We Play Freedom Wars

Omfg holy shit it is 100% impossible to do that cube snake boss when not online. He is such horse shit!

Nope, just a royal pain.. I did it, so it shouldn't be to impossible.. but ya, that's the thing that I was talking of..

Read what Satoshi and I were talking.. his tips were for that.

Also, if you feel like grinding a bit for an Advance lvl4 (max lvl before that fight) rarity 6/7 Barbaras or AAW-M2, read this FAQ (it's fairly spoiler free, since it focus just on how the upgrade system works and how to make a perfect weapon). Also get Impact when moving to advance version since it's the only way to get it on a weapon (and try to get a Power Up XL mod in it). For Barbaras I suggest to end with over 1000 power, for the AAW-M2, I don't know.. I used mine as it was (around 2200 power), but something over 4000 power would be much better..

If you have questions about materials, feel free to ask.

Also if you prefer to do it online, I can help, but just the 2 of us alone would still be really hard due to the number of chains.

Edit: I forgot, but team order = Priority Heal or something along those lines

And the not so funny thing...

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Nope, just a royal pain.. I did it, so it shouldn't be to impossible.. but ya, that's the thing that I was talking of..

Read what Satoshi and I were talking.. his tips were for that.

Also, if you feel like grinding a bit for an Advance lvl4 (max lvl before that fight) rarity 6/7 Barbaras or AAW-M2, read this FAQ (it's fairly spoiler free, since it focus just on how the upgrade system works and how to make a perfect weapon). Also get Impact when moving to advance version since it's the only way to get it on a weapon (and try to get a Power Up XL mod in it). For Barbaras I suggest to end with over 1000 power, for the AAW-M2, I don't know.. I used mine as it was (around 2200 power), but something over 4000 power would be much better..

If you have questions about materials, feel free to ask.

Also if you prefer to do it online, I can help, but just the 2 of us alone would still be really hard due to the number of chains.

Edit: I forgot, but team order = Priority Heal or something along those lines

And the not so funny thing...

Goodbye platinum.

Scratch that, possible plat. I played online with an 800,000 sentence girl just now; she literally killed that boss in 45 seconds. I didn't even have time to fire 12 rockets T-T.

Edited by TigressLion

I'm nearly there to reach the second checkpoint, but still testing which cutting weapon i want. I'll also answer the #1 Discussion survey later on, sorry if i'm late in doing that.

The DO missions are starting to get ridiculous, there's one in CODE 6 (i think) where you have to reclaim citizens within Abductors while surviving a heavy gunfire from sinners with machine guns and those annoying rush-robots mk2. So, i'm probably going to need to level up my gear a bit more.

Edited by YaoiGod

I'm nearly there to reach the second checkpoint, but still testing which cutting weapon i want. I'll also answer the #1 Discussion survey later on, sorry if i'm late in doing that.

The DO missions are starting to get ridiculous, there's one in CODE 6 (i think) where you have to reclaim citizens within Abductors while surviving a heavy gunfire from sinners with machine guns and those annoying rush-robots mk2. So, i'm probably going to need to level up my gear a bit more so I can strong like TigressLion the god.

Just wait until CODE 7 and 8, difficulty spike  -_- Luckily I just made a rarity 7 slightly less than late bloomer Barbaras. Got it to impact, and now farming mats to make it stronger; I have all day today to become stronger to boost for next checkpoint hopefully. I wonder what it is after this? Complete Code 8? Reach 900,000 years? We'll have to see. haha.

Edited by TigressLion
  • Like 1

I think the next checkpoint is free for all platinum (Reching 900.000 would be pointless, with that special ops that grands 10k years each time.. I'm already in 850.000 years and only did it a few times.. it's also a good place to get some 1st+ grade civilians, just use order protect civilians/carry civilians and let the AI grab all 5 of them while you just stop the enemies or grab their weapons/harvest.. doesn't take more then 2-3 minutes at the worst runs..).

Still the trophies Towards the Great Transformation and/or Volunteer of the Year could be used as checkpoints, I'm unsure, but Superbuu should have an idea of what it will be.

Also what kind of gear/strategy that girl that helped you was running? Kind of interested, since that seams like easy mode for that fight :lol:

For now, I'm playing Tales of Hearts R and Driveclub, until we get clearance for the next checkpoint.. but as I said if anyone needs help, just ask.

I think the next checkpoint is free for all platinum (Reching 900.000 would be pointless, with that special ops that grands 10k years each time.. I'm already in 850.000 years and only did it a few times.. it's also a good place to get some 1st+ grade civilians, just use order protect civilians/carry civilians and let the AI grab all 5 of them while you just stop the enemies or grab their weapons/harvest.. doesn't take more then 2-3 minutes at the worst runs..).

Still the trophies Towards the Great Transformation and/or Volunteer of the Year could be used as checkpoints, I'm unsure, but Superbuu should have an idea of what it will be.

Also what kind of gear/strategy that girl that helped you was running? Kind of interested, since that seams like easy mode for that fight :lol:

For now, I'm playing Tales of Hearts R and Driveclub, until we get clearance for the next checkpoint.. but as I said if anyone needs help, just ask.

She had a Barbaras Easy Blaster P full Ice with 2800ish attack power, rarity 8 full modules. Level 10.

I honestly don't know the strategy though, the front guards came off, and than she laid into his giant eye/ whatever else. Too fast x.x

Edited by TigressLion

Ok, I know what that's, I had read that you could do that, and you just need to take a lot of ammo and 2 Barbaras or something..

But getting Barbaras at Rarity 8 + Late Bloomer will take quite a bit of time.. still that at least gives me an idea of what element alignment I will do to mine.. (Rarity only influence the number of slot for modules, not the actual damage of it, so any rarity between 6 and 8 is decent for end game high power gear).

But it's good to know there's a way to make it a lot easier!

She only brought one Barbaras, her 2nd weapon was a Hawkshadow - Lightning. My Rarity 7 barabas is advanced level 2, I need to do mission 3-2 5 times for the synthetics and than I'll lvl it up. I also infused the weapons from Simeons Wish, THAT was a good result. Haha.

Ok, nice info!

I didn't got those yet (I literally stopped after getting back to the cell..).

Scratch that, possible plat. I played online with an 800,000 sentence girl just now; she literally killed that boss in 45 seconds. I didn't even have time to fire 12 rockets T-T.

Sounds like my fights with rocket launchers :awesome:

On the other hand... you need still Pelta kill offline for the gold trophy xD

So... maybe scratch scratch? :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Sounds like my fights with rocket launchers :awesome:

On the other hand... you need still Pelta kill offline for the gold trophy xD

So... maybe scratch scratch? :awesome:

If I get my level 10 barbaras, and perma-kill the tentacles I'll be good. The dragon has a rock exploit apparently.

Off on a good foot, while waiting for next checkpoint I went back and did all the DO missions with my Barbaras up to Code 6. I feel like a god.

Since there was no checkpoint update today, I'm just going to do some Code 8 missions and continue on a bit.

Edited by TigressLion

I managed to clear Code 6, I'll get Code 7 this weekend. I'm anticipating as to what the next discussion will be on as I'll further expound as to why the sentence system doesn't make any sense. I'm mainly following the story now to see how it keeps failing and to see as to wrote this crap. As for treating the leaders of the Panatopticon as mere jerks the problem is that nearly everyone besides your sinners club is a jerk: the Citizens (excluding Julien), sinners with shorter sentences, some gang that I forgot showed up at the beginning, and the villain that's finally introduced near the end of the game. Natalia and the higher-ups remind me of the Psychlos from Battlefield Earth more so than the Party from 1984; at least Battlefield Earth is a "so bad it's good" film while this game is more of a comparison piece of how not to make a dystopian story. Speaking of forgotten plot points, how come the player character never bothered to recover any of their memories?

• Like 1

I managed to clear Code 6, I'll get Code 7 this weekend. I'm anticipating as to what the next discussion will be on as I'll further expound as to why the sentence system doesn't make any sense. I'm mainly following the story now to see how it keeps failing and to see as to wrote this crap. As for treating the leaders of the Panatopticon as mere jerks the problem is that nearly everyone besides your sinners club is a jerk: the Citizens (excluding Julien), sinners with shorter sentences, some gang that I forgot showed up at the beginning, and the villain that's finally introduced near the end of the game. Natalia and the higher-ups remind me of the Psychlos from Battlefield Earth more so than the Party from 1984; at least Battlefield Earth is a "so bad it's good" film while this game is more of a comparison piece of how not to make a dystopian story. Speaking of forgotten plot points, how come the player character never bothered to recover any of their memories?

I could be mistaken as I skipped all the text as there's way too much but, I think you learn about it end of Code 7?

I've started Freedom Wars yesterday and reached CODE 2, trying to catch up to the We Play.

Also are the free DLC items unlocked at a specific point in the game? I tried the "Claim Goods" option when it was available, but only got 15 frag grenades.

I got mine through Claim Goods during Code 2. Maybe they didn't install.

Checkpoint 2 reached two days ago ^_^

1- What's your thoughts regarding the premise of Freedom Wars? About overpopulation and wars over valuable resources?

It's certainly interesting. It hugely resembles God Eater regarding the overpopulation and "Panopticons (did i say that right?)/clans" fighting each other.

2- What do you think about the story? Are you liking it so far?

Yes, the story managed to get to me, but not powerfully if that's correct to say. I'd have loved it if we knew what happened to Sylvia.

3- Thoughts on the absurd sentence system?

It's actually hilarious xD I gained my first sentence lengthening punishment by walking 5 steps. and got about 10 punishments for remaining silent (Oh please, like no one leaves games idle in the middle of an important conversation...)

4- What do you think of the 1984-level of surveillance in Panopticons?

Rather....unusual, i've lots of Botty-Bots surveying me non stop...not to mention my own hunk accessory. I certainly feel uncomfortable xD

5- Thoughts on the characters? Do you have a favorite one?

All of them are interesting, but i wish they made some actual dialogues with other members other than Uwe and the latter. Hmmm, favorite....Elfriede has to be my favorite. This will sound weird, but Natalia "9" Woo is my second favorite right next to Beatrice....And let's not forget Mr. Percy Propa :dance:

6- What's your take on the concept of Sinner being accompanied by an "accessory" that monitors them all the time-- even during sleep?

Don't mind it, it is just doing its job, nothing more. However, i like how dummy they will sound if you idle talk to them out of your cell :ninja:

7- Are you enjoying the gameplay? Does the third-person perspective fit well with style of the game?

I quite like it, actually. I was getting a bit sick from the typical RPG tactic thingy with no actual interactivity and variety of choices to end monsters or enemies, etc.

I especially like the Severing components mechanic, real neat and easy.

8- How are the missions going along? Did you acquire good gear?

They are smooth, though some can be a pain in the butt. And to be honest...i haven't the slightest clue if i'm even doing damage to enemies or not, i just keep on doing the Severing and let the AIs or my boyfriend do the Damage dealing. xD

9- Did you experience any difficulty spikes during the missions?

Indeed, the Peltatum or whatever its name has been the hardest thing i've faced so far in the game. And the DO missions are increasing in ridiculousness everytime you progress in CODEs.

10- How are finding the presentation (visuals and audio)? Is it great for a handheld console such as the Vita?

Yes, they are decent and even above average. And i also like how the Language of speaking for characters are Japanese with English texts, it adds a little...joy :awesome:

It's more than appropriate and awesome for the Vita, same thing i said about God Eater.

11- Did you try multi-player yet? If so, how does playing with real people compare with the game's A.I.?

I did experience Ad-hoc with my boyfriend, it's smooth, i guess. I haven't experienced a full party of real players so i can't compare it to AI gameplay, but the AIs aren't as bad as in some games.

In retrospect I should've broken up the last checkpoint >_>. Anyway only 3/4 people seemed to have reached the current checkpoint, but we should progress as they seem to be waiting and i'm not sure if people are stuck or bored, remember if you need coop help just ask. I'm likely going to start asking for help personally.

Anyway:

Checkpoint 3 - Clear all code 8 missions

In retrospect I should've broken up the last checkpoint >_>. Anyway only 3/4 people seemed to have reached the current checkpoint, but we should progress as they seem to be waiting and i'm not sure if people are stuck or bored, remember if you need coop help just ask. I'm likely going to start asking for help personally.

Anyway:

Checkpoint 3 - Clear all code 8 missions

Would it be considered a spoiler to let you know how to unlock the code 8 missions? It kinda confused me when I played.

And as always, I'm willing to help in coop.

Would it be considered a spoiler to let you know how to unlock the code 8 missions? It kinda confused me when I played.

And as always, I'm willing to help in coop.

If its unclear defintely post it, as these types of games can be confusing at times. Also now I know who to hound when I need help :P.

If its unclear defintely post it, as these types of games can be confusing at times. Also now I know who to hound when I need help :P.

I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case.

First you need to plant the seed given to you by Julien. Then you need to grind out years until you can talk to Simeon. You unlock the missions by talking to Simeon. Every time you talk to him, you need to grind out 15-30 thousand years (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head) before he offers another wish. For the second; third; and fourth wishes, you'll be given one of the CODE 8 missions. The first wish doesn't give you a mission.