We Play Freedom Wars

I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case.

First you need to plant the seed given to you by Julien. Then you need to grind out years until you can talk to Simeon. You unlock the missions by talking to Simeon. Every time you talk to him, you need to grind out 15-30 thousand years (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head) before he offers another wish. For the second; third; and fourth wishes, you'll be given one of the CODE 8 missions. The first wish doesn't give you a mission.

Reply to bolded.

In other words, do Jakarta 'till event happens =D

Freedom Wars Discussion #2

*Be sure to finish up checkpoint 3 before going into the second discussion, sorry I messed up a bit :P. Also, I fixed the Q4 issue.

Part 2 is here! Sorry if this was too early, I didn't know we were this close to finishing the game. A lot of things have happened since the last checkpoint, so I prepared 10 questions to keep the discussion going, answer away :)

1- Thoughts on Abel? How did you find the Red Rage boss fight?

2- What did you think of his crazy plan?

3- Were you surprised to see what's in the Casket?

4- Were you surprised to find that Carlos had betrayed the party?

5- Thoughts on Sylvia? Will she end-up being an ally or still an enemy?

6- What do you think Aries's role in all this? What do you think are here intentions?

7- Back to the sentence system, why and who do you think made such a system in the first place?

8- If your character's sentence reaches 0, do you think they'll walk freely easily, or get tricked into more fighting?

9- What do you think of Julien? Even though he's not much of a fighter, does he do a good job of helping the party?

After a good number of us have finished the final checkpoint, I'll be posting the post-game discussions, in which we'll be discussing our overall thoughts and verdict of the game. Stay tuned for that!

Freedom Wars Discussion #1

Hey everyone, I'll be in charge of the discussions regarding the game. Sorry for the slight delay (I was busy farming for items  :P). Anyway, the discussions are here, so feel free to answer away!

1- What's your thoughts regarding the premise of Freedom Wars? About overpopulation and wars over valuable resources?

2- What do you think about the story? Are you liking it so far?

3- Thoughts on the absurd sentence system?

4- What do you think of the 1984-level of surveillance in Panopticons?

5- Thoughts on the characters? Do you have a favorite one?

6- What's your take on the concept of Sinner being accompanied by an "accessory" that monitors them all the time-- even during sleep?

7- Are you enjoying the gameplay? Does the third-person perspective fit well with style of the game?

8- How are the missions going along? Did you acquire good gear?

9- Did you experience any difficulty spikes during the missions?

10- How are finding the presentation (visuals and audio)? Is it great for a handheld console such as the Vita?

11- Did you try multi-player yet? If so, how does playing with real people compare with the game's A.I.?

Most of us have finished the game and are willing to help those in need of some assistance in missions. So, if you're having trouble, feel free to ask for help. That's all for this discussion, I just wanted to start-off talking about basic things about the game such as the premise and etc. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions and keep the discussions going, stay tuned for part 2!

Discussion #1 Responses

1- Interesting setting, though the whole overpopulation thing have become overused recently.

2- It's good and I'm interested to see what happens next.

3- Well, it's absurd! You get a 10 year sentence for walking more than X number of steps?!

4- It's too close to comfort. Having the accessory watching you is enough, but putting a big minor in front of your bed is too much.

5- They're alright. Uwe and Beatrice are so far my faves.

6- It's a tad weird. They are helpful in combat, but having them with you 24/7 is too much. It's a good thing that you can command them to not follow you later on.

7- Yeah, the gameplay is addictive yet tends to be repetitive. the third-person perspective fits the game well, can't see it any other way.

8- The missions are going smoothly. Yes, I've gotten some decent gear, just need to upgrade them for more damage.

9- Yes, at times. Enemies-- especially Abductors tend to get aggressive during long battles. Though it's nothing too serious.

10- The presentation is really great. It's console-like quality on the Vita. The visuals are neat and the soundtrack packs some catchy tracks.

11- Yes, it was a lot of fun. Most of the players I met were rather experienced, so our battles went smoothly. I did experience some connection errors and lags here and there, nothing major, but can be annoying.

Edited by NullRay85

:facepalm: my save file corrupted (jolly, how did that happen.....) and my last Plus save file was exactly before fighting You-know-who and their toy (and the thing behind door No.1 :awesome:). So i'm going to be late for the party....Terribly sorry for being such a klutz  :facepalm:

And since i only got past that part by luck, thought i'd ask for help. So here goes:

How the actual fuck can you beat Peltatum strategically and without luck with all those chains ramming all over you? I'm in a damn massacre xD

How the actual fuck can you beat Peltatum strategically and without luck with all those chains ramming all over you? I'm in a damn massacre xD

Puhu~

Actually, rocket launcher IS the best way how to obliterate that one =D

I will give you a hint =D

There was once a last boss.

The last boss appeared on the roof.

He thought he would have an advantage of the space.

But there was a little hallway.

Hallway that emitted a weird feeling.

The feeling that attracted sinners.

The feeling that repelled chains.

From there, lonely sinner could snipe.

• Like 1

:facepalm: my save file corrupted (jolly, how did that happen.....) and my last Plus save file was exactly before fighting You-know-who and their toy (and the thing behind door No.1 :awesome:). So i'm going to be late for the party....Terribly sorry for being such a klutz  :facepalm:

And since i only got past that part by luck, thought i'd ask for help. So here goes:

My tips for pelta

As for the pelta fight, you should be destroying the box things on it's back in the correct order so that you can destroy the arm things that spawn. I can't remember the exact order for pelta, but destroy the boxes in the order that the arm things fall off from them. When you destroy the boxes, you can kill the arm things so that they don't come back up. As long as you have enough painkillers, this fight shouldn't be much trouble. The arms won't bother you and pelta itself rarely does anything that would damage you until after you reduce its health enough (this should happen after you destroy all boxes and arms.) At this point, you can shoot it with a level 10 assault gun for a few minutes and it'll die. As long as you dodge the laser attack (it is easily avoidable) this last step should be the easiest. I'll look up the order that the arms naturally detach and update this post with it.

Here's the order if you're looking at it from the front:

6X7
  • Like 2

Reached the second checkpoint and still nothing about the protagonist's past was revealed. It looks like the game doesn't bother with that plot point as the second discussion has spoilers for stuff that hasn't happened before Code 7.

Because protagonist is highly irrelevant character in the game.

He is just the chosen one.

I got the chance to have a PS+ month, I wanted a game which I save some money from the sales, also, I needed a month of PS+ because my DOA5 + had a bug that crashed so bad the game and sometimes, made the system send some serious error messages, do you recomend me to play it?, I downloaded it some days ago, also I played some hours, but the game has a lot of penalizations, any tip to avoid that?, also, I'm not the type of person that plays online, the game must be played online or not?, I have just finished the tutorials and played the first normal mission

Edited by Zeitgeist-9

Currently grinding stuff (got 2 AAW, 1 Barbaras and 1 Hawkshadow all rarity 8, rank 1, Late Bloomers, advanced and at lvl3-4.. just grinding some materials to keep upgrading them before continuing the Code 8 story).

Also, when a retribution event starts (the random ones, that happen in Code 8), when the room gets red, where do I go to check what mission it is? The Special Operations are always the same, regardless of a retribution is going on.. I got a bit confused with this..

I got the chance to have a PS+ month, I wanted a game which I save some money from the sales, also, I needed a month of PS+ because my DOA5 + had a bug that crashed so bad the game and sometimes, made the system send some serious error messages, do you recomend me to play it?, I downloaded it some days ago, also I played some hours, but the game has a lot of penalizations, any tip to avoid that?, also, I'm not the type of person that plays online, the game must be played online or not?, I have just finished the tutorials and played the first normal mission

The game can be played 99% offline, you only need to play online to get the 3 online trophies (but with a good group grinding for materials online is faster, same goes for the Special missions, since those are really hard, but all this can be done offline with the AI companions).

As for the Penalties, don't think to much about then, just keep playing and getting the requirements to get to the next Code, when you get to a somewhat higher code (6-7 probably), you will be able to start doing a Special mission called Jakarta Retribution, this gives 10000 Years reduction and can be done as many times as you wish (this mission involves capturing 3 civilians, but with good AI and with team order "Protect Citizen" they will capture them in no time if you level up the units that you are using), so the initial Penalties are redundant in the long term game.

Also to avoid some penalties get the entitlements that allow you to keep the higher rarities materials along the entitlements required to clear the code that you are currently in.

Also, when a retribution event starts (the random ones, that happen in Code 8), when the room gets red, where do I go to check what mission it is? The Special Operations are always the same, regardless of a retribution is going on.. I got a bit confused with this..

I believe this is just a remaining feature from previous patches.

Since this is how you got Retribution missions before you could get them infinitely (so yea, no infinite Jakarta :D).

It's actually mentioned in the trophy guide iirc (since guide was made for lower version)

I believe this is just a remaining feature from previous patches.

Since this is how you got Retribution missions before you could get them infinitely (so yea, no infinite Jakarta :D).

It's actually mentioned in the trophy guide iirc (since guide was made for lower version)

Ok, that explains it! And ya, the guide talked about save scuming to get the Retribution missions that you wanted to show up too, but since they are all unlock all the time, there's no need for it now :)

I'm sorry, but do you guys mind if i'm a little late to the Third Checkpoint? My flight back home is tomorrow and have to do stuff before it and stuff so i will most likely not going to have any leisure time for the Vita or make any actual progress, but i may grind sentence reduction, if that contributes.

....And maybe because the first CODE 8 and some DO mission on CODE 7 wrecked me hard that i partially gave up.

Edited by YaoiGod