Shooters without Multiplayer...

Kazeh54

Hey guys. After playing the Battlefront BETA, it's made me want to get into a good shooter. I would prefer something that doesn't have online multiplayer though.

I've been sat on the fence about Destiny (yes I know this is multiplayer) but the whole DLC stuff is holding me back along with the conflicting opinions of "Now its great" and "it's the same old boring overpriced shit"

The Metro games are a perfect example of a Shooter that doesn't need multiplayer to be good. Here are the games I have played that aren't multiplayer heavy:

Far Cry 3,4
Metro Redux
Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection

Can anyone recommend a shooter that would be along the lines of what im asking? I've heard Wolfenstein is a good series....

I would also like to keep it to PS4 games, but if you know a PS3 game that I should play then im open to it.

Cheers.

I found Bioshock Infinite a lot of fun, but that's only PS3.

Supposedly, a PS4 Bioshock collection was leaked via an early listing on... Amazon I think it was? So you may want to wait on this series a bit.

I tried Bioshock and found it pretty good. 2 I've heard is terrible as it's a different dev. I will wait for a PS4 version to come out and then look into it more. Thank you.

If you get the Taken King edition of Destiny the game is good, otherwise it's just a demo. You can't even do trials of osiris anymore. You can stay away from most of the PvP there if you want.

I can recommend Spec Ops: The Line for ps3, awesome and mp-less.

I would get the Taken King, but I think I am still waiting to see if the next thing will be Destiny 2. Then I'd pick it up, as I don't see myself playing the same game for 10 years. As a completionist, a game with 10years of DLC would be a pain in the ass....just like Warframe.

I heard Spec Ops was a vastly underrated game. Will add it to my list and look into it. Thank you.

Even though you mainly want PS4 games.. The Darkness II on PS3, a highly underrated game imo. Short story, but gameplay well makes up for that

This did cross my mind as it's not just a generic shooter as you have that sweet looking darkness power. Will look into it. Thank you.

The Order 1886 is a good shooter game

I've heard a lot of disappointment with this game. I did want to pick it up. Seeing as you beat it in a little over a day, I will wait for a bargain bin pick up of it. Thank you.

Uncharted Collection is the best way to go!

Doesn't this have a tedious online? Or are the trophies around that gone in the collection? It has been tempting to finally get this series on my list. Will look into it more. Thank you.

i really would check out wolfenstein: the new order, it was one of my biggest surprises in 2014. play it on uber, too. 

and definitely +1 on metro redux. you can get it really cheap now.

Would you only recommend that one, or the series? I have heard good things on it. I will look into the series more. Thank you.

I beat both the Metro games lol. Now they were amazing.

Would you only recommend that one, or the series? I have heard good things on it. I will look into the series more. Thank you.

I beat both the Metro games lol. Now they were amazing.

definitely misread your OP, my bad! but yes i do agree that the metro games are awesome. 

as for wolfenstein: the new order, yeah just the one because it's the only i've played. i can't vouch for any others.

Hey guys. After playing the Battlefront BETA, it's made me want to get into a good shooter. I would prefer something that doesn't have online multiplayer though.

I've been sat on the fence about Destiny (yes I know this is multiplayer) but the whole DLC stuff is holding me back along with the conflicting opinions of "Now its great" and "it's the same old boring overpriced shit"

The Metro games are a perfect example of a Shooter that doesn't need multiplayer to be good. Here are the games I have played that aren't multiplayer heavy:

Far Cry 3,4

Metro Redux

Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection

Can anyone recommend a shooter that would be along the lines of what im asking? I've heard Wolfenstein is a good series....

I would also like to keep it to PS4 games, but if you know a PS3 game that I should play then im open to it.

Cheers.

Uncharted series. The multiplayer was taken out of it.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Shadow Warrior man. It's cheap now and about to get a sequel ( the sequel is Coop). So much fun, moving story and funny dialogue, doesn't take itself too seriously and a very old school feel. It's still the most fun I've ever had with an fps with some awesome sword combat and magics.

Edited by MagicSandwych

PS3:

I will add my vote to Spec Ops: The Line. No MP trophies so if you are looking to platinum the game you don't have to rely on other people. It's also a lot of fun to play and FUBAR will test you in some spots. ;)

I would also add Rage to the list. It has 2 actual online trophies (I believe it's the racing ones because you can split screen the others I think.)

The only online trophy that needs work is actually winning the race lol. The other one is just completing a race no matter the rank.

The DLC I read can take a few hours but afaik there is no requirement for MP/Online.

EDIT: I will say this about Rage...it barely has a story. It's almost non-existent really and the ending is going to make you a bit mad. But the game was still fun to play imo.

PS4:

The Uncharted Trilogy remastered. NO ONLINE!!! You don't have to deal with the BS of ridiculous DLC MP trophies. ;)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

PS3:

I will add my vote to Spec Ops: The Line. No MP trophies so if you are looking to platinum the game you don't have to rely on other people. It's also a lot of fun to play and FUBAR will test you in some spots. ;)

I would also add Rage to the list. It has 2 actual online trophies (I believe it's the racing ones because you can split screen the others I think.)

The only online trophy that needs work is actually winning the race lol. The other one is just completing a race no matter the rank.

The DLC I read can take a few hours but afaik there is no requirement for MP/Online.

EDIT: I will say this about Rage...it barely has a story. It's almost non-existent really and the ending is going to make you a bit mad. But the game was still fun to play imo.

PS4:

The Uncharted Trilogy remastered. NO ONLINE!!! You don't have to deal with the BS of ridiculous DLC MP trophies. ;)

Thanks for your contribution, I will be looking into all the suggestions. Uncharted is a strong contender

Shadow Warrior is exactly what you're looking for. It has a pretty long campaign as well since it took me around 17 hours the first time. Give it a shot.

Shadow Warrior man. It's cheap now and about to get a sequel ( the sequel is Coop). So much fun, moving story and funny dialogue, doesn't take itself too seriously and a very old school feel. It's still the most fun I've ever had with an fps with some awesome sword combat and magics.

Game looks interesting. I do enjoy over the top stuff. The edition of the sword is also appealing. Thanks for the suggestion

I'm surprised you haven't played Uncharted, please go and enjoy those masterpieces!  ;)

Noted. I was interested in it for a while, then the collection came out and I've been thinking about getting it. With several people saying it's a must own, I'll be adding it to my collection. Thank you

• Like 1