Easy mode is coming

malistix

They did. Adding this patch to allow people to play on easy is enough. No need to make trophies unlock. If some people enjoy a game only if they can unlock trophies then they are trophy whore.

Pretty much calling anyone a trophy whore just cause they would choose to play DriveClub on easy for trophies or any game for that matter. Some people find the enjoyment of a game more from the trophies than the actually game. Kinda odd that your against that but all for cross saving auto trophies.

• Like 3

Pretty much calling anyone a trophy whore just cause they would choose to play DriveClub on easy for trophies or any game for that matter. Some people find the enjoyment of a game more from the trophies than the actually game. Kinda odd that your against that but all for cross saving auto trophies.

Again I didn't call him trophy whore I just asked. And all I'm against is changing the requirements of a trophy. That's not normal and it shouldn't happen never. If a trophy is to hard some people will not be good enough to get it. That's how trophies works and this patch just go against the original purpose of trophies. Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

Please tell me you guys aren't serious about this game being too hard? This was one of the easiest racers iv'e platted, try platting GT5 :D

Getting a Platinum is Driveclub is super easy. Beating the first tournaments, also, but the downloadable content from the season pass I am not joking that is the hardest thing I've ever done in a racing game. And I have played every Gran Turismo, Need for speed, WRC and many other racers, but a lot of people find Driveclub easy, its a bit of a "Arcade" style thing that needs to suit you.

Back in the days I was amazing in Ridge Racer and I knew plenty of people who hated those mechanics, I guess this is simulair.

Please tell me you guys aren't serious about this game being too hard? This was one of the easiest racers iv'e platted, try platting GT5 :D

Please tell me you actually read the thread, because it doesn't seem so =D

Again I didn't call him trophy whore I just asked. And all I'm against is changing the requirements of a trophy. That's not normal and it shouldn't happen never. If a trophy is to hard some people will not be good enough to get it. That's how trophies works and this patch just go against the original purpose of trophies.

"Are you a trophy whore?" seems enough saying someone is a trophy whore.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

Getting a Platinum is Driveclub is super easy. Beating the first tournaments, also, but the downloadable content from the season pass I am not joking that is the hardest thing I've ever done in a racing game. And I have played every Gran Turismo, Need for speed, WRC and many other racers, but a lot of people find Driveclub easy, its a bit of a "Arcade" style thing that needs to suit you.

Back in the days I was amazing in Ridge Racer and I knew plenty of people who hated those mechanics, I guess this is simulair.

My bad i thought you actually meant earning the platinum. Iv'e never played the DLC before so i can't comment on that.

Yes it's ok but the easy mode shouldn't give trophies. Trophy requirements should NEVER change unless a trophy is glitched.

Last time I checked, the trophy descriptions of these tours didn't say anything about beating and gaining all the stars on a certain difficulty level, I see no problem with being able to unlock trophies on easy difficulty

Edited by Zestful Quesadilla
  • Like 1

Last time I checked, the trophy descriptions of these tours don't say anything about beating and gaining all the stars on a certain difficulty level, I see no problem with being able to unlock trophies on easy difficulty

And by letting people adjust the difficulty and unlock trophies more people will enjoy the game in the end, which is a great thing for everyone.

• Like 3

Last time I checked, the trophy descriptions of these tours didn't say anything about beating and gaining all the stars on a certain difficulty level, I see no problem with being able to unlock trophies on easy difficulty

Yes because there's no difficulty settings. And anyway think what you want but this patch is against the purpose of trophies.

I'm not about to get into the trophy aspects here as that has already been settled in another thread. However, I believe the difficulty patch (adding easy and hard mode) is supposed to go live later today was the original plan, so in reality, any time now. And the break assist in first or second week of November. And the last update that has been announced is for multiplayer in being able to fully customize lobbies. This would give people the ability to decide what tracks they race on, what cars are allowed/not allowed, weather effects, number of racers, public vs private races, and so forth. This I think they said was being updated alongside the difficulty patch but I don't exactly remember the date on the multiplayer one. 

As for my thoughts on the updates, I'm happy with all of them. Difficulty options is especially good for those that don't game hardly ever and want a good experience. Some people have jobs, a house, kids, etc and just don't have time to play like they used to when they were in their teens and 20's. It's also good for those that are very young (4-10 years old), or older players (seniors), or those with disabilities such as my good friend is with Hydrocephalus. This gives all of them a better chance to be able to play and enjoy the game and win. Then you have hard mode for those that have the time to game and thus have become very good at gaming. This can still give them a challenge and thus keep the game fun. So everyone wins here. The brake assist is the exact same way for those that aren't as good as others, etc. Plus it can be turned on or off and I heard it's nothing more than an indicator on screen that flashes when you should be breaking vs accelerating, so the player is still completely controlling the car. The multiplayer patch is excellent for those who like to play online and this will open up so many options for that type of player. Some people can care less for single player and only play multiplayer, so this helps reach out to those players as well.

So trophies completely aside, they are doing this to bring more players to the game, those that are young, old, with disabilities, social gamers, and gaming pros alike. Even one of my good friends now is thinking about getting it since they are adding hard mode. He hasn't played it yet but he's a real pro at racing games. He has played and beat every GT game out there (including GT5 plat and completed those driving challenges in just 1 try each) in and is currently taking part in GT7 world tournaments and is actually making a living off playing racing games lately. With this, I can see many top scores being beat once he picks it up, lol. 

And as for trophies, we have no idea how the difficulty patch is going to effect that. They have only declared that it will affect every event in the base game (Time Trials and Drifts as well). Nothing has been confirmed for the DLC stuff and since the base game isn't even really needed to earn a plat, this may not change anything at all. But seeing how this is a trophy site, it's understandable that this is a touchy subject. Everyone has the right to their own opinions so lets not go around bad mouthing others for their point of view. Everyone is different and has different skill levels and may care about completely different things even in the same game. These patches are meant to reach out to potentially everyone in an attempt to bring more players to the game, simple as that. 

• Like 1

It is not, but hey if that's what you think then good for you xD

Yes trophies are supposed to be something that not everyone can get because of difficulty/grind or whatever.. And doing a patch that makes trophies easier to obtain it's against that. It's like if tomorrow EA decide to give larger times to complete the speedruns just because is complaining. That would be BS Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

Yes trophies are supposed to be something that not everyone can get because of difficulty/grind or whatever.. And doing a patch that makes trophies easier to obtain it's against that. It's like if tomorrow EA decide to give larger times to complete the speedruns just because is complaining. That would be BS

That is true if the damn trophies had a requirement that clearly states you must beat that level\race on a certain difficulty, which is not the case here. 

Yes trophies are supposed to be something that not everyone can get because of difficulty/grind or whatever.. And doing a patch that makes trophies easier to obtain it's against that. It's like if tomorrow EA decide to give larger times to complete the speedruns just because is complaining. That would be BS

No. Trophies show that you reached a certan milestone in a game. But the trophies in Driveclub dont say "get all stars an XY Difficulty" .... so they dont change the trophies at all.

Wow, I gotta say that asking a question to imply an answer is pretty much BS at least among the people I choose to spend my time with. I really, really don't get why keeping people from earning trophies on an "easy" difficulty wrecks anything for you. You still have your mad "racing" skillz and your bragging rights. You can still run around posting about how pure and awesome you are for doing the oldskool, OG, harcore way and most people will still dismiss you as an arrogant, elitist, punk.

Easy mode will make it easier for more people to enjoy the game and for me that means more people in clubs and in multiplayer. All good in my mind and maybe I race against someone of my weak sauce skill level.

You still don't get the point. I don't care if they put easy mode as long as it doesn't affect trophies. It's cool to make people enjoy the game even if I don't remember other software house doing something like that.. Not even the Souls games and trust me everyday I hear people complaining about the difficulty of these games.. Also for the 1st part of your post I don't know what imply means and translating it with google give a word that make no sense with your sentence so I can't reply

That is true if the damn trophies had a requirement that clearly states you must beat that level\race on a certain difficulty, which is not the case here.

No. Trophies show that you reached a certan milestone in a game. But the trophies in Driveclub dont say "get all stars an XY Difficulty" .... so they dont change the trophies at all.

Obviously it says nothing about that because until yesterday there was no difficulty setting. Edited by Winston

Obviously it says nothing about that because until yesterday there was no difficulty setting.

yeah but games getting easier happens all the time.  DLC weapons that helps clearing main game , or patch that increase max lvl , or racing games that include new better cars and so on .  i just dont understand whats the big deal about it for you? I mean if you want to brag you can still show your timestamp and tell ppl it was prepatch. And you know for your self that you were able to beat it prepatch. I was not able to beat all time trials on the dlcs , so im happy to try it again with easy mode.

They should go back and patch Wipeout :D

EDIT - lol @ "my trophies are now meaningless" :(:::::::

Trophies are supposed to be whatever accomplishment the dev attaches them too.  I've gotten trophies just for loading a game.  There is no requirement for them to be difficult, unless that is what the dev's want.

I haven't tried this game yet but I do own it, so for me there is no pre-patch.  I will play the game as they intended it to be :)

Edited by audiopile

im looking forward to getting this addition to the game. this game is hard as fuck and i refuse to spend hours of headaches just for a trophy. once im not enjoying myself in a game i quit. gaming is meant to be fun and a stress reliever. at least for me it is.

You sir hit the nail on the head here, I always like watch some tely or watch a stream or talk to my girlfriend and play a game to clear my head from work, family, problems etc, relex and sure its nice to unlock races, trophies but if you are having a horrible time doing it, there is no more fun and these improvements to the game will make driveclub fun for more people. Great comment man

• Like 1

You still don't get the point. I don't care if they put easy mode as long as it doesn't affect trophies. It's cool to make people enjoy the game even if I don't remember other software house doing something like that.. Not even the Souls games and trust me everyday I hear people complaining about the difficulty of these games.. Also for the 1st part of your post I don't know what imply means and translating it with google give a word that make no sense with your sentence so I can't reply

Obviously it says nothing about that because until yesterday there was no difficulty setting.

First off it doesn't affect your trophies, you'll still have them. For you this is about pride. Having a rarer plat doesn't really make it any better or worse. A player on easy and you both accomplished the same task by different means. If a plat is unobtainable due to server shutdown the people with said plat are not any better because the plat gets rarer. In Dark Souls difficulty is key to the game. Driveclub is a game about driving skill, but features like clubs give me the impression the developers want as many people to participate as often as possible. Regardless of your opinion they are the ones patching the game. Perhaps you should pin your hopes on more purist games like GT.  

By imply I mean that your question told me your opinion without requiring an answer. For instance, the question "How do you beat your wife?" implies you beat your wife.