We Play Freedom Wars

Freedom Wars Discussion #2

*Be sure to finish up checkpoint 3 before going into the second discussion, sorry I messed up a bit :P

Part 2 is here! Sorry if this was too early, I didn't know we were this close to finishing the game. A lot of things have happened since the last checkpoint, so I prepared 10 questions to keep the discussion going, answer away :)

1- Thoughts on Abel? How did you find the Red Rage boss fight?

2- What did you think of his crazy plan?

3- Were you surprised to see what's in the Casket?

5- Were you surprised to find that Carlos had betrayed the party?

6- Thoughts on Sylvia? Will she end-up being an ally or still an enemy?

7- What do you think Aries's role in all this? What do you think are here intentions?

8- Back to the sentence system, why and who do you think made such a system in the first place?

9- If your character's sentence reaches 0, do you think they'll walk freely easily, or get tricked into more fighting?

10- What do you think of Julien? Even though he's not much of a fighter, does he do a good job of helping the party?

After a good number of us have finished the final checkpoint, I'll be posting the post-game discussions, in which we'll be discussing our overall thoughts and verdict of the game. Stay tuned for that!

Answers:

1 - I don't think much of him other then he being delusional in some way.. and much stronger then almost anything.. but he end up being just a big annoyance, since without Red Rage he wouldn't be any problem.. Red Rage on the other hand seams like a pain to deal with.. specially the fake ones..

2 - As in 1, delusional, from the little bit that I remember of it..

3 - Yes, in more then 1 way (starting by the guardian, passing through the right way to enter it, and ending up in the actual content in it.. wasn't expecting that he would be there)..

4 - There's no 4?

5 - In a way, no, he proved to not be reliable for a ton of reasons before that.. but was surprised to learn that he was from On High.

6 - Tough call.. but I think that she wouldn't change her mind about it, so I think she would be an enemy or maybe try to stay neutral if she can, but I don't see her as a potential ally.

7 - Well, she is what makes all the plot make any sense and supposedly she is the one plotting everything.. still in a way it felt like it was a bet or game for her, since I remember that she said that she bet that the main character would finely be the one (as in they had tried to do this with other special persons, but all failed).. As for her motives, I don't know.. I don't think she had any secret agenda..

8 - Probably On High did it to subjugate "those not worthy", and the reason would be so they could keep the resources in check, while being able to go gather whatever they needed when they needed.. In the end On High seams to be an elite advanced society and lets not forget "Them", they are mentioned to be even more powerful then the ones on the top of the Panopticon, but nothing more was said about them, so they may be On High persons who control all Panopticon from inside for On High benefit.

9 - I think they would "make them amnesic" again... really, brainwashing doesn't seam to be to hard in this world, so make them forget everything and just give them more 1 million years sentence seams reasonable.. as for actual in-game mechanic, not sure, but I feel tempted to grind my sentence to 0..

10 - Yes, Julian does an excellent job helping the party, legally and illegally speaking.. he proved to be of vital importance at various points.

And my final stats (+ visual update, since I hadn't really saw everything I could do with it, but it's still nothing flashy..)

2015-12-21-160039.jpg

• Like 2

Answers:

1 - I don't think much of him other then he being delusional in some way.. and much stronger then almost anything.. but he end up being just a big annoyance, since without Red Rage he wouldn't be any problem.. Red Rage on the other hand seams like a pain to deal with.. specially the fake ones..

2 - As in 1, delusional, from the little bit that I remember of it..

3 - Yes, in more then 1 way (starting by the guardian, passing through the right way to enter it, and ending up in the actual content in it.. wasn't expecting that he would be there)..

4 - There's no 4?

5 - In a way, no, he proved to not be reliable for a ton of reasons before that.. but was surprised to learn that he was from On High.

6 - Tough call.. but I think that she wouldn't change her mind about it, so I think she would be an enemy or maybe try to stay neutral if she can, but I don't see her as a potential ally.

7 - Well, she is what makes all the plot make any sense and supposedly she is the one plotting everything.. still in a way it felt like it was a bet or game for her, since I remember that she said that she bet that the main character would finely be the one (as in they had tried to do this with other special persons, but all failed).. As for her motives, I don't know.. I don't think she had any secret agenda..

8 - Probably On High did it to subjugate "those not worthy", and the reason would be so they could keep the resources in check, while being able to go gather whatever they needed when they needed.. In the end On High seams to be an elite advanced society and lets not forget "Them", they are mentioned to be even more powerful then the ones on the top of the Panopticon, but nothing more was said about them, so they may be On High persons who control all Panopticon from inside for On High benefit.

9 - I think they would "make them amnesic" again... really, brainwashing doesn't seam to be to hard in this world, so make them forget everything and just give them more 1 million years sentence seams reasonable.. as for actual in-game mechanic, not sure, but I feel tempted to grind my sentence to 0..

10 - Yes, Julian does an excellent job helping the party, legally and illegally speaking.. he proved to be of vital importance at various points.

And my final stats (+ visual update, since I hadn't really saw everything I could do with it, but it's still nothing flashy..)

2015-12-21-160039.jpg

Shucks, I should've screened my final. As soon as that plat hit I deleted the game. I'll check my save file and see what my final playtime was atleast.

Well it's gone too haha. I know I only got to play around an hour a day at most; so maybe around 35-45 hour mark? But I did skip and abuse online help, haha.

Edited by TigressLion

There is nothing more =D After you finish all Simeon paths (that is completing all CODE 8 missions), the game is finished =D

From what I remember no, Code 8 is post-game content, so I assume that the Code 8 checkpoint also meant the platinum..

The only additional story content after finishing the code 8 missions is the scene from reducing your sentence to 0 years. It's probably safe to assume this is the final checkpoint.

Ah ok, thnx for the responses everyone. I'll plat it on Jan 1 for the Plat Rain Day. Only have to buy the last thorn upgrade. Got my sentence to around 387,000 years so might actually go for 0 years.

You want mizugi? :awesome:

What's that?

I just wanted to state my progress on the game since i may be slacking; Finally beat 8-1 yesterday with 10 minutes left thanks to your tips, guys :D

Currently doing...random things  :|

You'll be happy to know 8-1 is the worst mission in CODE 8. The others are significantly easier.

• Like 1

Update on my progress (and i think i reached Checkpoint 3, not sure if DO missions are related to that), finished all of you-know-who's paths, also defeated a Peltatum without losing a sustainability. Only have the new CODE 8 DO missions left ^_^

Also, what's a Dionaea-class abductor? Haven't encountered anything like that yet. I hope they aren't as hard as Peltatum was.

Update on my progress (and i think i reached Checkpoint 3, not sure if DO missions are related to that), finished all of you-know-who's paths, also defeated a Peltatum without losing a sustainability. Only have the new CODE 8 DO missions left ^_^

Also, what's a Dionaea-class abductor? Haven't encountered anything like that yet. I hope they aren't as hard as Peltatum was.

Finish Code 8 DO and you will find a Dionaea-class abductor (the easiest fight is there too). It's substantially easier to deal with than Peltatum-class abductors.

And you already encountered them... They are:

The Dragons

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

Question: Do Discretionary Operations (DO) missions have to be done offline to have it count towards the trophy? because the first DO mission in CODE 8 is driving me crazy, it's literally the worst combination possible of enemies...

Yes and No, I believe that you can do the mission online and then credit for offline (when you clear a mission online with someone that didn't had it cleared yet you get a key item that allows you to auto-pass the mission in question).

I think this was a suggestion to clear the final story missions (for those that couldn't beat the final boss), so I think it will also work for the DO missions..

I really don't remember the 1st Code 8 DO mission.. was it that bad? (I only had troubles with the 1st DO mission of Code 7, if I'm not wrong, and the only mission on Code 8 that gave me some troubles was the 1st one if I'm not wrong.. but I was somewhat overpowered by then, with advance lvl 5 or 6 lightsword + 2 rocket launchers..).

If you want help with it, send me a message, I will be around for at least the next half hour or so.

• Like 1

Yes and No, I believe that you can do the mission online and then credit for offline (when you clear a mission online with someone that didn't had it cleared yet you get a key item that allows you to auto-pass the mission in question).

I think this was a suggestion to clear the final story missions (for those that couldn't beat the final boss), so I think it will also work for the DO missions..

I really don't remember the 1st Code 8 DO mission.. was it that bad? (I only had troubles with the 1st DO mission of Code 7, if I'm not wrong, and the only mission on Code 8 that gave me some troubles was the 1st one if I'm not wrong.. but I was somewhat overpowered by then, with advance lvl 5 or 6 lightsword + 2 rocket launchers..).

If you want help with it, send me a message, I will be around for at least the next half hour or so.

Ah, i figured the answer right before seeing your post and did it :D

DO:XX8-4: Liquidation (the first CODE 8 DO mission) has a Red Paradoxa, Teal Ramosa and three annoying + respawning Sinners all at once, it might be easy for most of the people, but Paradoxa kept doing its spinning and web-shooting attacks that it's rather a massacre than a fight for my team. I finally beat them using long-ranged attacks from afar.

And thanks for responding, couldn't have done it with only AIs and my clumsy self. I take it that the last DO mission that has the Dionaea-classs abductor is next? This shall be interesting ^_^

Edited by YaoiGod

Okay, so i managed to beat Dionaea, but had a sustainability lost near the end (Peltatum all over T_T...). So i'm going to replay that soon and hopefully have every offline trophy done. Anyone minds doing the 15 online operations with me for the trophy?

EDIT: Got the Dionaea Slayer trophy ^_^

Edited by YaoiGod

Popped the platinum a while ago, thanks for everyone who helped me through the game. And a special thanks to Kuuhaku for going through the boredom i gave with my 15 operations online :P

Discussion #2 answers

1- Thoughts on Abel? How did you find the Red Rage boss fight?

I thought he was crazy...and quite "charming" xD
Disappointing, at the least. But boy, finding you-know-what behind door #1 was waaay more than what i wanted to fight xD

2- What did you think of his crazy plan?

....Crazy? lol he did tell me that he wants to keep fighting and making everyone suffer so they can become "strong and free", and that's crazy enough for me.
I do however get his motives, i guess. Being the "one who is undefeated" must be the reason why he wanted to fight endlessly.

3- Were you surprised to see what's in the Casket?

Yup. I actually expected that dragon (which then i found out to be Dionaea :P) to be inside or something since they looked...rare? xD

No #4? :P

5- Were you surprised to find that Carlos had betrayed the party?

Nope, had my doubts from the beginning ^_^ But it's a shame, he's quite a looker when he wears glasses :holy:

6- Thoughts on Sylvia? Will she end-up being an ally or still an enemy?

I actually liked her? I dunno, the game didn't explain much about her, really. I think she will be neutral? or late-ally at the least, Freedom Wars 2 needs to be happened..

7- What do you think Aries's role in all this? What do you think are here intentions?

I don't think she has much of a role other than "choosing" chosen ones and guiding them to Simeon. But that does make me curious, could every moment that led the MC to Simeon was implanted and controlled by Aries? Or is she simply the "Messenger" in all this?

8- Back to the sentence system, why and who do you think made such a system in the first place?

Most likely the "On High" people to separate the "weak" from the strong, it could also have happened due to a desperate time (like how resources became scarce so they thought of discarding unnecessary resourcers and make them Sinners). It could also be "Them", since even Nati-Nati doesn't know about them or even allowed to know.

9- If your character's sentence reaches 0, do you think they'll walk freely easily, or get tricked into more fighting?

I have seen some players with 0 sentence, and they ain't free :awesome: But they did get swimsuits :hmm:

10- What do you think of Julien? Even though he's not much of a fighter, does he do a good job of helping the party?

He was most helpful, being helpful doesn't only concern fighting, the most helpful people can be the ones who guide or encourage you.

Finally, for anyone who is interested to see my Sinner and my Accessory

Ym4iDgx.jpg

I even made a female version, look what i did :awesome:

0G0jLOg.jpg

Edited by YaoiGod