SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My collectible trophies are glitched and aren't popping, so I'm gonna have to delete my save, and do everything again playing offline.  :|

And knowing my luck, the PS4 will do that weird futuristic shit and turn itself on at 7am, signing me in and glitching my game again. Might have to do the entirety of Golden God in 1 sitting...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Holy fish paste I got Girl Boy from 7-1 to 7-20 on New Year's Day. I am so happy.

GPGWin3.jpg

I just did the same 1 to 20 aswell!!

Difference is mine didn't pop and I almost died inside. damn it ps4 don't scare me like that!!

1st trophy of the year down, now to get the plat as 9000th trophy :D

• Like 3

On 1/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

I just did the same 1 to 20 aswell!!

Difference is mine didn't pop and I almost died inside. damn it ps4 don't scare me like that!!

1st trophy of the year down, now to get the plat as 9000th trophy :D

Congrats!!! Let's see who can get the Plat first? Just a friendly competition :D

On the other hand, is this normal? I got the trophy even if there are still remaining stages not yet done. F*** stage 7-2x. I can't get at the top.
oe6cP3m.jpg

8 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Congrats!!! Let's see who can get the Plat first? Just a friendly competition :D

On the other hand, is this normal? I got the trophy even if there are still remaining stages not yet done. F*** stage 7-2x. I can't get at the top.
oe6cP3m.jpg

Sure, why not!

I'll probably only finish by the 14th or 15th though, It'll take more than a weekend to do impossible boy I reckon

Yeah, I still have 17, 18, 19 and 20 to complete and got the Golden god trophy ages ago

2 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Sure, why not!

I'll probably only finish by the 14th or 15th though, It'll take more than a weekend to do impossible boy I reckon

Yeah, I still have 17, 18, 19 and 20 to complete and got the Golden god trophy ages ago

I'll probably finish next year :D

38 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I found out today that using the d pad instead of the joystick makes it much easier to maneuver in a lot of stages...I'm ashamed it took me until impossible boy to discover this :facepalm:

At least you're now closer to getting the Impossible. 

Until now I haven't cleared stage 7-20x. :D 
The stages that I suck: 1.2.8.9.14.15.18.19 and f***ing 20.
Got some tips to share?

9 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Got some tips to share?

Not really, for now I just want to get good on level 1 through 10, once I do that I'll start going for the other stages, I think 1 to 10 has mostly easy levels even though 1 and 2 take some practice to get good at

Still haven't passed 17, 18, 19 and 20 lol

• Like 1

On 06/01/2017 at 10:25 PM, reckscollie said:

Got some tips to share?

1 is a pain in the ass. Only difficult part is the jump to the middle area from the right. I find that getting closer to the wall saw helps me with speed and velocity to get to the middle right wall.

2 is all about resetting your speed and don't get killed in the horizontal movement. for down-up transition, slide up and down the wall until you are comfortable to make the transition. if you jump before the bottom saw comes out and you hold the jump, the top saw will hit the wall below you and when you line up with the blocks you need to jump on, jump left and you gonna fly over the saw, then it's just a matter of timing your jumps until the end. I was a pain in the ass before, pretty easy now.

8 is my bane, but jump to the wall, slide down, jump to the key and imediately back to the wall, slide down and jump 2 slimes to the left, you should be good for the key.

9 salt shaker is pretty easy when you get the timing down, you need to start holding the left button before the saws show up in the screen. honestly, i can't help you much on this one, it's all muscle memory

14 when you get to the key, make a small full stop before jumping to the opposite side so you don't overdo it or miss the jump.

15 move from start and jump left as soon as you spawn, the top left missile will hit the block, climb up and reach the D wall, jump to the key and make a small full stop, then ignore the missiles and climb the right D wall and stay above it timing your slides so the middle missile hits the block. if you hit your head against the block, you are dead, restart.

18 struggling with this one? I gotta play it again to see what can be difficult about it EDIT: oh lmao they bite. It's one of the hardest ones to explain imo, I can PM you my video if you want, becomes a 10% risk mission if you do it right, but explaining without visual assistance is madness

19 it's all in the timing, i make jumps in 2s until the top, release running button and it's a matter of getting the timing down. it's pretty easy when you have it

20 this is the same as light, but reverted and timed. the beginning is the hardest part but after that is smooth sailing. when you get to that saw that comes up and down to the left, wait until it's past the most left bottom part and go under it. you can jump over it at that moment, but why risking it for 0.3 seconds? it's not like you gonna be short on time after that anyway

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

1 is a pain in the ass. Only difficult part is the jump to the middle area from the right. I find that getting closer to the wall saw helps me with speed and velocity to get to the middle right wall.

2 is all about resetting your speed and don't get killed in the horizontal movement. for down-up transition, slide up and down the wall until you are comfortable to make the transition. if you jump before the bottom saw comes out and you hold the jump, the top saw will hit the wall below you and when you line up with the blocks you need to jump on, jump left and you gonna fly over the saw, then it's just a matter of timing your jumps until the end. I was a pain in the ass before, pretty easy now.

8 is my bane, but jump to the wall, slide down, jump to the key and imediately back to the wall, slide down and jump 2 slimes to the left, you should be good for the key.

9 salt shaker is pretty easy when you get the timing down, you need to start holding the left button before the saws show up in the screen. honestly, i can't help you much on this one, it's all muscle memory

14 when you get to the key, make a small full stop before jumping to the opposite side so you don't overdo it or miss the jump.

15 move from start and jump left as soon as you spawn, the top left missile will hit the block, climb up and reach the D wall, jump to the key and make a small full stop, then ignore the missiles and climb the right D wall and stay above it timing your slides so the middle missile hits the block. if you hit your head against the block, you are dead, restart.

18 struggling with this one? I gotta play it again to see what can be difficult about it EDIT: oh lmao they bite. It's one of the hardest ones to explain imo, I can PM you my video if you want, becomes a 10% risk mission if you do it right, but explaining without visual assistance is madness

19 it's all in the timing, i make jumps in 2s until the top, release running button and it's a matter of getting the timing down. it's pretty easy when you have it

20 this is the same as light, but reverted and timed. the beginning is the hardest part but after that is smooth sailing. when you get to that saw that comes up and down to the left, wait until it's past the most left bottom part and go under it. you can jump over it at that moment, but why risking it for 0.3 seconds? it's not like you gonna be short on time after that anyway

Thanks a lot! I got that all noted and please I got to see that video :D

I think I already got 8 90%, finally found the mark on when to jump. I need a whole lot more to practice.

56 minutes ago, reckscollie said:

Thanks a lot! I got that all noted and please I got to see that video :D

I think I already got 8 90%, finally found the mark on when to jump. I need a whole lot more to practice.

8 is all about waiting for me, if you know when to jump you can take your time, just gotta see the pattern

I probably won't be able to do the no death today because I still need a lot of practice but the ones I'm having more difficulty with are

1 - the saws in the bottom part are still hard to go through

9 - the timing is killing me

18 - I think it's because I don't have a strategy per se, if I had a good way to go around the map which I can follow every time I think this could be easy

19 - the timing on the top is still a problem

And I don't really count 20 because that will always be the 1st level I do even though I still only finished it once, I don't think it's the hardest level but it takes time and it could be bad under pressure so I'll do it 1st

I can now do 2 through 8 without dying so that will be the last part of my no death run, still deciding the order but it will probably be something like 20, 18, 19, 1, 8 through 17 and 2 through 7 at the end

I'd leave 8 for last but since I can do 7 way easier and 8 is a bit tight I could easily choke on 8

This is how I see when I'm good to go, when the enemy hits the blue part I go forward and when it hits the green part I go back

8.png

Edited by HardXDXtraga
adding photo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

8 is all about waiting for me, if you know when to jump you can take your time, just gotta see the pattern

I probably won't be able to do the no death today because I still need a lot of practice but the ones I'm having more difficulty with are

18 - I think it's because I don't have a strategy per se, if I had a good way to go around the map which I can follow every time I think this could be easy

And I don't really count 20 because that will always be the 1st level I do even though I still only finished it once, I don't think it's the hardest level but it takes time and it could be bad under pressure so I'll do it 1st

I can now do 2 through 8 without dying so that will be the last part of my no death run, still deciding the order but it will probably be something like 20, 18, 19, 1, 8 through 17 and 2 through 7 at the end

I'd leave 8 for last but since I can do 7 way easier and 8 is a bit tight I could easily choke on 8

Please make 7 be the last. So when bandage girl fly, you'll feel flying too on your way to platinum. But if you fail because of unknown reasons, the magic pixel failed, the most annoying feeling ever.

22 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

This is how I see when I'm good to go, when the enemy hits the blue part I go forward and when it hits the green part I go back

Hide contents

8.png

I would never do 7 as last because of the lag it can have making your inputs fail. Actually 7 is like my 6th in the run because it's retarded. Apart from 1 2 6 7 8 13 14 15 19 20, no other stage matter because they are pretty much 100% win ratio.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Got past 1, 8, 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, 7, 9 then died at 2 in a very retarded way ARRRRRRGH. I WAS FUCKING DONE ALREADY, it was a matter of being careful with 6 and Curls and 18 and it would be over FUCKING SHIT

You're close, keep at it, I can now do 1 through 14 without dying, 20/20 screws me a lot of times

8 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

You're close, keep at it, I can now do 1 through 14 without dying, 20/20 screws me a lot of times

Which side are you taking when you start? Are you making sure to stop at the top when you get the key before you restart running and jump? You need to reset your speed in order to not overdo/miss the jump post key.