Easy mode is coming

malistix

First off it doesn't affect your trophies, you'll still have them. For you this is about pride. Having a rarer plat doesn't really make it any better or worse. A player on easy and you both accomplished the same task by different means. If a plat is unobtainable due to server shutdown the people with said plat are not any better because the plat gets rarer. In Dark Souls difficulty is key to the game. Driveclub is a game about driving skill, but features like clubs give me the impression the developers want as many people to participate as often as possible. Regardless of your opinion they are the ones patching the game. Perhaps you should pin your hopes on more purist games like GT.

By imply I mean that your question told me your opinion without requiring an answer. For instance, the question "How do you beat your wife?" implies you beat your wife.

A easy game like DRIVECLUB is about pride? Don't think so but anyway lets just finish this thing here. You got the easy mode and you are happy. Probably is just me but this whole makes things easier doesn't feel right to me. And yeah the question to the other guy was obviously a provocation but nothing offensive since he could just replying and justify what he said previously. Now go on DRIVECLUB and try to beat these time trials (I bet alot of players will still fail looool)

I have absolutely no idea how to turn in racing games, break? Hand brake? tap on gas? I just hit walls or have the AI driving at 200km/s in a perpendicular turn.  I'll take advantage of this easy mode, but they should have tutorials instead of an easy modes.

It's not all in breaking. You have to regulate the speed in which you come in to the turn with the throttle, don't hold it too much. I usually just tap it, don't know if that's really the right way but I go okay throught the corners. And the angle from where you come from is important as well. Practice makes perfect :P

Edited by QuinlanLJ
  • Like 1

A easy game like DRIVECLUB is about pride? Don't think so but anyway lets just finish this thing here. You got the easy mode and you are happy. Probably is just me but this whole makes things easier doesn't feel right to me. And yeah the question to the other guy was obviously a provocation but nothing offensive since he could just replying and justify what he said previously. Now go on DRIVECLUB and try to beat these time trials (I bet alot of players will still fail looool)

I don't know if google translate is failing but I was trying to suggest that to you an easy, community based game is about pride and that maybe you should look for that pride in the GT game in development or Project Cars. This isn't a sim, not at launch and not in easy mode. Driveclub is about racing with my friends and if half my friends can't make it around competitively I'm happy the game will give them some help. After all more competitors, even if they're doping makes a whole sport improve its records (MLB Homerun Records for example). 

All I'm saying is be happy with your accomplishments, but don't complain that more people will be able to get the same trophies with some help from the game. You still "raced" just as fast with the same limitations to get your trophy even if someone else with the trophy didn't. I just don't see how someone of lesser driving skill having the plat in Driveclub which is mostly about grinding matters that much to anyone that prides themselves are their driving skill. That seems sort of like high end chef bragging about how many burgers they can flip an hour to me. 

Edited by HolyNevadaRage
  • Like 1

I just don't see how someone of lesser driving skill having the plat in Driveclub which is mostly about grinding matters that much to anyone that prides themselves are their driving skill.

I think you didn't follow the whole thread so I'll try to explain:

No one is/was complaining about the plat which is just grind as you said. The real problem for alot of people are the DLC races which are kinda challenging if someone isn't good at racing so people instead of losing 20mins while perfecting a race to get the 3 stars decides to go on developers Twitter/Facebook and complain about the game being to hard. After a year the devs decided that it was the time to shut up all this people and that's how this patch has come. This is kinda disappointed to me. That's it. But as I said on the previous post I'm done with posting in this thread so please don't even waste your time replying because I only did this to explain you the reason of the whole discussion we had with other PSNP fellows. Hope this clarity. Bye ;)

Just putting it out there, the main game is easy as balls already. Like, aside from the grind for a few trophies, the whole thing is pretty well perfect difficulty wise. Some races you have to do a few times which is challenging enough, but if you can't master a race after 3 goes or so you're maybe not meant to be playing racing games?

As for trophies I'm a bit torn though, making it easier for people to get them a year and a half or so after release is kind of pussy but at the same time, screw it, I get to join the club of elite dickheads who yell about getting it when it was worth it.

This is pretty lame. If you don't have the skill or patience to do something then don't. There are so many people who never want to put forth any effort into doing anything. Its obviously possible to get 100% of the trophies as what, 1,506 people have done it? To say just because your bad at racing games that you deserve an easier difficulty is a joke to say the least. Just because your bad at math does that mean you deserve an easier test? No. You see people bitching about Super Meat Boy, Cloudberry Kingdom, Trials Fusion, and many more but do the developers hand you the trophies on a silver platter? No. You either suck it up and get good at the game in the way the developers intended, or you don't get the trophies. Here ill give you guys a list of games that I doubt you  can find a way to complain about in terms of difficulty (Although maybe you can). Megamind, The Walking Dead, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, and NCIS. Go play those, hopefully they are not to difficult for you. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

This is pretty lame. If you don't have the skill or patience to do something then don't. There are so many people who never want to put forth any effort into doing anything. Its obviously possible to get 100% of the trophies as what, 1,506 people have done it? To say just because your bad at racing games that you deserve an easier difficulty is a joke to say the least. Just because your bad at math does that mean you deserve an easier test? No. You see people bitching about Super Meat Boy, Cloudberry Kingdom, Trials Fusion, and many more but do the developers hand you the trophies on a silver platter? No. You either suck it up and get good at the game in the way the developers intended, or you don't get the trophies. Here ill give you guys a list of games that I doubt you  can find a way to complain about in terms of difficulty (Although maybe you can). Megamind, The Walking Dead, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, and NCIS. Go play those, hopefully they are not to difficult for you. 

The main game and tour where increadibly easy the DLC was from another level in difficulty, they didn't promote it like that they said you would get more tour events like the base game, being able after 8-10 hours to get maybe 5 stars in some of the tour events isn't not putting in effort, I had help from people who got 100% and they gave up trying to help me, not because they didn't want to, all nice guys they realized he is trying but he just doesn't have what it takes.

That plus its a racing game that promotes people playing togheter having a good time, let more people have a good time, let more people enjoy everything in the game and in the end that benefits us all. More people online, more people who will buy the season pass! They already said they would add more trophies to the game, make them some trophies only the truely skilled will get, maybe that will help the bragging right, which seems to be so important to some.

Letting other people do something easier doesnt take away you and other had fun doing the original thing and can be proud you did it at a time it was the most difficult.

PS: This isnt the first time Driveclub does this, the AI was patched in the past making the game much easier and the amount of stars needed to unlock events was also decreased. This was both done in the middle of the DLC plan and reduced the difficulty significantly for previous trophies.

Edited by malistix

The main game and tour where increadibly easy the DLC was from another level in difficulty, they didn't promote it like that they said you would get more tour events like the base game, being able after 8-10 hours to get maybe 5 stars in some of the tour events isn't not putting in effort, I had help from people who got 100% and they gave up trying to help me, not because they didn't want to, all nice guys they realized he is trying but he just doesn't have what it takes.

That plus its a racing game that promotes people playing togheter having a good time, let more people have a good time, let more people enjoy everything in the game and in the end that benefits us all. More people online, more people who will buy the season pass! They already said they would add more trophies to the game, make them some trophies only the truely skilled will get, maybe that will help the bragging right, which seems to be so important to some.

Letting other people do something easier doesnt take away you and other had fun doing the original thing and can be proud you did it at a time it was the most difficult.

PS: This isnt the first time Driveclub does this, the AI was patched in the past making the game much easier and the amount of stars needed to unlock events was also decreased. This was both done in the middle of the DLC plan and reduced the difficulty significantly for previous trophies.

I'm having an hard time understanding the 1st part. For the second part I ain't talk since that's the same argument that we spoke about yesterday. For the PS part i dont know since I haven't been playing the game from day one but searching on google there's nothing about it so if you can link some sources I would read them. And anyway decreasing the amount of stars needed doesn't change trophies at all since you still need to unlock all of them for the :gold: Trophy which is also the one that shows if you are good at the game.

I'm having an hard time understanding the 1st part. For the second part I ain't talk since that's the same argument that we spoke about yesterday. For the PS part i dont know since I haven't been playing the game from day one but searching on google there's nothing about it so if you can link some sources I would read them. And anyway decreasing the amount of stars needed doesn't change trophies at all since you still need to unlock all of them for the :gold: Trophy which is also the one that shows if you are good at the game.

Personally I dont care about unlocking the trophies for all stars and if they changed them so you cannot unlock only those on easy, I would be fine, as I just want to enjoy and win the DLC events and be rewarded for that.

I remember I was never able to win the Legend Trophy (first tour) untill they fixed the A.I. aggresive behaviour, that was patch 1.10 in january:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Driveclub/comments/2sxfxw/driveclub_patch_110_out_now_patchnotes_in_thread/

Many things changed between 1.10 and now and the game is significantly easier, like I mentioned many times the game and DLC have a big difference in difficulty and me and others are not trying to say you guys didnt do a great job and had a lot of fun unlocking all of the events and trophies, now its our turn and if the developers feel like not giving the gold trophy or making new skillfull trophies, fine, thats not what we are talking about. But disabling all trophies on a difficulty or not giving you a trophy for winning the event is alianating a big part of your playerbase and that would be a bad direction for Driveclub.

And the better Driveclub does the more DLC and continued support and that is something we should all want.

• Like 2

Personally I dont care about unlocking the trophies for all stars and if they changed them so you cannot unlock only those on easy, I would be fine, as I just want to enjoy and win the DLC events and be rewarded for that.

I remember I was never able to win the Legend Trophy (first tour) untill they fixed the A.I. aggresive behaviour, that was patch 1.10 in january:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Driveclub/comments/2sxfxw/driveclub_patch_110_out_now_patchnotes_in_thread/

Many things changed between 1.10 and now and the game is significantly easier, like I mentioned many times the game and DLC have a big difference in difficulty and me and others are not trying to say you guys didnt do a great job and had a lot of fun unlocking all of the events and trophies, now its our turn and if the developers feel like not giving the gold trophy or making new skillfull trophies, fine, thats not what we are talking about. But disabling all trophies on a difficulty or not giving you a trophy for winning the event is alianating a big part of your playerbase and that would be a bad direction for Driveclub.

And the better Driveclub does the more DLC and continued support and that is something we should all want.

It doesn't say anything about aggressive behavior or stars requirements being lowered. Not giving trophies ain't change something since the trophy hunting community is really small compared to the amount of people that play the game and the amount of trophy hunters that wanted to get the 100% but FAILED to do so is even smaller so definitely it wasn't for trophies but for the whole casual gamers community Also I'm not sure about this one but this Easy mode patch has been in development after the game was given for free since alot of casual gamers had the opportunity to play it. Edited by Winston

Just putting it out there, the main game is easy as balls already. Like, aside from the grind for a few trophies, the whole thing is pretty well perfect difficulty wise. Some races you have to do a few times which is challenging enough, but if you can't master a race after 3 goes or so you're maybe not meant to be playing racing games?

As for trophies I'm a bit torn though, making it easier for people to get them a year and a half or so after release is kind of pussy but at the same time, screw it, I get to join the club of elite dickheads who yell about getting it when it was worth it.

Games aren't really about "are you meant to play them or not". It's more like, if you want to play them. And some people want to play them but don't have the capacity of getting good at it. As the OP already pointed out, some people get older and can't really play the game well as they are slower at responding, a lot of people have problems with that in general, no matter the age. This isn't really a small problem only a few people have, this is something to be considered. It's not cool to cut away a larger portion of players that want to play the game and enjoy it but can't because of things they can't really control.

And trophies not unlocking would be kind of a dick move too. Not only it takes away a part of enjoyment, it would make, at least me, feel shitty about not being able to play properly without help.

• Like 1

It doesn't say anything about aggressive behavior or stars requirements being lowered. Not giving trophies ain't change something since the trophy hunting community is really small compared to the amount of people that play the game and the amount of trophy hunters that wanted to get the 100% but FAILED to do so is even smaller so definitely it wasn't for trophies but for the whole casual gamers community Also I'm not sure about this one but this Easy mode patch has been in development after the game was given for free since alot of casual gamers had the opportunity to play it.

I chatted with the developers a lot I also shared screenshots of events I struggled in and I can tell you the patch for making it easy has been in development for well over 9 months and discussed even more. The patch notes show a change in drafting behaviour, in the early stages of the game the A.I. would follow you closely and keep bumping you because of drafting (agresively) and often they would bump you at the start of a corner making you slip, the changes in 1.10 are a change that makes the game thousands of times easier when playing against the A.I. in race events, I can know because before that patch I was unable to win the races and after I won a lot of them.

Also please note that PSN profiles only tracks selected profiles the actually statistics of people who are even able, after many hours, to unlock extra events in some DLC are way way lower then on this website since the "real" casual gamers don't post on this topic and the even more casual gamers, trust me I know at least 2 at work don't use the internet to track stats or post on games.

Its a good direction they are going in and it is a shame some people, like you, don't agree with it but in the end I do think they will please more people with this than offend. It would be super cool if they gave a few free cars or liveries to the people who 100% the game before the release of the patch.

Edited by malistix

I chatted with the developers a lot I also shared screenshots of events I struggled in and I can tell you the patch for making it easy has been in development for well over 9 months and discussed even more. The patch notes show a change in drafting behaviour, in the early stages of the game the A.I. would follow you closely and keep bumping you because of drafting (agresively) and often they would bump you at the start of a corner making you slip, the changes in 1.10 are a change that makes the game thousands of times easier when playing against the A.I. in race events, I can know because before that patch I was unable to win the races and after I won a lot of them.

Also please note that PSN profiles only tracks selected profiles the actually statistics of people who are even able, after many hours, to unlock extra events in some DLC are way way lower then on this website since the "real" casual gamers don't post on this topic and the even more casual gamers, trust me I know at least 2 at work don't use the internet to track stats or post on games.

Its a good direction they are going in and it is a shame some people, like you, don't agree with it but in the end I do think they will please more people with this than offend. It would be super cool if they gave a few free cars or liveries to the people who 100% the game before the release of the patch.

I wasn't talking about psnp since is common knowledge that this website only track 2-3% of the worldwide psn players. I was talking about the whole trophy hunting community which is really really small compared to the total amount of players. If the AI was acting like you said obviously they had to adjust it since IRL you don't see other racers bumping into your car so it wasn't to make the game easier but more realistic. This patch instead is only needed to make the game easier but this has never been a problem for me. The problem start when you get the trophies pop on easy mode since if you can't get 100% it means that you failed as a trophy hunter and you shouldn't ask for the trophy requirements to become easier to obtain. I'm not saying that's a bad thing since it happened to me twice with GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption.

Games aren't really about "are you meant to play them or not". It's more like, if you want to play them. And some people want to play them but don't have the capacity of getting good at it. As the OP already pointed out, some people get older and can't really play the game well as they are slower at responding, a lot of people have problems with that in general, no matter the age. This isn't really a small problem only a few people have, this is something to be considered. It's not cool to cut away a larger portion of players that want to play the game and enjoy it but can't because of things they can't really control.

And trophies not unlocking would be kind of a dick move too. Not only it takes away a part of enjoyment, it would make, at least me, feel shitty about not being able to play properly without help.

Thank you for understanding and making a very good point, I completely agree and I love that the developer is listening to the majority in this matter. I remember when I was young and I played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans on the computer in 1994 and my dad couldn't complete the missions and he had to use cheats :D I always tried to teach him but now I understand, age matters!

Edited by malistix

Fair enough. Even if easy mode makes everything straight up impossible to lose, it would still be a decent plat when the required grinding is taken into consideration anyways.

• Like 1

2 weeks ago I was happy to hear this news because the game was kicking my ass. After finally mastering the acceleration/braking dynamic I was started beating races and time trials in much shorter times. I will say that I will not use this assist now... But I think it's a good idea so more can play and enjoy this game it's fantastic for a racer.

My plat on the game came surprisingly quick, but the DLC packs are quite difficult. I hope with the easy mode to unlock some more events and/or trophies. Although everybody really complained about the game and its launching issues, i had a good time with the game.

Patch 1.24 with the "Break Assist" is out. 3 Settings, Low,Medium,High

Only used the High one so far it's almost like automatic shifting but for the Break's. 

You can Drive the whole Course while holding down the Gas and the Game will break for you.

Haha! What an absolute joke. The way we're headed, next people probably need a steering assist as well so you can just watch AI do all the levels for you on an auto-pilot. Afterall, isn't that what games are supposed to be all about?

Yeah but with Braking Assist on HIGH you will not be able to beat a lot of the the laptimes... It slows you down significantly.

I had a go with the brake assist the other day to see what it's like and I couldn't get anywhere near the car I was chasing. This is definately not a mod to help you win trophies. Oh well, I will get back to it one day and try to increase my 73%. Sometimes wish I was good enough to 100% without too much effort, but then again, if that was the case I might have to be a condescending bastard.

• Like 1