We Play Freedom Wars

He looks more like my char xD

And I wasn't even pulling Narukami :D

Lol, at first I wasn't planning on making Freedom Wars' version of Narukami. But the character I created looked a lot like him, so I adjusted a few things. FW even has its own verion of Yosuke too ... kinda... with some imagination... ok, a lot of imagination :awesome:.

10196026a.jpg

vbkQcnq.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't done much progress (only up to mission 2 on Code 8), because I have been trying to lvl up my gear as much as possible..

Code 7 extra ops proved to be much harder then Code 8 ops, and I actually still have a Code 7 extra ops to do..

Currently grinding some Synthetic Dumper: Byped Mk3 (got 0..).. kind of getting tired of my own luck..

Also the fact that I decided to grind my last trophy on Driveclub Bikes before they decided to add more bikes did slow me down a bit..

EASY way to plat no one told me:

SR42 weapon, choose this to get to lvl 10. !!DO NOT ADVANCE IT!! A lvl 10 non advanced SR42 gun, requires no retribution mats and theyre all easy mats like mk4's.

500,000 years is easy when you farm Jakarta. 3 citizens who are all close and spawned at start. 10,000 years every 3-5 minutes.

Here I come plat.

EDIT: just obtained my lvl 10 weap.

13 more Jakarta's and I got the plat!

Edited by TigressLion
  • Like 1

I don't know why but until a little while ago I was thinking that for the trophy "Volunteer of the Year" were were asked to do all "Special Operations" and not just all "Optional Operations" :lol: , I was having a hard time coming to terms with it, since the only one I managed to solo was Jakarta (but got close to clear some of the earlier ones..).

Also Dionaea is a joke compared to Peltatum, just too a little over 12 minutes on first try.. as for Peltatum, I still need to get him without dying.. but didn't tried it since I last upgraded my gear (me = Hawkshadow+ with 990 power, AAW-M2E1  with 4620 power and 12 ammo, accessory = AAW-M2E1 with 3915 power.. need to grind further if I want to get them more powerful).

EASY way to plat no one told me:

SR42 weapon, choose this to get to lvl 10. !!DO NOT ADVANCE IT!! A lvl 10 non advanced SR42 gun, requires no retribution mats and theyre all easy mats like mk4's.

Thanks for the tip, I read it earlier, and started making a random one just for the trophy, got it to lvl 9 now, just need to get Will'O Engine: All-Purpouse Mk4 (I had some, but those are also used to upgraded the advanced weapons, so I have used what I got on my gear.. will save the next 3 for this trophy), Willonite Medium Purity (I read that we get some from doing 7-5 without dying, and since I need to do it for the other trophy anyway, I will not bother myself with this) and Synthetic Damper: Biped Mk4... This last one will be a pain, since I had tons of troubles getting 2-3 Mk3 versions of it for another weapon and took forever..

Other then that I need 200k Years, but that's easy, and also need the 26 miles trophy... is there any way to check how far we got towards this? I feel like I'm super far from it (but then I also got surprised when I got the 9999 bullets trophy, since I tough I hadn't fired so many rounds, because I'm still mainly going melee).

Edit: Ok, maybe my gear (and team) did had something to do with Dionaea being a joke.. Peltapum did feel quite easily, with me barely having to shoot anything.. just severing everything I could (team in "Supres Personal" order and it was Natalia lvl8, Beatrice lvl9 and Uwe lvl8)..

Just the distance, and a little grind to get the platinum.. and actually only a little while ago I noticed that I already clocked over 75 hours into this game, but it really didn't felt like I spent all that time in it.. really liking the game!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

I finally got the plat!!!!

Synthetic Dampers are easy, the have MK4 special operations with JUST the abductors. Just shoot the legs out.

Congrats!!

I know, I have been using that fight, but I got 0 from there (tried another mission with a random group and there was a Mk4 in that mission and got 2, so need 1 more). My problem may also be that I'm trying to get Will'O Engine at the same time (I break the pod before start breaking the legs), still need more 2 of those too.. or maybe I'm just being unlucky with the drops, since I have been getting something else from breaking the legs (and pod)..

Congrats!!

I know, I have been using that fight, but I got 0 from there (tried another mission with a random group and there was a Mk4 in that mission and got 2, so need 1 more). My problem may also be that I'm trying to get Will'O Engine at the same time (I break the pod before start breaking the legs), still need more 2 of those too.. or maybe I'm just being unlucky with the drops, since I have been getting something else from breaking the legs (and pod)..

Not unlucky at all, I was fighting MK4 and kept getting MK3 drops -_- I had to redo that mission a bunch haha. Can finally put this game behind me.

Not unlucky at all, I was fighting MK4 and kept getting MK3 drops -_- I had to redo that mission a bunch haha. Can finally put this game behind me.

Didn't noticed that we could get Mk3 stuff from Mk4 abductors.. that explains why I was seeing "Will'O Engine" in the result screen, but the counter didn't increased in my inventory (name is to big, and I wasn't waiting to see it scroll to see the number..).

Well, when I decided to not break the pod first, I ended up getting 2 Synthetic Dampers, and now got 1 Will'O Engine MK4, 1 more to go!

After this I think I will farm the fake Red for materials to improve further my weapons, since I will need to keep playing (the 26 mile trophy..).

Reached CODE 8, reduced my sentence below 500,000 years, and got the mp trophies thanks to theguytom/Urushiro (thanks a lot for patiently putting up with all the disconnects :D). Completed all the missions in the first 7 CODES (including the optional ones) and I'm currently farming items to improve my weapons, because the CODE 8 mission kicked my butt.

Also found a weapon with a Power XL module and combined that with my Barbera gun. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware how that works and I got 3 new modules, which are completely useless and also replaced the Power L module. To make things worse, I didn't get the Power XL (which was the only module installed on the gun. Of course the game automatically saves before seeing the results, so now my pretty decent weapon has become slightly above average. I'm planning to back up the save file and combine all the weapons Simeon gave me to get a lot of Power L modules into one weapon and combine that with the main gun. 

I haven't done much progress (only up to mission 2 on Code 8), because I have been trying to lvl up my gear as much as possible..

Code 7 extra ops proved to be much harder then Code 8 ops, and I actually still have a Code 7 extra ops to do..

Currently grinding some Synthetic Dumper: Byped Mk3 (got 0..).. kind of getting tired of my own luck..

Also the fact that I decided to grind my last trophy on Driveclub Bikes before they decided to add more bikes did slow me down a bit..

I'm also farming for Synthetic Dampers and noticed you can get it by shooting the legs. Those won't break, but the abductor will fall down and you automatically get an item. Much higher chance to get it this way instead of hoping the abductor drops some after destroying it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I'm also farming for Synthetic Dampers and noticed you can get it by shooting the legs. Those won't break, but the abductor will fall down and you automatically get an item. Much higher chance to get it this way instead of hoping the abductor drops some after destroying it.

That's actually the only way to get them.. I used a method of clinging to the leg (yellow circle), and then combo  :square:  :triangle:  (repeat), this is the fastest combo at least for my weapon, but I'm with the almost 1000 power light sword..

Still missing 1 Will'O Engine All-Purpose Mk4.. it just refuses to drop... There's a Special Operation that gives them for 2 stars finish (DS306), but I can't do it offline and online haven't had luck with help..

Same goes for the Dampers, there's a Special Operation that give some for 4 stars finish (GO310).

If you want, we can team up to try to get those materials.

That's actually the only way to get them.. I used a method of clinging to the leg (yellow circle), and then combo  :square:  :triangle:  (repeat), this is the fastest combo at least for my weapon, but I'm with the almost 1000 power light sword..

Still missing 1 Will'O Engine All-Purpose Mk4.. it just refuses to drop... There's a Special Operation that gives them for 2 stars finish (DS306), but I can't do it offline and online haven't had luck with help..

Same goes for the Dampers, there's a Special Operation that give some for 4 stars finish (GO310).

If you want, we can team up to try to get those materials.

It'd like to, but my Vita keeps disconnecting after 2-7 minutes even when sitting next to the router. It took a long time to get those 15 co-op missions done. So unless those special operations missions can be done as fast as the Jakarta mission, I can't complete it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

It'd like to, but my Vita keeps disconnecting after 2-7 minutes even when sitting next to the router. It took a long time to get those 15 co-op missions done. So unless those special operations missions can be done as fast as the Jakarta mission, I can't complete it.

That's bad :( , and no, they are really long, since 1 is 3 waves of abductors and the other is 2 waves of civilians to rescue..

I probably will give up of trying to get it online and focus on killing the Biped Mk4 offline..

Freedom Wars Discussion #2

*Be sure to finish up checkpoint 3 before going into the second discussion, sorry I messed up a bit :P

Part 2 is here! Sorry if this was too early, I didn't know we were this close to finishing the game. A lot of things have happened since the last checkpoint, so I prepared 10 questions to keep the discussion going, answer away :)

1- Thoughts on Abel? How did you find the Red Rage boss fight?

2- What did you think of his crazy plan?

3- Were you surprised to see what's in the Casket?

5- Were you surprised to find that Carlos had betrayed the party?

6- Thoughts on Sylvia? Will she end-up being an ally or still an enemy?

7- What do you think Aries's role in all this? What do you think are here intentions?

8- Back to the sentence system, why and who do you think made such a system in the first place?

9- If your character's sentence reaches 0, do you think they'll walk freely easily, or get tricked into more fighting?

10- What do you think of Julien? Even though he's not much of a fighter, does he do a good job of helping the party?

After a good number of us have finished the final checkpoint, I'll be posting the post-game discussions, in which we'll be discussing our overall thoughts and verdict of the game. Stay tuned for that!

1. Abel reminded me a bit of Sephiroth in both appearance and goal (both of them even wield an oversized sword). He could've been a better villain if the story was fleshed out. I still have a lot of questions that are unanswered. The Red Rage boss fight was disappointing. From CODE 4 the game builds up towards the inevitable battle against Abel and Red Rage and introduces the concept of super-powered prototypes. Then suddenly there's a module that allows us to damage it, turning it into just a fight against an abductor, something I've done dozens of times already. Only difference is Red Rage's arms regenerate. And Abel is supposed to be the best Sinner in the world with a mental link with Red Rage. During the fight Red Rage was just running around and spamming the eye laser while Abel dashes around and avoids the bullets. Very disappointed in with that fight.
  2. There was certainly a truth in what Abel said, but it seemed to me he just wanted to keep on fighting forever. Which made his defeat so weird, because he was happy to have lost. That made no sense at all.
  3. Yeah, I expected it was some sort of bomb that wiped out Arcadia and nOg, so wasn't expecting it to be a portal to another dimension.
  4. What happened to question #4?
  5. Definitely, though because of that half-assed scene it made no sense at all.
  6. That weapon Simeon gave seems to have magically turned her into our ally.
  7. Not sure, I noticed there was a new cutscene about Cesare and Aries says something like: "The Great Transformation, the war to end all the other wars ... or something". Can't remember the exact words, but I definitely think Simeon and Aries are up to something. Simeon seems to have a grudge against On High and seems to be the First Fallen (Sylvia recognized the spear).
  8. Seems to me like a system to force people to do all the dirty work. Since the protagonist's memories didn't come back and nothing is explained, it's impossible to guess. But imo it might be the ones who made the prototype abductors.
  9. Either tricked into more fighting or offered a job at Natalia's team (and do more fighing). I doubt he'll be free to do as he pleases. Especially now that Simeon wants to use him to bring the Great Transformation.
  10. Yeah he does a good job, though the module thing seems like a very convenient deus ex machina thing to quickly wrap things up.

I'm really struggling and falling back here, i can't pass the last DO missions for me (the one with two Ramosa) and the very first CODE 8 mission, and i'm sensing it's because of my newbie gear...

So, i was thinking of changing my Elemental impact sword (something along the line of TB/LR or something) to a cutting weapon since i excel at severing parts, but it's taking too damn long with that Flare Knife, to be short, what cutting weapon is the best? i was considering a Hawkshadow+,

I'm really struggling and falling back here, i can't pass the last DO missions for me (the one with two Ramosa) and the very first CODE 8 mission, and i'm sensing it's because of my newbie gear...

So, i was thinking of changing my Elemental impact sword (something along the line of TB/LR or something) to a cutting weapon since i excel at severing parts, but it's taking too damn long with that Flare Knife, to be short, what cutting weapon is the best? i was considering a Hawkshadow+,

I never once used non-gun weapons for severing, so I can't say.

But weapons work wonders too: Impact Advanced Barbaras, Phalanx, AAW, etc. Takes me like 20 seconds per part. Except for Peltatum and Dionaea, I can strip an abductor to bare bones within 2-3 minutes.

I have played online with people only used swords/knifes, and they did WAY better than me. So I won't discourage them, I just thought Id give another option haha.

• Like 1

Usually Barbaras is the easiest one to built to 1000+ power, this can get you done for most of the severing stuff (I had to make 1 for Peltatum story boss), but I prefer light swords for severing, so I made a Hackshadow+ (it's not the best light weapon for severing, since there's 1 with higher power, but since I normally fight melee, this one is awesome with high critical rate).

Also other then Barbaras brokeness, Hackshadow+, other thing that I suggest (like Satoshi :lol:) it's the AAW rocket launcher, give 1 to your accessory and another for yourself for severe damage.

My final setup is Hackshadow+ with 1120 or so power, 2 AAW-M2E1 with 4600+ power (1 with 12 ammo capacity that I user myself, the other is 10 and it's what my accessory use). All 3 are lvl6 or 7 not sure, but I now need retribution only parts to lvl up them further.. For augmentation I use Last Legs, Attack, Attack+, Thorn Mastery and Thorn Extend.

Also finely got the platinum, but I will help anyone that needs, just message me.

I will answer the 2nd questionnaire in a bit..

• Like 1

Congrats on the plat Han, How'd you enjoy the adventure? Personally all it did was make me want to play soul sacrifice some more, as its better in every way. Now I am, haha. Overall, 15$ is not a bad price for it, though A LOT of talking and running around for my blood. When you actually got to have matches it was a lot of fun; though I felt, at times, all they did to amp difficulty was just too much boss health at times haha. I spent 40 minutes grinding some missions -_-

• Like 2

Congrats on the plat Han, How'd you enjoy the adventure? Personally all it did was make me want to play soul sacrifice some more, as its better in every way. Now I am, haha. Overall, 15$ is not a bad price for it, though A LOT of talking and running around for my blood. When you actually got to have matches it was a lot of fun; though I felt, at times, all they did to amp difficulty was just too much boss health at times haha. I spent 40 minutes grinding some missions -_-

I did like it quite a bit, the running around was bad at the start, but with the teleport it wasn't so bad.. still the story is kind of minimalist, just to give a setting to the game, not much more then that.. as for the missions, it's good, and although it took me almost 75 hours to get the platinum, I'm no where near worn out of the game, and could continue playing for much longer..  But, ya the difficulty increase usually was just attack+health increase or just increase the number of Abductors at once (2 Dragons at once isn't funny.. even with a full group online..). I got the retail version for full price (40€) long ago, and actually don't regret it, but Soul Sacrifice seams much more solid and deep that this...

And I for some reason never got to much into Soul Sacrifice and am far from getting it's platinum, but probably that's because I'm playing it the wrong way or something..

Completed all missions up to 8-4. Only 8-5 left for the checkpoint, but I'm farming some materials to upgrade my weapons a bit. Managed to complete 2 Retribution missions (besides the Jakarta) with NPC party members and got some good materials. Also tried to do Peltatum with no sustainability loss, but it releases all the chains when 1/3 of its health is down (which is equivalent to severing 3 boxes) and then again with 50% left  :facepalm: .

I've used a Murasame knife from the start, but switched to a Damascus Knife after upgrading my weapon facility to lvl 8, that one has the highest base damage. Got a rarity 7 which can store 10 modules and added some sweet L and XL modules. It's lvl 8 (base model, not advanced) with a damage of 791. Going to get it to lvl 9, back up the save file, get to lvl 10 for the trophy, reload and upgrade it to an advanced model for more damage.

Edited by Dragon-Archon