Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I thought the exact opposite tbh. I thought it was a no brained that III, III: Remastered, I, I, II, and II should've been required.

Anything less than every list in a series is pointless and has no purpose imo, and, well.... As it is currently, it isn't every list.

I've already discussed this before (not with you) and, really, it's kinda tiring trading opinions on the matter

Let's just agree to disagree, but feel free to discuss with someone else who's willing to trade opinions :P

I'm here to add a suggest to the PP format, not looking to have a debate with members. If Zone Hunter likes it or not than that's fine.

With the opening of the GoW PP, the debate of unique platinums happened. My suggest is that the person that makes the PP should have a poll asking the people that join the event, "If they would prefer double platinums to be counted for ranks in that PP". That way its up to the people who are actually participating to decide it. With that you won't have to add it as a rule here forcing all other PPs to follow it.

It's a good idea, but let's be honest. Every poll will boil down to "I like to stack" - people vs "I don't like to stack" - people. So i don't think it's really worth the trouble to add a poll every time a new PP is released when the result is going to be more or less the same every time. We've had that debate in this thread a couple of times already ^^

I like how it is now, letting the creator decide which actual games influence the ranking. 

You could however discuss about the games in this thread for future PPs. Every future PP's games list is on the OP. (mostly every PP)

Edited by Zone Hunter

BTW Zone, I just noticed now, buy why is the Persona PP not under Ideas Reserved for the Future? The English version of P5 will most probably be out in September-December next year, so the PP won't be ready when my turn comes.

Oh, and can I require the JP lists for games that have separate lists?

BTW Zone, I just noticed now, buy why is the Persona PP not under Ideas Reserved for the Future? The English version of P5 will most probably be out in September-December next year, so the PP won't be ready when my turn comes.

My apologies, fixed it. 

Yes you can but i would advise against it. There are enough people against stacking already, making them stack in a language they don't understand is even worse. A lot of people won't like that decision. But if you really want to include the japanese lists you absolutely can.

My apologies, fixed it. 

Yes you can but i would advise against it. There are enough people against stacking already, making them stack in a language they don't understand is even worse. A lot of people won't like that decision. But if you really want to include the japanese lists you absolutely can.

Thanks!

Oh, and the thought only crossed my mind because of the lack of dual audio in the Persona games (and almost every ATLUS game, really). I have a lot of time to think this through though. :P

I'd just advise not to have double lists for P4A because it's the only region locked game on the system. With the exception of that game it would be fine imo

Edited by Jibril

I vote to pull the plug on this conversation. We're not talking about a lack of information, a misunderstanding, or a simple green-eggs & ham scenario here. This is a differing of gaming philosophies, plain and simple. No matter how persuasively or logically one person or side argues, not one person is going to change their opinion. This is how wars get started, granted not over video games, (yet) but the point stands.

Unfortunately what it boils down to is this: we have had this conversation already. This might actually be the third time it's come up. We had a poll, the people who wanted non-stackable plats won, but not by a big enough margin. So Zone, in a very fair way, left if up to the individual PP creators to decide. Because of this you have the R&C PP, where it's not required, and the MGS PP, where you can earn gold rank for playing every single game, but have to stack for platinum.

Everybody's making good points and talking logically, but this will never get resolved in a way that makes everyone happy. It's trite, but we should all just agree to disagree and move on, or I'm afraid that this might turn ugly and ruin what is supposed to be a community building activity.

We had a poll??? I missed that, when did it happen? I'm not taking part of any of these events simply because I don't agree with the rules at all (MGS is an exception). I think that if we had another poll to discuss this and it was openly talked about (because I only heard of it now, so I'm assuming it was a poll done in the shadows), I could put my vote there and, if we lost, I would shut the fuck up because that's democracy, right?

Other than that, I agree this won't go places.

I love senran kagura, but grinding 200 songs in bon appetit was boring as shit. I wouldn't do it all over again on the imported japanese version unless I really liked the series or had some sort of motivation to do it again. The platinum rank could be this kind of motivation.

I like how it is now, letting the creator decide which actual games influence the ranking. 

I was going to comment the opposite, I don't like how it is now. I think the bigger rule should be applied to every PP and as much as I love the MGS the way it's set, it shouldn't be like that since it differs from the rest. One to rule them all, people or shit will just start falling apart before you know it. :P

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

We had a poll??? I missed that, when did it happen? I'm not taking part of any of these events simply because I don't agree with the rules at all (MGS is an exception). I think that if we had another poll to discuss this and it was openly talked about (because I only heard of it now, so I'm assuming it was a poll done in the shadows), I could put my vote there and, if we lost, I would shut the fuck up because that's democracy, right?

Other than that, I agree this won't go places.

I love senran kagura, but grinding 200 songs in bon appetit was boring as shit. I wouldn't do it all over again on the imported japanese version unless I really liked the series or had some sort of motivation to do it again. The platinum rank could be this kind of motivation.

If somebody used the all lists thing on Senran Kagura it'd be impossible for non-Japanese accounts as in Japan there is A and B as well as a physical release the English release is A so yeah you'd still be a list short.

As for stacking lists for these I guess it depends on the games like the Atelier Plus titles are considerably different with extras including bosses and SAO and SAO Re are in a similar position but something like let's say Dead or Alive 5: Last Round and Dead or Alive 5: Last Round I would view as pointless for these unless the PP had either a 2nd platinum tier for those going the extra mile or a special emblem/award for the effort. Now even though the Atelier and SAO lists are the same or very slightly altered the experience offered is enough to warrant those being on the PP's list of requirements while in my fake DOA example there is nothing making it viable except padding.

I do feel that all PPs personally should accept the games in any region though sure some are different due to content(German/Australian) or even title(US/PAL/Japan) but if people are arguing costs to say no importing because it is unfair you need to make exceptions to permit everybody as some will use a different version without importing as it is their local version. (Is slightly bitter due to importing 2 Tales of titles...)

I hope this makes sense.

If somebody used the all lists thing on Senran Kagura it'd be impossible for non-Japanese accounts as in Japan there is A and B as well as a physical release the English release is A so yeah you'd still be a list short.

As for stacking lists for these I guess it depends on the games like the Atelier Plus titles are considerably different with extras including bosses and SAO and SAO Re are in a similar position but something like let's say Dead or Alive 5: Last Round and Dead or Alive 5: Last Round I would view as pointless for these unless the PP had either a 2nd platinum tier for those going the extra mile or a special emblem/award for the effort. Now even though the Atelier and SAO lists are the same or very slightly altered the experience offered is enough to warrant those being on the PP's list of requirements while in my fake DOA example there is nothing making it viable except padding.

I do feel that all PPs personally should accept the games in any region though sure some are different due to content(German/Australian) or even title(US/PAL/Japan) but if people are arguing costs to say no importing because it is unfair you need to make exceptions to permit everybody as some will use a different version without importing as it is their local version. (Is slightly bitter due to importing 2 Tales of titles...)

I hope this makes sense.

Forgot there were 2 japanese versions, my bad. Only 1 would be possible to import, the other is digital only, isn't it?

The problem lies exactly there, when do you exactly cross the line between 'what is enough to warrant a different game and what is not'. In my opinion, you either include all lists or no duplicates at all. Having double standarts looks horrible.

Wait, so you are telling me that you can't use any list you want to participate on this? I was quite sure you could do any version you want, but doing all them wouldn't give you any extra points. If that's true, wow, it must suck not to live in America or Europe. D:

• Like 1

If im correct in saying this, the point of project platinum was to show how much of a fan you are for a particular franchise? Having duplicate lists doesn't show that you are a bigger fan. I'd prefer if duplicates not being included was mandatory otherwise i have no chance for the metal gear top spot because i refuse to buy the same game twice. Not to mention a vita that is no longer supported. 

Forgot there were 2 japanese versions, my bad. Only 1 would be possible to import, the other is digital only, isn't it?

The problem lies exactly there, when do you exactly cross the line between 'what is enough to warrant a different game and what is not'. In my opinion, you either include all lists or no duplicates at all. Having double standarts looks horrible.

Wait, so you are telling me that you can't use any list you want to participate on this? I was quite sure you could do any version you want, but doing all them wouldn't give you any extra points. If that's true, wow, it must suck not to live in America or Europe. D:

Yep, 2 Japanese exclusive lists which are B and the physical version with B being digital only would make it impossible.

It really isn't a double standard and leaving it up to those running the PP is the best result as long as they put into account region locking(P4A for example) and PSV digital only releases(Senran Kagura B for example) so nobody has an impossible platinum tier I see no issue. I will admit to using a poor example of games but SAO Re and the Atelier Plus titles have a fair bit more content than their original versions having more to be accomplished for the platinum due to more images in the gallery, enemies, recipes... you get the idea while DOA5: LR is also an instant pop as well although a very strange instant pop.

Rule said only English lists originally on the Tales of PP and got changed after I had done the import order so I now have a PAL PS4 Zestiria next to my Japanese PS3 Zestiria and a PAL Tales of Xillia 2 next to my Japanese version.

• Like 1

Yep, 2 Japanese exclusive lists which are B and the physical version with B being digital only would make it impossible.

It really isn't a double standard and leaving it up to those running the PP is the best result as long as they put into account region locking(P4A for example) and PSV digital only releases(Senran Kagura B for example) so nobody has an impossible platinum tier I see no issue. I will admit to using a poor example of games but SAO Re and the Atelier Plus titles have a fair bit more content than their original versions having more to be accomplished for the platinum due to more images in the gallery, enemies, recipes... you get the idea while DOA5: LR is also an instant pop as well although a very strange instant pop.

Rule said only English lists originally on the Tales of PP and got changed after I had done the import order so I now have a PAL PS4 Zestiria next to my Japanese PS3 Zestiria and a PAL Tales of Xillia 2 next to my Japanese version.

Anyway, that was simply an example because that's one shitty grind I've been through, I bet one of the PP games should have another shit grind that could have suited as well that people wouldn't do again unless they were a hardcore fan.

How come it isn't double standart? Sometimes forcing people to get all of them and others don't even supporting such thing sounds very double standarts to me. Meh, no matter what is the requirement for the highest tier, rules gotta be bended when it's impractical to get all lists complete. I don't think anyone wouldn't make a japanese account and re purchase bon appetit there simply to get the highest rank there, even less because it wouldn't have the game done on their account.

Woah, that's shitty. Requiring only one list, no matter the country is one thing, but requiring a specific list is horrible. I thought the whole point of the non-stacking was not to force people to import games and that was exactly what happened there. :S

Anyway, that was simply an example because that's one shitty grind I've been through, I bet one of the PP games should have another shit grind that could have suited as well that people wouldn't do again unless they were a hardcore fan.

How come it isn't double standart? Sometimes forcing people to get all of them and others don't even supporting such thing sounds very double standarts to me. Meh, no matter what is the requirement for the highest tier, rules gotta be bended when it's impractical to get all lists complete. I don't think anyone wouldn't make a japanese account and re purchase bon appetit there simply to get the highest rank there, even less because it wouldn't have the game done on their account.

Woah, that's shitty. Requiring only one list, no matter the country is one thing, but requiring a specific list is horrible. I thought the whole point of the non-stacking was not to force people to import games and that was exactly what happened there. :S

Yeah but the same could be said there if it was similar gameplay for an entire series but I only thought to quote to point out that game would be an impossible title to completely stack if a non-Japanese profile.

This I suppose we can agree to disagree but I do feel leaving it to the person running the PP is best for example of the PPs I will be running only Dengeki has a stack of sorts with SAO while the BlazBlue PP is using only 1 list of each game although EXTEND versions are counted as different titles due to modes, trophies and such but console and country variants aren't counting if that makes any sense...

Yeah it really annoyed me personally and it annoyed Satoshi but only due to his favourite Japanese voice actress being absent in English versions.

My opinion on stacks is: "Use Neptunia/Atelier style"

i.e.

• consider remasters/remakes as separate list (afaik this argument started due to God of War not considering PS4 remasters as separate game and crapload of people getting easy Plat rank? So this would work?)
  • any game with more versions (PSV/PS3/PS4) released at the same time (or closely to each other without being considered remake) to be considered one PP game
  • possibility to use any region list (JP/EU/NA/KO/A, ...) for the point 2 games

If we omit the point 2, then it's pretty much as ExHaseo mentioned on madbuk's status.

"So, no one has every actually fully experienced any movie, until they've seen it on every single TV, in every single movie theater, on every single laptop, on every single phone, and on every single monitor? "

Imo this is the most fair way how to handle it. Neptunia thread started everything, thus, it should be consider the main template =D (Plus it has everything that's being considered as a problem here)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Made up my mind and i'd like to make a Project Souls thread. In regards to Scholar Of The First Sin being standalone i'd argue in its favor since you also have to get all the magic etc. from DLC areas in this one, which is enough of a difference.

I'll wait for more "official" confirmation first though.

Edited by HappyKastanie
  • Like 2

Made up my mind and i'd like to make a Project Souls thread. In regards to Scholar Of The First Sin being standalone i'd argue in its favor since you also have to get all the magic etc. from DLC areas in this one, which is enough of a difference.

Project Souls!!! Hell yeah man. I'll even make the thread banner for you  :yay:

Haven't played any of the games but this might help me push to try and start the series

Project Souls!!! Hell yeah man. I'll even make the thread banner for you  :yay:

I'd appreciate that actually. My image editing capabilities wouldn't have allowed for more than a resized wallpaper with some text on it.

I like this idea. I did bloodborne and i have demons souls ordered. While we are on this topic is scholar of the first sin basically a GOTY edition. I've always wondered because some talk about it like a new game.  

I like this idea. I did bloodborne and i have demons souls ordered. While we are on this topic is scholar of the first sin basically a GOTY edition. I've always wondered because some talk about it like a new game.  

That's more or less what it boils down to. I'd still count it as a separate list since you need to do the extra areas to get the Scholar plat so i'd find it hard to say it's equal to the vanilla DS2 platinum, as it requires more time investment and is arguably more difficult.

• Like 1

Based on the criteria I set, I typed up the following lists (the qualifying ones may not all be featured in the actual PP, I'm just being thorough-ish). I may be forgetting some games though or may not even know of some...

Platinum:

• Back to the Future: The Game (PS3 or PS4)
  • Broken Age
  • Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse (PS4)
  • Goosebumps: The Game
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3 or PS4)
  • The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

100%:

• Back to the Future (5 episodes, PS3 digital)
  • Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse Episodes 1 & 2 (Vita)
  • Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
  • King's Quest (PS3 or PS4)
  • Machinarium (PS3 or Vita)
  • Monkey Island games (Special Editons and the season by Telltale Games)
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All
  • Sam & Max seasons
  • StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People (5 episodes)
  • Syberia 1 & 2
  • The Quiet Collection

Undecided:

• Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (not out in EU yet so can't yet "experience" it to make a decision)
  • CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (does have an inventory system and is made by Telltale Games)
  • Hidden object games

Zadorvp, considering the huge amount of game lists in this category maybe you could make two PP instead of one, just think about it. Thanks. 

Edited by GoldenShaka

• consider remasters/remakes as separate list (afaik this argument started due to God of War not considering PS4 remasters as separate game and crapload of people getting easy Plat rank? So this would work?)

you only dont like it that now ppl get more points and push your high rank down :D .  And believe me ... with remaster included it would change nothing on the high amount of Plat ranks.  GoW are just easy as hell to Plat compared to Atelier/Tales/MGS etc.

Edited by Xionx

you only dont like it that now ppl get more points and push your high rank down :D .  And believe me ... with remaster included it would change nothing on the high amount of Plat ranks.  GoW are just easy as hell to Plat compared to Atelier/Tales/MGS etc.

I don't really care about that, I was prepared for it :P

I knew I couldn't stay first since I only plan to participate in J-related PPs so my max is pretty much 54 points in any case.

But I supposed that since that was the main topic on madbuk's status update so I presumed that was the case and presented my opinion how to fix it.

Also, shouldn't you be up for stacking considering how you handled MGS? =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami