Fallout 4 General Discussion

Parker

I am 4 hours into the game and i really like it only spent maybe a little to long in character creation :P

I spent far too long as well haha. I then spent the entire game with an assualt mask on so i never saw my face anyway :P There are other head ware like glasses etc if you wanted to see your face but if i had my time back, i wouldn't of wasted so much time on it. At least it was fun creating it :)

150 hours in and I haven't even progressed too far into the main story or faction quests. As per usual with Fallout, it's all about the exploration and I sure as hell am exploring the shit out of this world. Actually I think this is the most fun I've had in a game this year.

Well said. I'm on my 2nd restart after doing about only 30 hours. Control schemes, difficulty levels, testing for glitches (not cheats). Accidently going South...lol :o

2nd restart began in which case i have about 100 hours in and just finished the main story. Still have factions to go start messing with. Exploring is what makes this fun. Even more so on higher difficulty. I'm in no rush. Amazing side quests with some of the companions.

Got to love Valentine <~~~~give this guy his own DLC. He has the most interesting back story from the pre-war days through the institute days.

Edited by strngwoodDrJones
  • Like 1

Having played it around 100 hours, I practically did everything I can in around 48 hours rest was grinding and randomly exploring so I am super disappointed by its gameplay length. We were told Fallout 4 was going to contain 400 hours of gameplay. Of course I didn't believe it but I wasn't expecting it to be that cheap. There were only 14 main quests which is absolutely not enough in my opinion. 
Side quests are always the same. I mean , I'm not exaggrating but I cleared out same spot like 9 times when I was farming. I was hoping lots of random spawned events but instead there is always same quest which is quite boring after a while.
Apart from that, everything was superb. Wish it was longer, I just couldn't get it enough

Restarted last night. Didn't have a clue what I was doing when I started. Made so many mistakes. Didn't use V.A.T.S, didn't sleep to replenish health, tried sneaking like it was Assassins Creed. Never used the power armour. Needless to say I died alot.

Already enjoying my restart and I haven't left Sanctuary yet!

Awesome game. Loving every minute.

• Like 1

Having played it around 100 hours, I practically did everything I can in around 48 hours rest was grinding and randomly exploring so I am super disappointed by its gameplay length. We were told Fallout 4 was going to contain 400 hours of gameplay. Of course I didn't believe it but I wasn't expecting it to be that cheap. There were only 14 main quests which is absolutely not enough in my opinion. 

Side quests are always the same. I mean , I'm not exaggrating but I cleared out same spot like 9 times when I was farming. I was hoping lots of random spawned events but instead there is always same quest which is quite boring after a while.

Apart from that, everything was superb. Wish it was longer, I just couldn't get it enough

I have to agree with you. I clocked 100 hours and did everything there was to be done. The DLC cannot come quick enough as far as I'm concerned as I absolutely loved the game. Probably my GOTY but i think they were way off the mark with their 400 hours of content estimate

Probably my GOTY but i think they were way off the mark with their 400 hours of content estimate

400 hours is nuts. I'm closing in on 190 I think and I can't really see myself playing it for more than 200. I've discovered pretty much every location there is and done just about everything the game has to offer. I guess I could spend another 200 hours building settlements, if that's what they meant by 400...

Edited by ShadowReplicant