SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

10 hours ago, reckscollie said:

I tried to play Kid's stage again yesterday and went on 20 minutes just dying on the first stage then I quit. :awesome:

It's a massive pain in the ass. It's the reason I quit the game back in June of 2016. In fact, the whole reason I came back to SMB is because I was frustrated with Persona 5, and wanted to feel real frustration so I could appreciate it more. I would have never thought I'd actually come back to SMB seriously.xD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's a massive pain in the ass. It's the reason I quit the game back in June of 2016. In fact, the whole reason I came back to SMB is because I was frustrated with Persona 5, and wanted to feel real frustration so I could appreciate it more. I would have never thought I'd actually come back to SMB seriously.xD

You are not aiming for the plat then, are you?

I returned to SMB a few weeks ago to feel real pain, but after a long break I didn't feel the game was as bad as I remember, I became better at this, and thanks to the Kid's ability, some levels felt easier to beat. However, the last no death trophies are no joke, they require full concentration and no mistakes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deceptrox said:

You are not aiming for the plat then, are you?

Not yet, at least. I'm just taking it (relatively) easy, getting the trophies that I can while still enjoying the content of the game. Warp zones, the real end, suffragette - these are all content-based trophies that I would like. I don't know if I care enough to practice the same levels over and over, though, to get the plat.

So...we'll see.

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not yet, at least. I'm just taking it (relatively) easy, getting the trophies that I can while still enjoying the content of the game. Warp zones, the real end, suffragette - these are all content-based trophies that I would like. I don't know if I care enough to practice the same levels over and over, though, to get the plat.

So...we'll see.

Good luck to you bro. You will need it. This is currently my most wanted plat along with the Uncharted 4 Survival 3 Star Crushing trophy. But alot off people recommend it to play on the Vita. As it is easier to focus on the small screen.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

A pretty decent day yesterday, actually. I knocked out another level of Cotton Alley (God - that's such slow going), and unlocked all remaining Warp Zones (though I haven't beaten them yet). I also finished another no-death run (Salt Factory).

So, a story of triumph today!

I'm still working on unlocking the last warp zone... Then I have to beat them, some of them are a pain in my neck. 

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice while doing Demon Boy that the moving platforms in some of the levels on Hell dark world will just kill you for no reason when you try to land on them? It's ending a lot of my runs and it's really.. really frustrating..

EDIT: Just got the trophy, put the levels with the moving platforms at the beginning and completed it in less than an hour :D

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

My right hand is aching, I'm worried I won't be able to keep playing much longer. I wish I'd used L1 instead of R1 to sprint but when I try now it's just too awkward. I'm so addicted to this game but bloody hell it is tough! My hands are constantly sweating, any tips for that? I really need to give this game up but I just can't seem to put it down... ?

28 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

My right hand is aching, I'm worried I won't be able to keep playing much longer. I wish I'd used L1 instead of R1 to sprint but when I try now it's just too awkward. I'm so addicted to this game but bloody hell it is tough! My hands are constantly sweating, any tips for that? I really need to give this game up but I just can't seem to put it down... 1f601.png

Are you playing on a "Blank account"? Cus i am playing, and i will see how far i go to pop the trophies. 

3 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Are you playing on a "Blank account"? Cus i am playing, and i will see how far i go to pop the trophies. 

I'm playing on a blank account yes because if I can't complete it I don't want it forever on my profile taunting me lol I'm on the rapture world trying to do the first warp zone, been stuck here a couple of hours :facepalm: I'm not giving up yet though! Are you playing on a blank account also?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

I'm playing on a blank account yes because if I can't complete it I don't want it forever on my profile taunting me lol I'm on the rapture world trying to do the first warp zone, been stuck here a couple of hours :facepalm: I'm not giving up yet though! Are you playing on a blank account also?

Yes i do the same as you. I am playing it on a blank account so that if i ever giving up don't have to deal with the game again. But i can always go back to my Super Meat Boy blank account and keep continue whenever i'm free and have nothing to play. That is better than earning a trophy from this game on your main account. In fact i do have the 0% on my main account. Witch i did to track people from this website to see how far they are.

Just now, TazDevilz1986 said:

Yes i do the same as you. I am playing it on a blank account so that if i ever giving up don't have to deal with the game again. But i can always go back to my Super Meat Boy blank account and keep continue whenever i'm free and have nothing to play. That is better than earning a trophy from this game on your main account. In fact i do have the 0% on my main account. Witch i did to track people from this website to see how far they are.

That's a good idea I think I'll do the same. Saves having to keep searching for the game. You been playing it long? I'm really addicted to this game lol will be awhile before I totally give up I reckon. I'm at 8% beaten ten warp zones, unlocked commander video and forest light world no deaths. Let me know how you're getting on - we can motivate each other ?

16 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

My right hand is aching, I'm worried I won't be able to keep playing much longer. I wish I'd used L1 instead of R1 to sprint but when I try now it's just too awkward. I'm so addicted to this game but bloody hell it is tough! My hands are constantly sweating, any tips for that? I really need to give this game up but I just can't seem to put it down... 1f601.png

You use L1/R1 to sprint? That sounds painful. Why not try the square button? Nothing is going to save the sweaty hands, though. It's a big pain when you are doing long levels (like The Kid).

Anyway, another story of triumph. I came home yesterday and knocked out The Forest dark world no-death run. That's 4 of 12. I know they get harder, but I'm still pretty pleased with myself. I also knocked out another level of Cotton Alley (why am I so bad at that area?). 

Up next is almost certainly a no death run in The Hospital dark world. After that? I think it's time to beat Cotton Alley (finally), and knock out the warp zones.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

You use L1/R1 to sprint? That sounds painful. Why not try the square button? Nothing is going to save the sweaty hands, though. It's a big pain when you are doing long levels (like The Kid).

Anyway, another story of triumph. I came home yesterday and knocked out The Forest dark world no-death run. That's 4 of 12. I know they get harder, but I'm still pretty pleased with myself. I also knocked out another level of Cotton Alley (why am I so bad at that area?). 

Up next is almost certainly a no death run in The Hospital dark world. After that? I think it's time to beat Cotton Alley (finally), and knock out the warp zones.

Yeah holding down R1 is definitely what is making my hand painful. I didn't know you could use square :facepalm: It took me all day yesterday to get past the first stage of The Kid warp zone, now I'm stuck on the second stage - I can't get past that bit at the top. Haven't gone near Cotton Alley yet but it sounds like torture lol. Best of luck with the Hospital Dark World, if I've learned anything from this game it's that determination will get you through.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, Hogie838 said:

My right hand is aching, I'm worried I won't be able to keep playing much longer. I wish I'd used L1 instead of R1 to sprint but when I try now it's just too awkward. I'm so addicted to this game but bloody hell it is tough! My hands are constantly sweating, any tips for that? I really need to give this game up but I just can't seem to put it down... ?

I'm so done with smb!!! ?

They should have called the Platinum : Trigger Finger.

Yep its one of those game wich were a nightmare to complete but you are glad every time you think about it. Toukiden Kiwami is the opposite, it was a nightmare to complete and i get a alergic reaction from my body every time i think about it.

On 1-5-2017 at 10:30 PM, Hogie838 said:

That's a good idea I think I'll do the same. Saves having to keep searching for the game. You been playing it long? I'm really addicted to this game lol will be awhile before I totally give up I reckon. I'm at 8% beaten ten warp zones, unlocked commander video and forest light world no deaths. Let me know how you're getting on - we can motivate each other 1f603.png

What happend? I thought you were playing it on the blank account. Now i see the game on your profile..

On 3-5-2017 at 11:45 AM, Broni1337 said:

Yep its one of those game wich were a nightmare to complete but you are glad every time you think about it. Toukiden Kiwami is the opposite, it was a nightmare to complete and i get a alergic reaction from my body every time i think about it.

Well atleast you got the plat really early good job.

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

What happend? I thought you were playing it on the blank account. Now i see the game on your profile..

I know, the game has cross save so I thought I could play on the vita aswell but I can't get it to work (I think because I started it on a blank account?) Anyway I'm commited now! I'll give it my best shot before I totally give up. Even though it's hard as hell I'm really enjoying it. How you getting on? It took me 2 days to unlock The Kid - I was nearly giving up LOL but the no death runs are certainly a lot easier with him.

Edited by Hogie838

38 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

I know, the game has cross save so I thought I could play on the vita aswell but I can't get it to work (I think because I started it on a blank account?) Anyway I'm commited now! I'll give it my best shot before I totally give up. Even though it's hard as hell I'm really enjoying it. How you getting on? It took me 2 days to unlock The Kid - I was nearly giving up LOL but the no death runs are certainly a lot easier with him.

I'm afraid the game doesn't have a cross save witch sucks. I really didn't play it yet seriously because i'm doing my biggest grind in MXGP on PS3 witch is needed for the 1 million fans a dumb trophy that was only 100k on the PS4 and i still need 250k left. I'll let you know when i'm going to start it seriously on the blank account.

Edited by TazDevilz1986