Psychonauts 2 a possibility

Leenewbe

Psychonauts 2 is a sequel to Double Fine's first-ever game, a quirky, beloved, 2005 platformer about a team of psychic spies-in-training. Most of the pieces are in order -- the concept art is in, the characters are rendered, the narrative is prepped and Double Fine founder Tim Schafer is ready to roll. The studio needs just one more thing before diving into development: $3.3 million from investors and fans.
 http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/03/double-fine-is-making-psychonauts-2-but-it-needs-3-3-million/

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

"+$18 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions as an addon"...

What does that mean? 

I'd back, but does that mean that I have to pay an additional $18 to get a PS4 version? Or is that a reward, i.e. they'll give me an $18 PSN credit to buy the game with?

Without clarification on that point, I'm hesitant to back. 

I don't like it when games are crowd funded with someone else's money backing it. Just doesn't seem right. That being said, from the total so far, looks like it'll be funded no problem.

Spreading the risk makes it more likely to get made though. Plus, some investors want evidence of public interest in the project. 

As long as it's disclosed, I don't have a problem with it. I think you get into issues when you do what Shenmue 3 did - there was (and, on my part at least, still is) a lot of confusion about how much money is coming from other sources, whether it has enough capital overall to achieve it's ambitions, etc. 

"+$18 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions as an addon"...

we will have to pay an extra $18 for console versions just found it whilst reading though the article

``Please note that a console version of Psychonauts 2  for PS4 or Xbox One is available as an add-on to every tier above 'Basic Braining' for an additional $18.``

Edited by Leenewbe

we will have to pay an extra $18 for console versions just found it whilst reading though the article

``Please note that a console version of Psychonauts 2  for PS4 or Xbox One is available as an add-on to every tier above 'Basic Braining' for an additional $18.``

Well done for finding it! Thanks. 

I'll have to have a think about backing then. I just wanted to know exactly what I was getting into before I did so. 

Title says "Psychonauts 2 a possibility" and first line of the post says

Psychonauts 2 is happening.

I'm confused, it is happening or not? Seems like from the post that they need money to do it, but I'm uncertain if it will happen regardless if they fail to get the money and/or meteors hit the earth and destroy mankind or the whole thing is nothing but a possibility.

I'm confused, it is happening or not? Seems like from the post that they need money to do it, but I'm uncertain if it will happen regardless if they fail to get the money and/or meteors hit the earth and destroy mankind or the whole thing is nothing but a possibility.

Don't know how to change the title, but that choice is up to DF and TS at the end of the day if it doesn't reach its target.

Don't know how to change the title, but that choice is up to DF and TS at the end of the day if it doesn't reach its target.

EDIT > FULL EDIT.

So they didn't say if it's happening or not? I would keep the title and change the post in that case, better not ring false alarms.

The possibility is happening. :P

• Like 1

I hate crowdfunding campaign like this. This game is being crowdfunding on nostalgia and good fate. While other games that really need it struggle to reach there goal, this game has a 95% chance of being funded in a few days.

Also this crowdfunding campaign is super shady, why do they need the exact same amount of money they got and squandered for Broken Age?

Why isn't the fact Tim Schafer is a adviser for Fig on the campaign page? (Just click on the fig about button, he's right there in the advisory board.)

Why do the console versions have this weird "+$18 addon" thing? Why didn't they just make a backer level for the console versions? As it is now no matter what backer level you choose you have to pay $18 more to get a PS4 or XBONE version.

• 4 weeks later...

Make it have a platinum trophy and make the original a PS2 remake like they did with Dark Cloud(I don't care if it hasn't got a platinum as long as it has a trophy list) and I will definitely see what i can do with my flagging income. I completed the original 100% and I want to see more of this. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ