should account for different games though, perhaps not with PS3/PS4 lists but PS3/Vita and PS4/Vita lists as the control scheme for vita can vary quite a bit to its console version which can account for a different challenge altogether - unless this argument's already been raised

• Like 1

I understand that bit, it was more of a sarcastic comment (still waiting on that font)

I do want to raise the argument that different lists should account for different games though, perhaps not with PS3/PS4 lists but PS3/Vita and PS4/Vita lists as the control scheme for vita can vary quite a bit to its console version which can account for a different challenge altogether - unless this argument's already been raised

It has. I remember a good number of people were against the reason that you would have to stack games in order to reach platinum tier. Some like to stack some don't, so it's up to the PP creator whether they want to include stackable versions in order to reach platinum.

The minimum unique game requirement is there because otherwise there could be threads like the Sound Shapes PP (which has 6 lists) I know i could make a list of "Bannend games" but it would make everything more complicated than it already it is.

I'm pretty sure we went through most of the loopholes a while ago. 

Edited by Zone Hunter

It has. I remember a good number of people were against the reason that you would have to stack games in order to reach platinum tier. Some like to stack some don't, so it's up to the PP creator whether they want to include stackable versions in order to reach platinum.

The minimum unique game requirement is there because otherwise there could be threads like the Sound Shapes PP (which has 6 lists) I know i could make a list of "Bannend games" but it would make everything more complicated than it already it is.

I'm pretty sure we went through most of the loopholes a while ago. 

As I'm not actually in the loop about the loopholes, I'd assume at this moment in time seeing as Makise's plats aren't stackable through cross-saving (or at least I believe they're not) then they should account for one game each... Which means the minimum for games needed has been met.

Please, do correct me if I'm wrong because I do feel like I'm going out on a limb with this.

Well it's not like if someone creates a Project Platinum that i'm going to hate him/her or demand their thread to be closed. I'll probably just look for a way to include their thread with the rest etc. I remember GarciaFever creating a thread out of nowhere. I was a bit angry, to be honest but all in all it worked out great. 

Not that i don't understand where you guys are coming from but it's a bit odd that this is brought up now. Since i created this event almost a month ago with 600+ replies and about 8 threads made. I thought everything was finally sorted, but i guess not.

I've never paid attention to this thread, nor have I ever clicked on it until this day.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't personally seek out your approval if I were to create a thread for a game of my own, though I'd totally understand if a Project Platinum thread was already planned for the game. I could see where you're coming from in that case. But, apart from this, if I didn't get your approval, I couldn't care less. I'd go off and create it nonetheless.

I have a real tendency to come off as an asshole, but I don't aim to in this case. It's still a very nice and useful gesture for you to have gone out of your way and create what is described as a "template" for these threads in general, and will certainly serve extremely useful. I just wanted to state my thoughts.

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

As I'm not actually in the loop about the loopholes, I'd assume at this moment in time seeing as Makise's plats aren't stackable through cross-saving (or at least I believe they're not) then they should account for one game each... Which means the minimum for games needed has been met.

Please, do correct me if I'm wrong because I do feel like I'm going out on a limb with this.

It's not about cross-saving. With stacking i meant completing games with the exact same trophy list. For example, Project Diva F & f is essentially the exact same game with the same trophy list just on a different platform. The same with the japanese version, exact same trophy list. That's what i meant with stacking. A lot of people don't like to do this, which is why there is the unique game rule.

It's not about cross-saving. With stacking i meant completing games with the exact same trophy list. For example, Project Diva F & f is essentially the exact same game with the same trophy list just on a different platform. The same with the japanese version, exact same trophy list. That's what i meant with stacking. A lot of people don't like to do this, which is why there is the unique game rule.

Oh right. I assumed in this circumstance that stacking would be applied as one taking plats and cross-saving them, not actual stacking by playing each game through over and over... :hmm: But that raises another argument, if they're putting the time in to plat it again, then surely it should be allowed to count as another game in the view of it having to be played fully yet again as it adds more time and an equal opportunity for plats, as opposed to games where people might cross-save plats but others will feel the need to do it legitimately again, disrupting the equality of the playing field.

Edited by Lillybuk

I've never paid attention to this thread, nor have I ever clicked on it until this day.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't personally seek out your approval if I were to create a thread for a game of my own, though I'd totally understand if a Project Platinum thread was already planned for the game. I could see where you're coming from in that case. But, apart from this, if I didn't get your approval, I couldn't care less. I'd go off and create it nonetheless.

I have a real tendency to come off as an asshole, but I don't aim to in this case. It's still a very nice and useful gesture for you to have gone out of your way and create what is described as a "template" for these threads in general, and will no doubt be used to no avail. I just wanted to state my thoughts.

Well you could see it as common courtesy.... Besides it's not really my approval. I don't think i have said no, to anyone who wanted to make one. As long as their idea was within the rules that were set (which were mostly decided by the ones who were interested in this idea from the start, i even added a poll and everything a while back)

But if someone really disagrees with this thread and PPs in general and wants to do something similar on their own, it's still a free world. And i doubt i will hold it against them or blaming them for "stealing my idea" .

Oh right. I assumed in this circumstance that stacking would be applied as one taking plats and cross-saving them, not actual stacking by playing each game through over and over... :hmm: But that raises another argument, if they're putting the time in to plat it again, then surely it should be allowed to count as another game in the view of it having to be played fully yet again as it adds more time and an equal opportunity for plats, as opposed to games where people might cross-save plats but others will feel the need to do it legitimately again, disrupting the equality of the playing field.

Well i see it like that too, i actually like to obtain duplicates. But not everyone agrees with having to play the same game several times in order to gain the top spot in a PP. It might not be that big of a deal to us but for a good chunk of people it is. 

Doing it this way was actually requested by quite a few users.

Edited by Zone Hunter

Well i see it like that too, i actually like to obtain duplicates. But not everyone agrees with having to play the same game several times in order to gain the top spot in a PP. It might not be that big of a deal to us but for a good chunk of people it is. 

Doing it this way was actually requested by quite a few users.

I understand the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few but surely by that logic it negates the point of allowing PP creators to choose whether they want to use stacks or not, because (and I might lose you here) they wont count for an individual game in the eyes of the initial creation of the thread, but only towards the ranking of their PP...which in my eyes causes an anomaly

• Like 1