Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is the UK's number one game

FlareXV

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is the UK's number one game - but it's the lowest-selling major Assassin's Creed.

Chart-Track, which features physical sales only, said Syndicate's launch sales fell short of surpassing that of any of the major entries in the series.

Syndicate beat launch sales of Assassin's Creed: Rogue, but that game launched on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 only, and at the same time as last year's Unity, so a comparison between the two titles isn't appropriate.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is number one, then, in this week's UK chart, but it's clear sales are down year-on-year. Perhaps that's a result of Unity's troubled launch, and a more cautious fanbase. Whatever the case, Tom Phillips enjoyed it, as you'll know if you read our Assassin's Creed Syndicate review.

Meanwhile, Guitar Hero Live debuted at number three, with sales up 24.3 per cent on Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, which came out five years ago.

Nintendo's new 3DS game The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes just misses out on the top 10, coming in at 11. Ubisoft's Just Dance 2016 debuts at 19.

1. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
  2. FIFA 16
  3. Guitar Hero Live
  4. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  5. Grand Theft Auto 5
  6. Lego Dimensions
  7. Destiny The Taken King
  8. Forza 6
  9. Lego Jurassic World
  10. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Damn, that sucks, but with the way they handled unity, it was bound to happen. Uncharted going strong as always, Forza does not want to leave the top 10 and GTA 5 is still snatching wigs from everyone. Fifa 16 is down this week but I doubt that will be the same next week. 

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-26-assassins-creed-syndicate-is-the-uks-number-one-game

Edited by FlareXV

Well. Atleast Mario has advanced over the years and Pokemon is fucking Pokemon! Cant say the same about Assasins Creed.

People are blinded with nostalgia but I never grew up with Nintendo so I just can't let them get away with releasing 2 pokemon games with 1 difference each year to full price. It's so funny when people laugh at people buing AC or COD each year yet they turn a blind eye for Nintendo.

• Like 2

Damn, that sucks.

Um...why? Ubisoft are getting what they deserve. Producing yearly entries to an overly saturated series and releasing some of them filled with bugs. I'm glad people have been more cautious this year and they've preordered less. Gamers are the most important people when it comes to buying video games, not the publishers. People are finally standing up to Ubisoft's BS by not buying this game at launch and this will help the industry in a good way.

• Like 1

Um...why? Ubisoft are getting what they deserve. Producing yearly entries to an overly saturated series and releasing some of them filled with bugs. I'm glad people have been more cautious this year and they've preordered less. Gamers are the most important people when it comes to buying video games, not the publishers. People are finally standing up to Ubisoft's BS by not buying this game at launch and this will help the industry in a good way.

I doubting much of PS side is standing up to Ubisoft with the 10 exclusive missions PS4 owners get with AC:S. :P

Clearly some are if sales are the worst in the series

True but I doubt it will affect much in the grand scheme of AC. Clearly they have learned that f-ing people isn't the way to go, let's hope that TC:RS and TC:TD aren't affected by Ubisoft's silly decisions. 

Edited by FlareXV