Purchased this morning.

Got up and purchased this today have played about 30 mins so far and it's so much better than Unity (which I didn't totally hate) characters seem likeable and haven't seen any bugs yet or noticed any real FPS issues (although I am only 30 mins in).

There was an update but it wasn't a huge one like last year. I'm even more excited now for this game as its giving hope that they have sorted a lot of issues.

Ps if you don't like assassins creed this probably won't change your opinion. I don't like COD or Halo but I don't feel the need to rant on about it.

• Like 1

Have sunk a fair bit of time in to this already. I'm really enjoying it.

I have only had one proper glitch in about ten hours. No flying people, no noticeable slow down in FPS.

The biggest disappointment for me is it has really shown they wasted the chance to make a great game set in the French Revolution.

As for the glitch it was in an early cut scene inside a train where they're talking about the grappling gun. The gun was there but the characters were just walking in to a wall in the background. I just closed the game and restarted and it was perfect. Obviously things like this shouldn't happen but I do think some of the early reports were just those who like to hate on AC for the sake of it.

• Like 1

I hope it's pretty decent.

Black Flag is the only AC game after Brotherhood that I fully enjoy. Revelations feels like a copy-n-paste, AC3 is glitchy and has a boring protagonist, and Unity is well, you guys already know about that one. Despite all this I intend to finish those games.

Just ordered the Gold Edition online (I prefer physical copies, but I'm working 55-60 hour weeks so I couldn't go to Gamestop this week), took a quick glance at all the trophies and none of them look too difficult. Since it's single player and it's a "new" game, I hope I won't be disappointed.

It's alot of fun, just got round to playing it today and it's the first Assassins Creed game I've actually enjoyed (only played the PS4 games though). Even enjoying the combat, which I wasn't a fan of in Unity and Black Flag.

Only glitch I've come across is where the characters don't appear in the cinematics, they seem to get stuck and all you can see is floating weapons / boxes.

So I'm happy to say this is my favourite AC game, people say AC2 is the best and it is a very good game but I played it again recently on my new account and platinumed it and I think this is better. Great characters on a par with Ezio and and amazing world. I won't say it is glitchless as it isn't but plenty of games have the odd glitch and thats all I have experienced with this. 

It's alot of fun, just got round to playing it today and it's the first Assassins Creed game I've actually enjoyed (only played the PS4 games though). Even enjoying the combat, which I wasn't a fan of in Unity and Black Flag.

Only glitch I've come across is where the characters don't appear in the cinematics, they seem to get stuck and all you can see is floating weapons / boxes.

me too. halloween gag?^^