Easy mode is coming

malistix

Any help in a game is good as long as it does not disable trophies

I know your pain about the age thing matey

I am not 38 (or even 48) anymore :)

Old brains and reflexes need free boosts

(Although DriveClub is not that bad a Plat if you stick at it)

Cheers for update

• Like 3

What do you guys think? And I know a lof of people find the game easy, but im not 18 anymore and im not 28 anymore either and I just can't react fast enough in the Hyper events. Anyway I think having options to adjust a game to your liking is never bad and I am sure people wont get all trophies faster since this doesn't affect the time trials etc.

I heard, it will affect time trials , with easier times, and drift -events with easier score goals.  Im pretty sure they release the patch next week.

If the Trophies are still available in easy mode then I will try and hit that 100% else I guess there is no reason to revisit, but the fact it also adjusts the time trials and drifts is very odd to me, this might be a easy 100% then, im not complaining, however.

I wish they would have done this kind of thing with MotorStorm... lol

Anyway, I didn't think the difficulty of Driveclub was too unfair, especially as you progress from the slower cars to the faster ones, but I guess it's nice to see them adding things to make the difficulty easier. :P

• Like 2

It's cool as long as easy mode doesn't unlock trophies.

Theres no reason to play when you dont earn trophies, so i disagree, if they did that they might as well not add easy mode

I would be ok if they made the gold trophies on dlc "Gain all stars on normal difficulty or harder" but they should allow you to get the trophies for winning the events.

Edited by malistix
  • Like 2

Theres no reason to play when you dont earn trophies, so i disagree, if they did that they might as well not add easy mode

I would be ok if they made the gold trophies on dlc "Gain all stars on normal difficulty or harder" but they should allow you to get the trophies for winning the events.

This wasn't done for the trophy hunters. But for all the people complaining about the game being to hard to complete. And no the trophies shouldn't unlock since alot of people had to do it in an "harder" way. But they probably will make trophies pop for easy mode since people can only complain instead of trying to improve. Edited by Winston
  • Like 3

Game wasnt really that hard, if you play it enough you can almost memorise the tracks so you know every corner which comes in handy when plaing in the complete dark. You dont need hyper fast reflexs when you learn a track so i dont see the problem, in fact most of the game was easy when you know the tracks and how to beat the ai, only had a problem with a few time trials.

but in the end the most important thing for the developer is to make a game everyone can enjoy and I hope you also see that that is something worth patching the game for.

They did. Adding this patch to allow people to play on easy is enough. No need to make trophies unlock. If some people enjoy a game only if they can unlock trophies then they are trophy whores.

I think the difficulty was massively upped for the DLC compared to the main game. Managed to get the plat quite easily with the PS+ version, but getting 100% is a different story, think I'm currently on 77%.

The plat doesn't requires you to actually win any tour race that's why.

I think the difficulty was massively upped for the DLC compared to the main game. Managed to get the plat quite easily with the PS+ version, but getting 100% is a different story, think I'm currently on 77%.

You are 100% right and the developer agrees.

That's not the reason of this update. The difficulty is not increased. Simply the main game doesn't ask you to play tour so obviously it's easier.

I managed to win the first tour, that was included with the disc and I managed to win all the races in the Motor expension, which seems much easier. The difficulty of the DLC is harder thats what I agreed with. And the developer did tweet to me that people (not just me) have struggled with the DLC and its going to be nice to be able to turn down the difficulty a bit so we can all enjoy that

• Like 1

I managed to win the first tour, that was included with the disc and I managed to win all the races in the Motor expension, which seems much easier. The difficulty of the DLC is harder thats what I agreed with. And the developer did tweet to me that people (not just me) have struggled with the DLC and its going to be nice to be able to turn down the difficulty a bit so we can all enjoy that

Yes it's ok but the easy mode shouldn't give trophies. Trophy requirements should NEVER change unless a trophy is glitched. Edited by Winston

Yes it's ok but the easy mode shouldn't give trophies. Trophy requirements should NEVER change unless a trophy is glitched.

We have to agree to disagree on this, I expect the trophies will unlock and if they do I will finally be able to enjoy the DLC. If they don't then I will not play Driveclub after the patch but I wouldn't be upset either.

When I purchased the Season Pass I expected to get more of the same, and I love the main game, but for me it wasn't more of the same it was monthly content I couldn't enjoy because of the difficulty.

Edited by malistix
  • Like 3

I expect the trophies will unlock and if they do I will finally be able to enjoy the DLC. If they don't then I will not play Driveclub after the patch but I wouldn't be upset either.

You keep saying that the only way to enjoy the game is if trophies pops. You are a trophy whore? That would give all you said a sense and you would be right saying that if it's to hard there's no way to enjoy it since you can't pop trophies without an effort.

You keep saying that the only way to enjoy the game is if trophies pops. You are a trophy whore? That would give all you said a sense and you would be right saying that if it's to hard there's no way to enjoy it since you can't pop trophies without an effort.

Hmmm Well I like getting Trophies but its not nessesary but if I play a game and the difficulty disables trophies I would never select that difficulty and I would just try for hours to complete it on the other difficulty (i did that with driveclub but it was actually just too hard), like with the new nathan drake game they have the newest "explorer" difficulty but you dont get any trophies, I would never select that. I am not a "trophy whore" because I don't care if I have a platinum or not, but a difficulty that disables trophies feels bad.

I also play games on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and they don't have trophies but I very much enjoy them and I will also play those games on harder/hardest difficulty if I feel the game is too easy or sometimes, like in racing and FPS games I turn down the difficulty

Edited by malistix
  • Like 4

I think you should get off your high horse of calling people trophy whores, what they choose to play a game for is up to them.Trophies or not.There's no need to be upset over trophies being unlocked on easy. If you completed the game 100% without it, than feel proud. Overwise don't give others a hard time just cause they find the game harder than you.

I didn't call anyone trophy whore ;)