Shooters without Multiplayer...

Kazeh54

Well, to suggest something more out of the box I'll say Singularity. It has multiplayer trophies, but I think it's a great game to play. It can be found for like 5-10 bucks so its not a huge investment. The story is good and the gameplay is solid. Real shame Activision didnt promote or support the game. I was really positively surprised by the game when I got it a few years back for so cheap and how good it was. It's obviously for PS3 though.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Borderlands Collection is actually MP heavy, it's just not competitive MP heavy.

I recommend:

- Resistance: Fall of Man

- Resistance 2 (servers were shut down so MP is no longer enabled, but then again you can buy any shooter with MP and simply just avoid playing the MP, which in your case I would recommend for Killzone 2 since its a great FPS with a great story)

- Resistance 3 (servers were shut down so MP is no longer enabled, but then again you can buy any shooter with MP and simply avoid playing the MP, which in your case I would recommend for Killzone 3 since its a great FPS with a good story)

- Crysis

A lot of shooters with MP are really good so I can't say much more without MP.

Crysis was a good game with no MP element attached.  Delta difficulty was tough on the final level, but other than that, it's a fairly easy platinum.

Bioshock is also a highly praised game.  I've yet to play it myself, although it is in my backlo, and I do intend to start it soon.

Bulletstorm is fantastic fun to play.  The MP servers are closed so you can't play the Anarchy mode, however.  The script is average and the voice acting is cheesy, but the game itself is brilliant fun, with 131 different ways to kill enemies. :)

Is the platinum fairly short? I have that in my backlog :P

As the guy you asked answered, it's short, pretty decent (and I'm not into FPS games usually) and quite easy. You need to do two playthroughs and some side-mission stuff, and one of the playthroughs must be on hard, but there's soooooo many checkpoints. I died 3 times I think during my hard playthrough, and I was set back by like a total of 10 seconds or something. There's even several checkpoints during bosses..... The hardest part was the side-mission stuff IMO.

• Like 1

As the guy you asked answered, it's short, pretty decent (and I'm not into FPS games usually) and quite easy. You need to do two playthroughs and some side-mission stuff, and one of the playthroughs must be on hard, but there's soooooo many checkpoints. I died 3 times I think during my hard playthrough, and I was set back by like a total of 10 seconds or something. There's even several checkpoints during bosses..... The hardest part was the side-mission stuff IMO.

Awesome, I'll definitely get it done soon then ^_^

If you don't care about the trophies, play Time Splitters 2 for PS2. :)

As for other shooter games... idk, I'm not really into the genre, but here's what I've played and enjoyed for PS3 that doesn't have online trophies etc:

Uncharted 1

Borderlands (can't remember if it has any trophies that require online MP, but if it does, they are few and easy to get)

The Darkness II

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (I guess you could say they are third person shooter games too)

Wolfenstein 3D (no plat, and very old-school)

Far Cry 3 (this game has a couple of online trophies, which are very easy to get with a single boosting partner)

- uncharted series

- the darkness 2

- spec ops the line

- bioshock

- tomb raider

- resistance 2

And a lot that I can't remember right now ..... Good luck on finding what you need :D

If you don't care about the trophies, play Time Splitters 2 for PS2. :)

As for other shooter games... idk, I'm not really into the genre, but here's what I've played and enjoyed for PS3 that doesn't have online trophies etc:

Uncharted 1

Borderlands (can't remember if it has any trophies that require online MP, but if it does, they are few and easy to get)

The Darkness II

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (I guess you could say they are third person shooter games too)

Wolfenstein 3D (no plat, and very old-school)

Far Cry 3 (this game has a couple of online trophies, which are very easy to get with a single boosting partner)

omg timesplitters 2 one of the best shooter games that I've ever played a true masterpiece I cant believe I missed that .