The Walking Dead General Discussion

Parker

I figured instead of having a new thread every time an episode releases, we could all share our experiences with the game in a single thread.

I shouldn't have to say this because it should be obvious, but we're going to be talking about the story and if you don't want anything spoiled for you don't read any further. We aren't going to use spoiler tags because the whole purpose of the thread is for discussion the episodes events.

I just finished Episode 2 this morning and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic. It felt shorter than the first episode but I felt like it was much better overall. I had a weird feeling bout the two brothers form the beginning (felt like they were hiding something) and I was right. It was still pretty unexpected what they were really up to, but I knew they weren't as good as they were trying to make themselves seem.

So, what choices did you guys make in the second episode? When we were locked up in the meat locker and Larry had a heart attack, I chose to side with Kenny and destroy the brain. I didn't want to do it in front of Clementine but he was in bad shape in the first episode and 3 months later I don't imagine he'd be getting any better. Lily was pissed to say the least, especially when we needed to get the change from his pocket, but I did what I felt was necessary. When I was fighting with Danny (or Andy?) by the electric fence and yelled for Lily to help me, she just stood there with the gun and watched as I almost died. I'm going to either let her die or kick her out of the group whenever I get a chance, I've always liked Kenny more than her. I decided not to kill either one of the brothers, even though I really wanted to kill both of them, because I wanted Clementine to see there is hopefully some humanity left in people, even in the most desperate situations. Unfortunately she wasn't very happy when we decided to loot the car at the end, but everyone needed food and I convinced her to take the hoodie.

I wonder if we'll see anymore about the footage that crazy woman had (filming our group at the Motor Inn) or if it was just to make the player feel bad if we decided to shoot her. I didn't shoot her, but Danny did.

Anyways, I thought this episode was better than the first and I can't wait for the third.

Parker

I'm going to ignore everything you said in your post because I haven't played through Episode 2 yet (bought both Episode 1 and 2 when 2 came out this week). Episode 1 was really cool though. Actually felt for the characters by the end, hate that stupid old man. Spend so much time getting his damn pills and he out and out tries to get you killed. And he still screws with you at the end there. I hope we legitimately get to choose whether he lives or dies at some point.

Love the story, love the dialog, love the characters... I hate the stupid little "look around for the one object mostly off the screen that will solve the puzzle" puzzles though, like at the motel. I was looking around for like 30 minutes until I was like... oh, the brick. Or oh, the pillow. That makes sense. Glad they were barely on the screen to begin with.

Then again, I've never been any good at the puzzles. Hope there's more character building and life or death decision making in future episodes, and less puzzles like that.

Edited by Dreakon139

I'm going to ignore everything you said in your post because I haven't played through Episode 2 yet (bought both Episode 1 and 2 when 2 came out this week). Episode 1 was really cool though. Actually felt for the characters by the end, hate that stupid old man. Spend so much time getting his damn pills and he out and out tries to get you killed. And he still screws with you at the end there. I hope we legitimately get to choose whether he lives or dies at some point.

Love the story, love the dialog, love the characters... I hate the stupid little "look around for the one object mostly off the screen that will solve the puzzle" puzzles though, like at the motel. I was looking around for like 30 minutes until I was like... oh, the brick. Or oh, the pillow. That makes sense. Glad they were barely on the screen to begin with.

Then again, I've never been any good at the puzzles. Hope there's more character building and life or death decision making in future episodes, and less puzzles like that.

I think you are going to really enjoy episode 2. I too was bothered with the amount of little "puzzle solving" sections in the first episode and it has been severely toned down in the second. This episode seemed much more involved with character interaction over finding a few little items to progress and it flowed much better than the first. My wife is actually playing through the first episode now because she loved watching me play through this one and wants to start her own adventure.

Episode 2 was certainly worth the wait but I hope the third comes sooner rather than later.

Parker

OMG!!!! Episode 2 was AMAZING!!!! If only all of Telltale's game were this phenomenal. Any of you that have played the story two time over thus far, how much does the actual story change? Do you pretty much follow the same path? Anyway, episode 2 had to be my favorite episode of ANY Telltale game to date.

I thought Episode 2 was waaay better than Episode 1. The plot was very interesting, and I loved the converation

"It's a salt lick, but don't lick it, it's nasty"

"Did you lick it?"

"...I don't know"

That way she paused and then said I don't know had me cracking up. So awesome.

This is right up there with Back to the Future episodes 3 and 5 as my favorite Telltales games.

Finally got to play episode 2, This is really shaping up to be worthy of The Walking Dead name. As long as they keep the quality up to this standard, I dont care if the updates change from monthly to "periodically".

I've updated the choices I made in the other thread that was started up some time ago, but I have to say, I didnt trust the brothers from the moment they turned up at the motor inn. My missus thought I was being paranoid (Even though I explained to her that we are in a different world now and we cant just take everyone at face value!), eventually though, the little bastards proved me right...

I think I may be haunted by Andy St. John tonight though... Lee, Leeeeee, Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• 1 month later...

So, does anyone know how the Platinum will work for this game? I'm assuming it's different than Back to the Future as there is only one trophy list under "Games" for TWD. BttF had individual trophy lists for the chapters and then a whole separate list for the "retail" version (which included different valued trophies and a Platinum).

I also see that there are 0.00% for Episode 3 and 4 trophies... those aren't available yet? :(

So, does anyone know how the Platinum will work for this game? I'm assuming it's different than Back to the Future as there is only one trophy list under "Games" for TWD. BttF had individual trophy lists for the chapters and then a whole separate list for the "retail" version (which included different valued trophies and a Platinum).

I also see that there are 0.00% for Episode 3 and 4 trophies... those aren't available yet? :(

Episode 3 (due mid-August) and onward are yet to be released, but essentially the plat should pop after completion of all episodes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am nearly done with episode 3!!!! DAMN! Why did Carley die? I was attached to her! I totally left the b, Lilly behind. It was really sad to see Duck go and his mother commit suicide. I killed finished off Duck to spare his dad, but I am wondering if I made the right decision?